Opposition Report – Newcastle Quality Too Much For Ipswich

It was another good result for Newcastle yesterday in the 3-0 win over Ipswich Town, the club that Sir Bobby Robson managed for 13 years from 1969 until he took the England manager job in 1982.

And the two sets of fans are united in their love for their former manager and it showed through yesterday as both sets of fans chanted for their former boss in the second half of this game.

In 709 games Bobby managed Ipswich he had 316 wins and only 220 defeats for a win percentage of 44.6 and he managed Newcastle from 1999-2004 for 255 games with 119 wins and only 72 defeats for a win percentage of 46.7.

sir-bobby-robson-uefa-cup-1981

Ipswich manager Bobby Robson with UEFA Cup – 1981

It’s always good to see how the opposition press reported the game and here is some of the Ipswich Star’s report on yesterday’s game:

“The extra quality of Championship table-toppers Newcastle United showed as Ipswich Town were comfortably beaten 3-0 at St James’ Park this afternoon.

“Ayoze Perez converted a volley with barely a minute played and then, somehow, the Blues made it to the break with no further damage sustained.”

“Town were a lot more solid after the restart, but Perez again showed good instincts in the box to double the lead (73) before Matt Ritchie’s strike (78) made sure of the home win that never really looked in doubt.”

“Ipswich, missing the injured Cole Skuse, were over-run in midfield and six-cap England international Jonjo Shelvey was able to pull the strings from deep.”

“Both sets of fans in the 52,000 capacity crowd were united in their chants hailing former boss Sir Bobby Robson, with around 2,700 Blues supporters having made the trip to the north-east.”

“The only real positive for Ipswich was to see both David McGoldrick and Jonny Williams return to action, both as subs, following their lengthy spells out on the sidelines.”

“Newcastle are now three points clear of Norwich at the top, following five straight wins, while Town are down to 17th in the standings.”

And to show just how good Bobby was at Ipswich Town – in 9 seasons from 1973 he had Ipswich in the top six in the First Division in all but one season (1997-1978) – not too bad when you have very little to no money to spend on players.

During his thirteen-year tenure at the Tractor Boys he brought in only 14 players from other clubs and he is the epitome of a great coach – he got the very best out of the players he had available.

For example he didn’t just go out and buy 11 or more world-class players to make a good team like some clubs have done in the recent past.

And Bobby at Ipswich Town won the  Texaco Cup in 1973, the FA Cup in 1978 and the UEFA Cup in 1981 – shown in the photo at the top of this article.

Yes – Sir Bobby Robson was a great manager and a great man and his memory is shared by both sets of very appreciative fans.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Man Utd all over the place in the 1st half.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM

I’ve just installed sports devil but the stream is pretty shyte. Anyone

• martoon

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Charlie I love your match reports but I have to take issue with some of your player’s assessments.
    Lascelles was immense yesterday – I don’t think anything got passed him all game and imo he was a contender for MotM
    Dummett had a solid game and it was his cross for the first goal.
    However most of your other ones I think you were spot on.
    Was it just me but I found myself a little bored between about 30th and 70th minutes – nothing much happened?

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Jail

Try seo-michael.co.uk

Great little website for kodi addons.

Oh and the cache being full wouldn’t stop streams from loading up. They’d just lag more than usual.

It sounds like your sports addons are defunct and need updating and there not loading because there’s nothing there to load I.e the scrapers are old.

The above site will help out.

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Type seo michael into Google and bobs your uncle.

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Reference streams download this standalone android apk –
    Download mobdro as well which is on that page
    Jobs a fish

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Obviously need to use your android browser

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:48 PM

martoon
    Yes I am a bit critical at times
    Lascalles – 7 marks one less than Clark reason defended well but I thought his distribution was not as good as Clark
    Dummett – 7 Defended very well but he wasted two great chances at the Gallowgate to cross – overhit them and needs one touch to many on the ball.

Bored – I was bored from about 10 minutes till they decided to play the ball on the deck at a higher tempo.
    Before that went backwards sideways then HOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!

Felt sorry for Goufran as Darlow and our defenders caught him out for the HOOOOOOFS – got battered in the air

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Uncertain toon

What’s that apk like? Can it be integrated into kodi?

If it’s any good I’ll try installing it on my box upstairs.

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I’m presuming it requires a vid player also? Mx?

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Doesn’t matter. I’ve got some time now, I’ll check it out. Thanks.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Martoon
    No not BORED – FRUSTRATED

• Mag52

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Jail.

