Newcastle Continue To Track International Defender For January

Newcastle will be bringing some good players into the club in January and the actual targets will depend on how well we are positioned in the league table by then.

If we are at the top and maybe some points ahead of the opposition then Rafa may decide to try to sign top players who will help us in the Premier League.

But it’s almost certain he will try to bring in some top young players and one player we have been been watching this season is 19 year-old Partizan Belgrade center-back Nikola Milenkovic.

nikola-milenkovic

Nikola Milenkovic – 6ft 5ins Partizan center-back

The lad stands 6ft 5ins tall in his stocking feet and would provide height and heading ability at the back for Newcastle and he would be given time to develop under manager Rafa Benitez.

Milenkovic made his debut for Partizan in the SuperLiga match against Mladost Lucani only last April and clubs like Ajax and Anderlecht have already shown an interest in the defender.

Nikola already has one cap for Serbia playing in the 3-0 loss to Qatar in a friendly on 29th September, when he was still only 18, so he is very highly regarded in Serbia.

He has played 29 times for Partizan so far with two goals and is now getting regular playing time in Serbia.

Newcastle already have a fairly solid defense with the likes of Ciaran Clark and Jamaal Lascelles, but Milenkovic would be one for the future and have time to develop.

Under the guidance of the world-class Rafa Benitez – Milenkovic could quite easily grow into a star player for Newcastle in the future.

What do you think?

• Spoof

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Budge

I could be wrong but was it yourself who got laughed at for predicting a 3-0 win against Ipswich, if it was I bet you had a good laugh when the ref blew the final whistle, and if it was your prediction I hope you had a bet on it.

• county down magpie

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:52 PM

• Budge123

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Aye Spoof it was me.
    We have a bet between us at the match so I picked up the kitty from a few weeks of no one getting it right.

One of the lads had 4-0 so was happy when ref blew for full time!

• Spoof

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Budge

Well done, it’s even sweeter though when someone ridicules you for your prediction, seeing as your on form, what about tonight’s scoreline as I might put a small wager on it, not that I’m trying to put pressure on you, but never bet against a man on form lol.

• Chancel be a fine thing

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:05 PM

Rafa Bingo

Sels
    Anita Hanley Lascelles Dummett
    Hayden Shelvey
    Atsu Perez Gouffran
    Mtirovic

In my pre season prediction, I had us going out in the 4th Round of the League Cup…. bloody hope I’m wrong

🙂

• outside the box

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:43 PM

confirmed rafa bingo
    sells
    mbemba hanley dummet
    yedlin anita hayden diame lazaar
    perez mitro …

• Budge123

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Spoof I think it was more luck than form!

Got no idea what the team is going to look like tonight but anything we put out (barring lots and lots of changes ) should be too strong for them.

I’ve gone for 2-0 as my online bet so I’ll stick with that.

• Spoof

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Budge

2-0 at 6/1 will do for me, if it comes in I’ll owe you a pint or two !!!!!

• Spoof

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM

I’m surprised at how so many are putting Lazaar into there team when he has already been ruled out injured ?

• outside the box

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:58 PM

wonder if tiote will be included for game tonight….or one of reserves callum roberts??

• MadisonToon

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM

It would be great to see Tiote get some game time and work his way back into the fold. In games like this where they’re likely to be gritty (lots of backups, less consistency from both teams) it would be good to have an enforcer in there.

Since his potential deals away from the club have fallen through, this is the type of game he needs to be involved in if we are going to be seeing him on the pitch at all before January. If he wants a move in January, he has to be playing or nobody will take him (or at least they won’t give him much money to come).