He’s In Awe Of The Fans – My Heart Is Full For This Club

It was really great to Aleksandar Mitrovic start in Tuesday night’s 6-0 win against Preston in the League Cup and late last night we drew Hull away in the quarter finals and so we must have a decent chance of reaching the semi-finals.

Mitro now has three goals this season,  two in the League Cup and one in the Championship,  but it looks like Dwight Gayle will get a start on Saturday at Deepdale, although Rafa usually bring Mitrovic on in the second half.

It’s a game we must win and not collapse like we did the last time we won 6-0 at QPR in mid-week.

aleksandar-mitrovic-preston-north-end-efl-cup-fourth-round

Aleksandar Mitrovic after scoring first goal against Preston

Aleksandar has made 8 appearances (3 starts) for his 3 goals this season.

The 22 year-old Serbian was interviewed after the game on nufcTV and he was surprisingly low key as he had this to say:

“It was good night for me,” “It was a long time since I started a game so I was happy to start and to get two goals. They were nice goals.”

“I could have had one or two more but it doesn’t matter. My job is to score and create goals, I am happy.”

“It’s not been easy for me as a striker because you have Dwight Gayle who is scoring every game. I say I love Dwight.”

“I like him a lot as a person and as a player. I will keep going and that’s all I keep saying.”

“I am working hard. If you are a good player you have to push yourself until you get your chance. I am doing that. I hope that when I get my next chance I will score and do well again.”

“The fans are the reason I came to this great club,” “It’s unbelievable, especially when you score here.”  “My heart is full for this club, I couldn’t be happier when I score goals for these fans and this club.”

“When you hear the whole stadium sing your name it really is unbelievable. I have heard them sing ‘Mitro’s on Fire’ and it really is unbelievable. I have not felt like this for a long time.”

“I had really good fans behind me at a really big club like Anderlecht and Partizan as well.” “But here you get 52,000, when you were a boy you dream about things like this.”

“I have scored goals for Partizan, Anderlecht and now here, all three clubs are amazing.”

“But when 52,000 people sing your name you have to be on the pitch to feel this.”

“It is unbelievable.”

Mitro was easily our Man of the Match in the Preston game and he got a good 65% of the vote.

The 22 year-old has terrific potential and we are hoping Rafa Benitez can  bring it all out and make Mitrovic into one of the Newcastle greats in the future.

Here’s a video of the crowd singing Mitro’s on Fire on Tuesday night.

• mindshaft

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:24 AM

It’s impossible not to love Mitro ,Gayle is still the starter in rafas formation though … Mitro clearly feels the fans love

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:32 AM

Sorry missed tonights blog been playing some board games with a group of mates, Wednesday is games night.

Ibiza from much earlier, no Problem with anyone using HWTR or HWTBRS I haven’t copyrighted it. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM

firebug
    Thanks fro the response on previous thread but it wasn’t me who said it. 🙂

I certainly agree however.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM

Poor old Mitro getting a great response from the fans and probably won’t start the next game, you have to feel for him.

The channel 5 guys were saying that we have the strongest team ever to play in the Championship, can’t argue with that.

• expatmag

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Iy is easy to get sucked into all the media hype surrounding the club at present and if we continue our dominance in the championship and beat Hull in the cup, it will only get worse.

Rada and his staff will need to be continually on the players backs regarding over confidence because every team we play will be treating ys as their cup final and therefore a pitential banana skin.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM

expat

I think that that has been the scenario since the start of the season, can’t see Rafa not stressing the need for becoming complacent or overconfident.

