Being In Championship A Lot Different Than The Premier League

We are all finding out just how hectic things can be in the Championship.

When we have played – between the two week International breaks – we have played two games a week and it’s a big challenge for all teams in the Championship.

Newcastle have now played 17 games this season in total and our season started on August 5th so that’s 17 games in 84 days and we have had four weeks off with two International breaks.

That means those 17 games have been crammed into just 56 days.

ayoze-perez-scores

Ayoze Perez after scoring on Tuesday night

It’s really strange at the beginning of the season how we go full pelt with the club games and then everything comes to a grinding halt for two weeks during the International breaks.

It’s really weird, but the countries have to play their games.

That’s true isn’t it?

🙂

Ayoze Perez has talked today about how different (and harder) it is in the Championship compared to the Premier League and the PL clubs have played only 9 league games so far compared to our 14 league games.

Here’s some of what Ayoze has said today:

“We need to have the right mentality whatever team we play with, three points is hard to earn against every team at this level, we have to be focused on every game.”

“We are doing fine but we need to keep going.” “It is a lot different to the teams we play in the Premier League.”

“You have to get the mentality right and work hard for the goals and the results to get the points to get back to the Premier League.”

It will definitely be a tough game tomorrow afternoon at Deepdale against Preston North End and we are just hoping we don’t have the let down we had the last time we won 6-0.

That was that fantastic win at QPR and then four days later at St. James’ Park we were surprisingly beaten 2-0 by Wolves and we did  not play well.

We cannot afford another slip up like that tomorrow.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Preston?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:45 AM

I’ve got a mate coming round to help me with my android box. He uses sports devil but I told him people use that as a last resort on here. What sports channels should we add.

• Ron Knee

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Has Bobby Moncur got an official function at the club now?

• Adywakey

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Jail – I use Castaway or Bulldog. If you can’t find it between those two then it isn’t showing…..

• Spoof

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Jail

Sports devil on an android box is fine, you automatically get cricfree which is great for sky streaming and with vipbox and first row sports amongst others, you basically have all you need for all sports.

Internet signal strength is key, mine is very strong so the kodi box is fantastic, weak signal, tell him not to bother.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Aidy,
    I’ve got something called sports hub but when I open it it just says Mcktv needs updating

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Spoof.
    I’ve got high speed virgin. Signal is fine.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Also when I open UK turk sports there is a notification of play list error

• Spoof

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Then sports devil is all that you need, football, cricket, tennis, golf, whatever the sport with a good internet speed it will run smoothly and with exodus you have all the tv series and films that there is, but for sport sports devil is not bad, not bad at all.

• Spoof

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Jail

Seriously mate, I used sports devil on my kodi and used first row sports for the Preston game and it ran through as smooth as a babies backside.

It always does.

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM

I have a mag250 and have gone the iptv route.
    However when I androided (?) Zem tv always worked for me.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Mitrovic or Gayle, Rotunda. Doesn’t matter which, as both are excellent at this level. But Mitro is wonderfully entertaining, and Newcastle doesn’t seem the same to me without widemen swinging them in, and a big man up top to get on the end of them, ala Shearer, Ferdinand, Carroll and Mitro. More fun.

• Munster Mag

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Munster bingo entry:

Darlow
    Anita Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Diame Gouffran
    Gayle

If he plays Mitro, expect Yedlin and possibly Atsu to feature but he will stick to a fairly conservative approach with that team.

Ish 🙂

• martoon

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM

On the subject of kodi – I have been toying with the idea of putting it on my Sony TV which runs Android. However I’m a bit concerned you don’t have the virus & Ad blocker protection that you have on a Laptop/PC etc. These streaming sites tend to be full of ‘nasties’ – has any ever tried loading kodi on to aTV?

• reilly

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM

jfa.you should get sportmania its a paid addon but its the bollix,sky/bt in hd and every prem game.
    pay 4 quid for a day trial see if you like it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:11 AM

Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 28, 2016 at 12:07 AM

Didn’t think the train would depart that quickly!! ?

Although there has been several stops since I first posted this lot. 🙂

Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 28, 2016 at 12:02 AM

OK here’s my audition article.

Once upon a time there was an evil ogre who had lots of money who came upon a shepherd who had lost his way.

Oh woe cried the shepherd, my flock no longer follow me, if only some one would give me a load of money to buy my fertile pastures.

The ogre thought what a wonderful idea and gave the shepherd loads of money and was a little confused as he ran off into the night cackling manically.

Now he thought the best way to manage my sheep is to buy a young virile buck let it spread a bit of it’s seed and then sell it for a massive profit.

Using a succession of new sheepherders this plan had limited success as non of them really knew what they were doing.

This made the Ogre very angry and the sheep very upset, as his great plans slowly fell apart, and his flock began to look second rate.

In desperation the Ogre sought out a famous shepherd to try and save his flock and after a disheartening set back he began to succeed.

The ogre was so happy with this he allowed the great Shephard freedom to practice his own special magical powers and the flock became the best in the land and everyone lived happily ever after.

The end.

Or is it?

29Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM

I’ll probably need to repost that as everyone has gone to bed.

4Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 28, 2016 at 12:40 AM

And on that note I wish anyone still awake good night and as it is now Friday in the UK, here’s to a good win for us tomorrow.

5Essex Geordie Bill // Oct 28, 2016 at 12:49 AM

Which incidentally is my 49th wedding anniversary.

Where has the time gone?

Thanks to all those for their good wishes from me and my long suffering missus, much appreciated.

Bet that Ed departs the station as soon as I hit the submit button. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM

I noticed that the time of posting of this article by Ed is today 9.40 am.

I would guess it’s around 1am in LA. So either he’s a night owl or these items are prepared and auto sent.

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:20 AM

They are set up automatically the night before Bill.
    Ed is nowhere near LA – he’s in North Carolina 5 hours behind us .

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Raleigh North Carolina to Los Angeles is roughly equivalent to Newcastle upon Tyne to Ulyanovsk on the Volga way past lil ole Moscow town.

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM

Betty
    That picture is a bit concerning !
    If you look closely those chaps have two trouser flies !

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Ha ha ha
    In England when “rain stops play” they cover the wicket.
    In Bangladesh they cover the entire pitch when “monsoon stops play”

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Jib

Thought for reason he was on the west coast, probably because of his prior connections to IBM weren’t they California based or have I got that wrong as well.

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:48 AM

IBM hq
    Armonk, North Castle, New York, United States

• bettyswallocks

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM

Jib…….. Yes. Two separate pricks. Lol.

• WWSBRD

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Rafa bingo
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Hayden Shelvey
    Ritchie Diame Goofy
    Number 9

And as is fast becoming my catchphrase a comfortable 2/3 nil win

• Ron Knee

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Great news for Albion supporters:-

“Tony Pulis: West Brom manager extends Baggies contract”

• Jib

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM

We have Chris Kavanagh as ref at Deepdale
    The ref that sent off David Moyes !!!

• AMEOBI

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Essex Geordie bill,

Congratulations on the wedding anniversary, don’t think I’ll even see 48 year old never mind being married for 48 haha. Hope everything is strong and good. Nice one