I imagine our man must have opted to represent his mother Nina’s native country, born as she was in Split.

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Average,
    Aye, sorry, forgot to mention WSS requires MX player.
    It is a standalone apk for you’re system mate, as is Mobdro the other one available from that page. I use them both all the time of late, just venturing into kodi for films and tv shows in Exodus.
    My broadband connection is gash – 6Mbps approx(on a good day), and they both work well.
    Watched a toon game the other week on sportklub2 which is in WSS and it was flawless. I really should brush up on my Croatian though!

• dem

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Did anyone see AP talking about how to manage maverick players during the NFL coverage on BBC2?

• beermonkey

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:14 PM

dem

what did he say

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Average,
    Only downside with WSS is you generally get an advert when you open it or go into a channel, but you just bin the advert and it goes through to channel no problem.
    Only downside with Mobdro is it can freeze from time to time, but you just go back to menu and reload channel and it’s fine.
    I’d recommend having both on your system mate, even if just as other options mate. As I say though, they’re both my goto apps for sport streaming at the minute.

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Zemtv on Kodi has got some quality streams on it. Watching Man U game and the picture is v good

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Jeez, Manure getting torn a new one!
    He ain’t so special any more.

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:23 PM

More goals to come I think. Could see it being 4 or 5 nil

• dem

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM

They were talking about one of the New York players and asked him how he managed mavericks like him (Odell Beckham). Keep them happy and encourage them to do what they do, that’s why they’re mavericks.

He certainly talks a good game and loved being in front of the camera. Could really have followed his own advice with the odd few we had during his time.

• ShirebrookToon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:28 PM

What a finish by Kante

• Ron Knee

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:28 PM

It’s becoming a bit of a massacre.

• Uncertain Toon

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Shirebrook,
    Aye, I used to use Zemtv a lot, but it used to take me ages to find a stream. WSS has just died on me! Mobdro working fine though.
    Manure have been woeful!

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Uncertain

Been using mobdro for ages now mate and there’s a fair few adverts on their too as of late but thanks. This wss sounds very similar and another option is always a good thing so I’ll give it a whirl.

• Mag52

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM

The Chelsea players took great pleasure in stuffing Jose’s team today.
    That incident on the touch line at Stamford Bridge last season still rankles.

• Darnik

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Sportsmania on kodi is the best stream you will get, £26 for 6 months so a pound a week and it’s flawless even get ppv

• magicmac

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM

Looks like the so called special one still knows how to get the best out of Chelsea he he he, but we all know there is only one special one, the one and only Rafa. HWTL.

• Brin1959

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:40 PM

I use a build on my android box. It has all your movie/sports/tv streams in one place. Ask SEO-micheal how to install Ares Wizard onto Kodi and you will find lots of builds there. Just download and bobs your uncle.

• phoonck

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM

In case you are still looking for the highlights, follow this link:

• beermonkey

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM

on average how long before away matches will tickets go on general sale

• Average_Contents

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Brin

Ares is an excellent starting point for first time or intermediate users of kodi as most things are available at the touch of a (literally) button with no hassle and seo michael is a brilliant site to feed off. He’ll also try and help individually if he can.

Currently using Fire TV Guru I installed from it, until I attempt to do my own build that is (busy in work at the moment)

Just remember anyone using it to do a hard clean of kodi before you try and install a build and obviously use the latest version.

• Brin1959

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:27 PM

AC

Totally agree. I am not clever enough (to lazy!!) to do my own build. I have tried several from Ares Wizard and yes, it is better to download them after doing a hard clean. I am using one called Brian’s Kodi at the mo ent, it is excellent. Found a great stream for the Rotherham game. Just a shame they do not more of them.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM

I think looking for sport on that box is more hassle than it’s worth, I’ll go to the boozer or listen to the radio next time!

• beermonkey

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM

average

ehat are u using to watch sport at the mo

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 23, 2016 at 7:59 PM

beer,
    I went to the trouble of adding sports devil, tried loads of different channels then ended up watching link 6 of some network that was pretty shite

• beermonkey

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:04 PM

jail

sports devil is my last resort

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Beer,
    What shall I add then?

• beermonkey

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:23 PM

jail

pheonix was alright
    and zem

but ask on here people will normally say whats good
    not sure if bulldog is still going
    jib will know i think he was a fan a while back

like me most are not using it as much as we just dont seem to be on

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Beer,
    Phoenix and Zem won’t work it was saying no tokens left. If it’s not just as easy as switching it on I think it’s too much hassle