Newcastle Is My Home – I Fell In Love With The Club When I Was A Boy

Aleksandar Mitrovic is nothing if not a huge personality and Newcastle fans already love their center-forward because of his passion on the pitch but also because of his unbridled passion for Newcastle United.

Newcastle is a club he has supported since he was  a little boy ever since seeing the team play against Partizan Belgrade on TV and yes, Alan Shearer is his favorite player – his idol.

So it was small surprise when Aleksandar signed for Newcastle United in the summer of last year and he was just delighted to join the club of his dreams.

aleksandar mitrovic -newcastle-norwich_3365622

Aleksandar Mitrovic at his dream club – Newcastle United

Aleksandar has given a great interview in the Telegraph today and he has talked about Newcastle and how happy he is at the club and that he wants his son Luka to grow up as a Geordie.

This is some of what the still young 22 year-old has said:

“I’ve been happy from the start at Newcastle,” “It has been my favorite club ever since I was small boy in Serbia. I have followed Newcastle my whole life. I had two Newcastle shirts when I was little.”

“It was unusual, most people choose a team like Manchester United or Barcelona, but for me, it has always been Newcastle.”

“They played against Partizan Belgrade in the Champions League when I was small.” “I don’t know, there was something here I really liked.”

“It was the passion, the relationship between the fans and the players.” “You could feel it on the TV, you could see it was something different. Even when big clubs came here, they were afraid of this crowd.”

“I was a Partizan fan and they play in the same colors, black and white stripes.” “I fell in love with them then. I loved the passion. Of course, I’m happy to be here”

” It feels like I have come home. This is my home. Newcastle are my club, my team. They are like Partizan to me.”

“It is really amazing to be here in England and have so much love. It makes me feel so grateful, it is amazing. I hope I will be here for the next 10 or 15 years.”

“I will spend my entire career here, no problem. As long as they want me, I will be here. I’m happy, my family is happy, my son, Luka, is happy growing up here.”

“He will grow up a Geordie.”

As we said it’s a great interview with Luke Edwards and there should be no doubt whatever as to the feelings the Serbian striker has for the great Newcastle United Football Club.

Now the only question now is whether he can get a hart-trick for us at Preston tomorrow?

🙂

• Spotlight Kid

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:43 PM

There must be someone at SJP handy with a needle & thread – or even velcro as a last gasp solution. All you need to do is sew together Mitro’s shorts and shirt so when he tries to rip off his shirt he gives himself a wedgie. He’d soon get the message….

• Munster Mag

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:28 AM

You gotta love him 🙂

• chicousa

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:17 AM

Agreed. Gotta love the big Serb! And if he plays with as much passion and energy in this next game against Preston NE as he did last Tuesday then a hat-trick is very possible!!! Mitro’s on fire!!!

• Shadow_Shearer

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:17 AM

Unbelievable. Back in 2003 when we played partizan, who ever thought this game was going to the making of a crazy passionate serbian newcastle supporter, aged nine.

Twelve years on get the call from the toon army, saying we haven’t won a trophy in over half a century, we need your help.

• one fine day

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:31 AM

A refreshing change from the stepping stone ,beautiful clubs want me from the last few seasons .
    He is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed but something very likeable about mitro .Reminds me a lot of Gazza early on with his daft grin and “daft as a brush (sbr)” antics .
    Hope he grabs his big chance tonight .
    In maroons comp I have him as top scorer and have us down to win the EFL cup …so far so good

• firebug666

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:15 AM

I wish the rest of the squad had the same passion for Newcastle that Mitro has. Under Rafa he is going to become immense imo, he has some skill, he has power, so all he needs to do is curb his fiery temper and get on with the job in hand. As Rafa says he is getting better.

This season could be the making of him, a taste of football in the championship is like a long pre season that is getting us ready for life in the premiership, so let’s hope by then Mitro is sorted out, scoring lots of goal and still carrying that passion.

Mitro’s on fire, I hope he sets the league alight.

HWTL 0-4 today.

• Mag52

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:24 AM

A hart trick Ed. Or even a big heart trick.
    I don’t think he’ll start today.
    My team is:
    Darlow
    Anita Lascelles Clark Dummet
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Diame Gouffran
    Gayle.

• firebug666

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:31 AM

Mag52

I don’t think he will risk Gayle mate, he said Gayle felt his hamstring in training as is a big doubt for today.

• Budge123

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Is it only the first correct Bingo entry that gets the points or all correct?

Bit pointless doing it this late as I’m sure someone will have it correct by now . lol.

Confirmed Rafa Bingo Bango

Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Diame Gouffran
    Mitro

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:39 AM

I’m surprised he never had Sissoko by the throat!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Budge,
    Only one entry per person, three hours before kick off, after Ed has posted his. I do check if winners have posted multiple line ups. Yours is a popular choice could be a few points handed out if it comes in.

• Alfa Toon

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:07 AM

Where is toonbrother?

• Tartantoon

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Rafa Bingo selection

Darlow
    Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett
    Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Gouffran
    Perez
    Mitrovic

I never really thought after last season that I would happily put Gouffran in my team. What a difference a quality manager makes in getting the best out of players as individuals and as ateam 🙂