The media hype is irrelevant, if we continue to steam roller the rest of the league (quote from Ch 5 highlight show)

Glad to see other people still awake. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:04 AM

Did put a ‘not’ in there but for some reason took it out again. Probably need to go to bed.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:14 AM

Based on size, support, infrastructure and financial clout, we should never be outside of the top flight. We have the added advantage now of having a well managed, deep, balanced and high functioning group of players relative to the division. Norwich are the only other team in the league at this stage that have anything like enough to keep pace with us should we continue as we are, and as we should, and they have nowhere near as much going for them. We really should carry all before us, and it would come as a surprise if we don’t.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:19 AM

Jimmy

They more or less said the same and to add a cherry to the cake picked us to be in the Semi’s.

I would say we are head and shoulders above Hull in every aspect what you’ve just said.

The shock is going to be if they beat us. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Bed time, good night to anyone still around.

• NUFCPaul

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:26 AM

We’ve come a long way since the start of the season, haven’t we? Makes you wonder where all the doom-mongers have gone. Probably biding their time for the next blip…

• Jib

Gouffran
    Diame
    Gayle

Nailed on !

• Jib

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:33 AM

I’m rapidly changing my opinion of the True Geordie.

I had him as nothing more than a foul-mouthed whiner – then I heard his joint commentary with Mark Bright on the Wembley cup – excellent.

In one of his rants he came up with an amazing fact – NUFC have actually won in the PL more recently than the mackems and WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP – ha ha ha.
    and it’s November next week ha ha ha

• Jib

Oct 27, 2016 at 6:54 AM

Anyone think the Tigers are going to fight tooth and nail in the cup ?

18 Hull City -14 7pts
    19 Swansea City -7 5pts
    20 Sunderland -10 2pts

( I kept Sunlun in there cos it looks so nice )
    (Sorry Welshie )

• Mag52

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:35 AM

A successful manager needs, in addition to his own ability, to have Lady Luck on his side.
    Hull in the quarters, following the favourable earlier round draws, would suggest that Rafa has that important ingredient.

• Jib

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Napoléon Bonaparte > Quote

“I know he’s a good general, but is he lucky?”

• sparky55

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Jimmy

Just goes to show you have to have people in key positions off the pitch that know what they’re doing. The main reasons why we got relegated were the decisions inexperienced people were making off the pitch appointing poor managers and adopting poor transfer policies all of which were based on making profit.

Profits will always come because of Sky revenues and the massive Geordie support if you have a good manager and a half decent squad playing half decent football.

Fat lad was too hell bent on delivering profit through buying players cheap and selling high…when really if you pay decent money then sky revenues were always going to help you make a profit when you sell on anyway.

Lessons have been learnt, the gaffer is in the driving seat and the club is being ran properly now…that’s why we’re doing well and that’s how to keep us in the premiership for decades to come.

• martoon

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:01 AM

I think the Hull game will be interesting just to see the difference between a top Championship team and a bottom 3 Premiership team – in our case I don’t think there will be much!

• sparky55

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:03 AM

We’ll do Hull…it doesn’t matter when we play them and who we’re playing after them, our squad is so big it’ll be fresh…their squad is about 16 big and they have a manager out of his depth.

Semi finals here we come

• Jib

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:28 AM

Don’t be too cocky – Hull beat Bristol City away to get in the quarters.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:34 AM

Jib

I’ve always been a fan of the True Geordie, he talks rubbish sometimes but he is a funny guy, he speaks his mind which is good enough for me, check his podcasts on you tube with his mate spencer, those two are bonkers.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Jib

Also I’ve got a bone to pick with you, putting swans in the bottom three, how dare you.

You probably right though.

Ha ha ha

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM

So I’m accused of being a turncoat now? For turning my coat on what exactly, the mikeashleyout.com group. There isn’t one any more, I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but no one is talking about Mike Ashley any more either. The whole purpose of wanting him gone was his complete lack of ambition and idiotic running of the club. He isn’t going anywhere but has now put a manager in place who at least wants success, it doesn’t matter if we don’t win anything at least he’s here to try. There is a feel good factor in the city and I’m very happy to be part of it.

• welshgeordie9

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Jail

It might be a good idea if you changed your name, just a thought like.