Poll – Can Newcastle Make It 5 Wins In A Row Against Ipswich?

Each game is a unique challenge for Newcastle United and when we face Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon they have a good defense, so it could be difficult for us to break them down.

Ipswich have only conceded 9 goals in the league in their 13 games, but on the other hand they have only scored 10 goals, so it could be a low scoring game and it could be crucial for Newcastle to keep a clean sheet on Saturday.

Ipswich Town .svg

A win would be our 5th in a row and would keep us at the top of the Championship table – which is what we need.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Ipswich Town?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:37 AM

• Ron Knee

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:41 AM

On this day

1996: Newcastle inflicted Manchester United’s biggest defeat in 12 years, beating them 5-0 at St James’ Park.

• Budge123

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:42 AM

Can’t argue with that Jail!
    Are you still here to go to the match – hope you get to see a win if you are

• Ibizatoon

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:42 AM

For sure “we can” and probably should.

Nice to see Pardew dabbling into history again. One thing I think we can all agree on, is that we’re happy it’s HISTORY as far as Newcastle United is concerned.

• Ron Knee

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Percy on the England job:-

“I think I have got the experience to do it. I think I can do it one day. I don’t know if this is the time.”

• SPRINGY

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM

we could really do with a convincing home win,with no nerves,not to many scares and a good few goals….think our home form,is at times fragile looking….we could and should win but need to put a run of convincing good winning games together…..to build the players confidence at home.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Yes Budge I’ll be going up there, sitting through the pain. Going in for a somewhat delicate operation today, so I hope I can remember to stay seated after we score.

• SPRINGY

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:57 AM

jail
    hope all goes well with your op,mate.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Ibiza,
    The thing is that nobody follows Newcastle as closely as us. Some of the comments you hear from pundits are so far removed from reality it’s unreal. I don’t know how he’s got the nerve to complain about a system he so readily signed up to, but then again……

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Cheers SPRINGY it’s pretty routine stuff just a bit painful for a few days after apparently 😮

• Jib

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM

I think they have misquoted Pardew !
    He actually said

I think I can do it (for) one day.

😀

• Jib

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM

If you’re getting the snip
    It’s bloody agony

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I wonder what the World stage would think of his dance moves after going one nil up against San M

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Maybe back in your day Jib, they’ve got anaesthetic now.

• Ibizatoon

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM

Jail…What he says isn’t exactly untrue, it’s just not the full story either. He’s a salesman and he’s still selling the Pardew product.

Pardew was a problem, but not “the” problem. Been a while since I’ve been able to wheel that one out. Sorry, it’s a little dusty.

He actually makes me laugh. The bit about “elite managers” is brilliant. He doesn’t intend it to be funny of course.

Good luck with the op. Don’t you be getting high on prescription drugs, coming on here later telling us what a good bloke Ashley is really 😉

• Jib

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Mock ye not Jailbird
    I hope you have high pain threshold

• Jib

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Of all the arseholes Ashley employed at NUFC –
    Llambias , Kinnear , Pardew etc.
    There was only one I rally couldn’t abide.
    This guy

• Jib

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:16 AM

rally = really

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Mag 52

where your agument falls apart yet again is that Pardew is not a ”successful” manager. Nor is Mclaren. Both duds who should have been nowhere near this club.

AP relegated charlton and very nearly us and west ham. One good season can’t mask the burgeoning serial failure.

I don’t remember anyone ever singing for AP, but with Rafa, we have a guy who is not just superbly professional at his job, but also someone who has a moral compass and who demands respect from and unites players and fans alike.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Jib

At least on that we agree. Wise was a truly horrible specimen of mankind.

• beermonkey

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM

jail

good luck

i do hope we wont see a change in you on here after you have been neutered
    if we see you at all you might just curl up on the sofa from now on

• Mag52

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Jail,

Sounds like you need a bit of reading matter as you sit around recuperating.
    I’d recommend APs latest, ‘ The art of meal stealing’ under the pseudonym I. Scoffem.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:23 AM

if deluded, arrogant, defensive, long ball, never won anything merchants like fat sham can get the england gig, i’d say AP is nailed on.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:23 AM

One can only assume that Mag52 has some kind of man crush on the wearer of silly glasses and has a giant poster of him in his eighties mini shorts on his wall.

