Rafa Has A Powerful Vision For Newcastle United’s Future

Rafa Benitez was at last night’s Newcastle United Foundation Annual Awards Dinner along with a number of senior players including captain Jamaal Lascelles, Karl Darlow and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Some of our former players – Steve Harper, Bob Moncur, John Beresford and Shola Ameobi were also present

The evening at St James’ Park gave the manager an opportunity to talk about what a great job the Newcastle United Foundation is doing under the impressive leadership Kate Bradley and how everybody associated with Newcastle United must work with the community.

rafa-benitez-foundation-awards-dinner-654

Rafa Benitez at Newcastle Foundation Awards dinner

Rafa wants the club to be the centerpiece of the City of Newcastle and the surrounding areas and have the club interface fully with the local community and local businesses.

It’s a very powerful vision he has for Newcastle United – which he was successful in making work at Liverpool FC.

This is what Rafa Benitez told the Chronicle at the Awards Dinner last night:

“If we work together we can achieve a lot. Not just the club, the whole city, it is massive and we have them right behind the club.”

“The Foundation is a key part of the connection.” “We have to support the great job that the Foundation is doing at the moment.”

“To see so many people involved and trying to help and see the reaction of people we don’t know is positive.” “I think the city, the club and the Foundation are all together.”

“If we all stick together we will be a stronger club.”

“My experience at Liverpool was that the fans, the players and everybody at the club staying together is very important.”

“Here it is the same, you can see that it is growing and everybody is enjoying things. It is very positive for the future.”

“Everybody enjoys these type of events. People have been doing a great job and perhaps nobody knew, so to come and meet them and recognize they are doing a great job is brilliant.”

We’ll put an article out later on the awards but from all accounts it seems to have been a terrific event last night at St. James’ Park.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Viva Rafa!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Chancel

I was only thinking of posting after a very busy day in the garden when the bus left the previous stop.

Rafa (all praise him) is a great PR man as well as a coach.
    I’d bet he could walk across the Tyne nee bother.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I agree Jail. Although we’re not supposed to just agree apparently and there are conditions attached to disagreeing so it’s become rather confusing. Definitely no sheep jokes though.

• dem

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Chancel

Thanks for the link. Do you think he wrote his article based on my question? The timing says so.

Newcastle are a huge draw and I would presume that they will finish the season being the highest attendances for between 15-18 of the away games.

Tremendous support.

• martoon

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Betty that post you did a few blogs ago was spot on. I agree the reason the Blog comments are less busy now is because we are doing well not because posters have been chased off the blog.
    I must say though I see nothing wrong with supporting a second team and I actually quite enjoy Welsh’s posts even his jokes!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:15 PM

martoon,
    Which of welsh’s six posts do you like? The one where he asks what the frig are we moaning about now or the one that says lets bring Pardew back, it could be the Charlie Austen one, really not sure!

• bettyswallocks

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Martoon……. I also have no objection to people supporting a second team and have no problem with Welshie. I like his banter and I’m sure he doesn’t mind taking a bit of stick, he has previously said so.

I don’t know what the rules are now regarding jokes though. I think our Queen Bee has gone on strike. She wants more honey and shorter working flowers. She’s frantically mustering her remaining drones so they can have a good sting along.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:24 PM

Yoo Ed changed the layout for mobile! Pretty sweet.

• NUFoundation

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Thanks so much from Newcastle United Foundation for your coverage of our
    Annual Awards Dinner. It means a lot to have your support.”