Meet The Peacemaker In Chief At Newcastle

With Mitrovic’ fight for a first team place this season, the young Serbian is certainly going out of his way to ensure the team comes first and show that he is determined to be a good team player at Newcastle.

Mitro has given lots of interviews since last Tuesday when he made his dramatic return to the first team starting line-up to score two goals against Preston in the 6-0 win in the EFL Cup.

He repeated that feat on Saturday in our tough 2-1 win in the Championship – an excellent 3 points for us.

dwight-gayle-celebrates-aleksandar-mitrovic-_scoring_the_fourth_goal_for_newcastle_un_333007

Aleksandar Mitrovic with a player he really likes – Dwight Gaye
Honest!

🙂

This is what Mitro has said and he seems to really like top striker Dwight Gayle:

“All I can do is work hard and take my chances when I get them. The most important thing is to score goals and help the team and to stay on top of the league.”

“I just train hard, work hard and try and score more goals. It’s not up to me to say whether I will play or not. Rafa will choose if I play or not. If I’m on the bench, I will fight for my place.”

“Dwight is an amazing guy, he’s really positive and always looks forward. We are different types of players. I think I will learn a lot from him.”

“He’s a good player, a good striker and a good person and I’m happy to share a position and a dressing room with him.”

“It’s always nice when they sing your name. It feels amazing. I hope I repay them on the pitch.”

“We want to win every game so it’s a good three points. It was an important game and we now have a few days more to prepare for our next game.

“We know what we want from this season – we want to stay at the top but the season is long and we have to carry on.

“We have to keep going and work harder in training and stay top of the league – that’s where we want to be at the end of the season.”

It’s no surprise that Mitrovic is huge fan favorite at Newcastle.

The lad gives 100% all the time and he just has a tremendous passion for Newcastle United , which has been his dream club since he was a small boy growing up in Belgrade.

Four years ago when he was 18, Mitrovic was named among the top 10 talents under the age of 19 in Europe by a selection of UEFA reporters.

This season could well become a landmark season for the 22 year-old Serbian under the guidance of Rafa Benitez.

We certainly hope it is.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:49 AM

Well I think Mitro is going to be one of the worlds leading strikers, he didn’t do too bad last season in a debut season considering how woeful we were, if he’d been introduced gradually under a decent set up people would have been raving about his first season in the PL. It was totally unfair to expect a 20 year old kid with mental issues to lead the line in a new league.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Good words but tbf he always has good words

I really hope he comes through well and proves his doubters wrong (me included) but hes got an uphill battle

• Novocastrian66

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM

On the previous article; what is the point of half the sides in the Premier League? Their only aim is to avoid relegation. The article is a bit harsh on Sunderland as the sum total of their ambition is the same as 50% of the division. Survival.

• martoon

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Jib from last topic. I’m not one to stick up for Sunderland but I think in the Adam Johnson affair he told the club he was completely innocent and they took the attitude of innocent until proven guilty. When he pleaded guilty I think it came as big a shock to Sunderland as everybody else and then they immediately disassociated themselves from him.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Novo,
    The point is to try and win a cup or build on a top five finish.

• clinath@ed

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM

The point is to do the best you can, where you end up depends on how successful you’ve been at it.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Novo
    That ‘article’ could of been written about us more than once in the past few years

• Lindisfarne

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Mitro could do a job in Syria.

• Lindisfarne

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Where as, Moyes has not got a clue anymore. Since leaving Everton he has suffered from believing in his own hype, the job down the road looked simple, but its going to trip him up massively.

• Jib

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Martoon
    Sorry – I don’t think Margaret Byrne was the only one he “confessed” to – players confide in their coaches/managers much more than their CEO’s.

I remain convinced Allardyce and others knew.

Byrne was forced to fall on her sword but I’m sure was amply remunerated for it.

Slimy club – staffed and run by scumbags.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:55 AM

I don’t know what Fergie was thinking by recommending him he’d achieved nothing at Everton bar keeping them stable.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM

There is such a lack of decent British managers that not getting relegated is seen as some kind of success.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Jib
    Careful talking about clubs being run by scumbags, people in glass houses and all that

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM

WW…,
    What do you mean Dirk Llambias was a tireless charity worker!

• cyprus

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:02 AM

On Sunderland. Think will be as you were for relegation. Ie. With swans and Hull. On Moyes… Wow did he expect that the sxxt would hit the fan like that after he did do well at Everton. On his last job maybe.

Mitro will get better and better.