• Ron Knee

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:30 AM

“The transfer window closes in the UAE today, the only viable option still open for Cheick Tiote …”

• Toon Tang

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Its all “in-form Preston this, in-form Preston that”

I hope they continue their form when travelling to Norwich at the weekend but then have a slight dip for the next two outings. EASY DOES IT

• Mag52

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Rotonda.

I don’t think I’ve ever said Pardew was a ‘successful’ manager, certainly nowhere in the league of Rafa.
    He’s had his moments, and his failures, like most middling managers.
    My angle is that he probably did as well as could reasonably be expected while working under the old Ashley regime.
    He’s having some success at Palace having been given a bit more control over things. No one deserved the amount of abuse he took on here.

• WWSBRD

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:37 AM

I assume Pardew was asked about his time with NUFC? Well let him get on telling his story am not fussed tbh, we all know it was a crap show and he was more than happy with it

Let him have the England job as well he will either succeed or show the world what us and Palace know either way works for me

As for Ipswich Town another 3 points and +3 on the GD post game

• Budge123

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Head butting a player Mag52 pretty much sums him up for me.
    Shouldn’t even get to have his name in the same paragraph as someone like Rafa.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Mag52,
    I could understand your sympathies had he had the rug pulled from underneath him but he was fully complicit in the plan to sucking the life out of us, he didn’t have to dedicate wins to Mike Ashley or tell us we couldn’t compete

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM

With Swansea, his willingness to throw cup competitions makes him every bit as bad as Ashley or Charnley.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Pardew IS a middling manager – at the very highest level of the game. He obviously has all sorts of qualities, and was a regular maestro compared to McClaren and Carver. The derision emanates from his failure to persuade Ashley to give him greater say on the make up of the squad, and for that he should have fallen on his sword earlier. Not good enough to be Newcastle manager, but in truth, precious few are.

• Mag52

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM

jail.

It was Ashley’s plan. Employees,all of them, worked under his conditions.
    We couldn’t compete when we were not replacing key players. It was a statement of fact.
    Onwards and upwards with the Rafalution.

• kilbane

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:09 AM

I know it may be a high expectation but say we win or get to the final of the EFL or FA cup, we’d be in the Europa league playoffs right?

Why not give it a go? I’d like to see NUFC in Premiership and Europe next season.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Mag52,
    I know it was but why are you completely ignoring the fact that Pardew was complicit in the whole sorry affair. Were the guards at Auchwitz simply following orders?

• WWSBRD

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Mag52
    I know Pardew got a lot of stick from fans and ur trying to stick up for him a bit but u are ignoring how happy he was with NUFC/Ashley’s regime mate

He didnt get players he wanted but he didnt get bad players either, he played Cisse on the wing, let Remy sit out, let Cabaye sit out, let players leave with a smile on his face, was the completely the mouth piece with no shame, headbutted players, pushed officials etc

He deserves the reputation he has with us

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Kilbane,
    Only the winners get a spot these days. Rest assured that Rafa and his team will be going all out to win a cup this year and for the foreseeable future. I still can’t come to terms with the fact it was a stated club policy to deliberately avoid winning one or even trying. They should have been charged by the FA for crimes against football.

• JamesToon

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM

It’s quite funny how pardew is now claiming that he told mike Ashley he was wrong, p!ss off you arrogant twat, you are a yes man who let Ashley pull your strings and didn’t have the backbone to come out and say the truth, and now your buying back all the players graham Carr gave you

• JamesToon

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Meanwhile in January i’d go for Tom Cairney if things don’t improve with Diame and Perez. Pretty sure Cairney has the highest pass completion percentage and highest number of key passes

• WWSBRD