It’s A Privilege At Newcastle – Benitez A Great Man – Fantastic Coach

Christian Atsu says it’s an honor to play for Newcastle United and Rafa Benitez – and it’s fairly obvious that the Ghanaian International really wants to say on at Newcastle after his season long loan spell ends, but of course it’s not for him to decide that.

But Christian looks an excellent player for us and he has said today that he has already improved as a player in the short time our world-class manager has been coaching him on Tyneside.

That’s good.

christian-atsu-queensparkrangersvnewcastle8dizqbwuqdsl

Christian Atsu – in action at QPR

This is some of what Christian has said today:

“I have moved on loan to a lot of clubs.”  “I have to put that behind me and really focus on what I have to do today and tomorrow.”

“Being at Newcastle is a great honor.” “I’m really privileged to play for Newcastle, and to work under Rafa Benitez is really good.”

“I’m really privileged to play for Newcastle, and  I’m more focused on game by game, and at the end of the season we will see what will happen.”

“I just want to help Newcastle.” “I just need a good season.”

“Rafa’s a great man, very friendly,” “I’m very happy to work with him.”  “He’s a fantastic coach.” “I’ve learnt a lot from my team-mates and also from Rafa.”

“He has been giving me chances, and I’m working hard to help the team.” “Working with him for a long time I will become a better player.”

Atsu was really unlucky not to score on Tuesday night and he hit the bar twice during that game.

We’ll have to wait to see if he gets the nod over Yoan Gouffran for our important league game at Deepdale tomorrow afternoon.

Newcastle will be backed at that game by around 5,600 faithful and dedicated supporters who are making the long trip to Lancashire and they are certainly doing their bit in our drive for promotion this season.

Newcastle seem to be the best supported team in England this season – and to think we’re in the second division.

But hopefully not for long.

Howay The Lads!!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:09 AM

Gave up my ticket tomorrow. Pesky kids 🙁

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Darlow/Sels/Elliot
    Anita/ Yedlin/Gamez

Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Hayden Shelvey
    Ritchie Diame Gouffy
    Gayle

This isn’t a Bingo entry ‘

Just a few of observations’

Other than the right back and goalie the blog seems to have reached a consensus on the best team.

Some folk seem to have the wrong idea about rotation – it is not change for the sake of it.

Rafa I’m sure knows his best eleven – rotatation is merely a device to keep that best eleven fresh – when you have a difficult game like PNE away , the best eleven will always appear.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Exactly that’s why I’ve picked our best 11 for this one. Rafa’ll come round

Sels
    Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Lazaar
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Perez Atsu
    Mitrovic

• clinath@ed

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Jail, someone was offering £150 for a ticket tomorrow. Can’t remember where though!! Might have been FB

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:23 AM

Christian Atsu really is a devout Christian.

He’s telling local kids the great work footy does for children in Africa and also having a kick aboot .

Well done NU foundation in Gosforth

• TyneMouth

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:27 AM

A little light reading from Sky… Sunderland on brink of making worst ever start to a Premier League season
    By Peter Smith
    Last Updated: 28/10/16 6:26am

David Moyes is still searching for his first Premier League win as Sunderland boss
    A three-goal defeat to Arsenal on Saturday would condemn Sunderland to the worst-ever start to a Premier League season after 10 games.

The struggling Black Cats are bottom of the table with just two points from their first nine games, with a goal difference of -10.

S’land vs Arsenal
    October 29, 2016, 11:30am

They come up against an Arsenal side tied on points with league leaders Manchester City live on Sky Sports on Saturday – and a heavy loss at the Stadium of Light would hand David Moyes’ men an unwanted record.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Jib,
    If that was a bingo entry you’d get a life time ban!!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Tyne Mouth
    Two of the three worst ever PL teams are the mackems, they could well make it all three this time round.

• Rotonda heights

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM

jimmy jimmy

i know the clamour for mitro but how can anyone leave out gayle.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM

clinath@ed,
    It’s very much frowned upon in my circle of friends profiteering on tickets.

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM

I just noticed Mr Tuff’s pop at my Diamé stats.

I should of course said he was an ever present for the Tigers when available.

Unfortunately it’s a hell of a commute from Senegals national footy team camp to Kingston upon ‘ull.

(muse to self – could the thick bugger not have worked that one for hissel)

• Rotonda heights

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM

2 matches in moyes said sunlun were facing a relegation battle. shockingly negative comments to make publically, even if it’s what you inwardly think. moyes’ star has well and truly waned.

• clinath@ed

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Rightly so Jail…but you don’t have to keep the money mate, there’s always charity..

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Jib,
    That’s not really right about his best eleven because it depends on the situation, we still don’t know whether Perez will get the nod over Diame or Colback and Hayden, so I don’t think he has got a best eleven. A best seven maybe.