• cyprus

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Ww
    You’ll probably change your mind on Mitro by the end of this season 🙂

• Jib

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:04 AM

WWSBRD
    I had already anticipated your response (you sure you ain’t a mackem ?)

I came to the conclusion that maybe the shit Sunlun are going through and , that which we went through , may be some kind of rite of passage all top class clubs have to go through.

Liverpool with Gillett
    Villa with Lerner
    Everton with Kenwright
    Us with Ashley
    etc. etc.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Jail
    Him and Mike hand in hand changing the world for the better how could I forget

• cyprus

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:07 AM

That mourinho guy is in a slump as well. Nine wins out of twenty nine, with top teams.

That’s why it’s dangerous to be arrogant. Tough to eat humble pie. Maybe it will help him. Still, he’s already done enough to be (have been?) Special.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM

cyprus
    Haha u reckon? Tbf I think hes a good back up option already 😉

• cyprus

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:08 AM

🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:09 AM

cyprus,
    Mourhino’s star definitely seems to be waining.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Jib
    ‘I had already anticipated your response ‘ haha fair play that actually made me laugh, are we locked in some sort of old style duel? Maybe a chess match I am unaware of? Oh and I am a mackem well done on finally rumbling me

As for the rest of ur post am I to take it that uve now jumped to thinking Sunderland will be a top class club rather than a slimy club?

• cyprus

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM

J
    Not sure what he needs to do with that team.

Prediction: bust up with the big guy.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:14 AM

cyprus
    Haha u might be right mate I might be well on the Mitro metro line by the end of the season, am open to changing my opinion on players

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:17 AM

With failure all around the PL, with so called top young managers struggling, doesn’t it cheer you up knowing we have the best of the lot, proven over a long period? “Don’tcha wish your manager was hot like ours? Don’tcha? Don’tcha…? 🙂 Form is temporary, class is forever – and he’s got class.

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:23 AM

They’re going to do a wee feature on us on SSN just now-ish, called ‘can anyone catch Newcastle’. Might be worth a watch if you can switch over now

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I seen a table that shows us after fifteen games compared to Hoots 2009, can anyone be arsed to find readings after fifteen games when they got the record.

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Ha! Very short and sweet. Basically they think we’ll go up. 🙂

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:32 AM

Remember the clamour for Frnk De Boer on here by certain posters? Just because of his time at Ajax, a club which pretty much every manager that is ever in charge of them is at least moderately successful.

Well he’s just been sacked by Inter after less than 6months.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:32 AM

Bobby
    Worth watching?

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Jail, different league, better players and clubs, so comparisons mean little mate. If we keep doing what we are we’ll possibly break that record – which would be nice – but as long as we go up I’ll take it all day. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:34 AM

WWSBRD, not really mate – blink and you’ll miss it! 🙂

• Oldgit1

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM

@ Kebabacus = I read the article earlier and it’s a good insight to the history of Rafa. If you read the comments section mostly by Liverpool fans it shows how they loved the man and are hoping he achieves success with us. There were munu supporters wishing he had managed them. I am dead chuffed he is our manager.
    I love the guy as I did with Sir Bob and KK. To have those mangers in my lifetime is something that other teams only dream about.
    Will never forgive Ashley for the Pardew and mcLaren and see them as wasted years but you have to have bad years to appreciate the good years and although it’s early doors.the future is looking bright.

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Hail
    U know which other manager Inter sacked after 6 months?

• WWSBRD

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Bobby
    Ah right I’ll not bother trying to find it then mate, tbf everyone has said since we were relegated that we’d br promoted and handsomely by the end of the season

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Another big chance to widen the gap I think this weekend.

Norwich on a downward curve (4th) vs Leeds in decent form (9th)

Huddersfield recently faltering (3rd) vs Birmingham (7th)

Bristol City (6th) vs Brighton (2nd)

Brighton kick-off at 5.30pm on Sky too, so hopefully we can bag our win, then sit back and see how they fare.

• Shadow_Shearer

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:43 AM

A clear difference between rafa & pardew.
    Pardew risks cisse against doctors orders. Rafa does not risk gayle with a slight hamstring injury.

Then we used to ask why our injury list was always the longest.

• Bobbybee

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM

Oldgit1, my feelings entirely. I’ve kept going all my life and you really enjoy the highs if you’ve suffered the lows. That’s why a trophy up here will be appreciated more by us than manure fans who take it for granted. I can’t wait to sing ‘we’ve never won f*** all’ whilst holding a trophy aloft. 🙂 Under Rafa that has become a genuine possibility and the sooner the better