15 Photos Of Newcastle Players In Training On Friday

Here are some pictures taken today at the Benton training center as the lads prepare for the next test – a home game against Cardiff City.

rafa-benitez-training

grant-hanley

rolando-aarons

ciaran-clark

cheick-tiote

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM

7Bobbybee // Nov 4, 2016 at 7:36 PM

I’m one of those obsessive types who watches every game possible on TV. Last couple of seasons I watched Judge play a number of times and he really is too good for Brentford – no disrespect to them – which is why I wasn’t surprised Rafa was interested in him. He can pick a pass similar to Shelvey and shouldn’t be judged – no pun intended – by who he plays for. How he comes back from his long layoff remains to be seen, but he looked to have bags of natural ability.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:48 PM

With regards to the Hibbitt discussion from earlier. He misunderstood one of my posts and then called me an idiot. I wasn’t offended nor did I take it personally . I replied in the spirit of blog banter and gave him some stick. If he took it personally and is genuinely offended and aggrieved then I offer my sincere apologies as I wouldn’t want him to leave the blog as a result of such trivia.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:51 PM

just think gayle offers much more movement than mitro and we seem to play more football when gayle pulls people out of position.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Well said Betty, very mature of you to apologise. I was surprised he took such offence but hopefully he’ll accept that and come back on.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Sweaty Betty
    You often hurt people’s feelings without a moments thought.
    I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve cried myself to sleep because of some ill – mannered barb you have wounded me with.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Jib, you have my sympathies. I often find a good chat to Samaritans helps when I’ve been cut up on here too. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Bobby,
    I am not an obsessive follower and have an inerest only in the toon, I wouldn’t dream of watching WBA vs Stoke on a Monday night, I did once on a Saturday evening and it was shit. However, despite how Judge played for Brentford how come a WBA or Stoke have never been interested in him, he’s an Irishinternational so not exactly off the radar.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Fulham well on top but Brentford have good organisation in defence.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Bobby,
    The reason I liked Anita so much was because, not because I’d seen him play but because some raving lunatic on Total Sport had watched him about a dozen times on ESPN on was going mental about him saying how good he was, I thought this guy seriously likes him. It wasn’t you was it.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Jail, other clubs have shown interest but Brentford simply refused to let him go. They took Burnley to the FA for trying to tap him up! That’s why he refused a new contract, because he wanted to move up and Burnley offered him a chance of PL football. Being obsessive has its upsides! 🙂

• toontaff2

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Rafa’s Bingo for the sheep shagger’s second team, haha!

Oh Darlow (always believe in…….)
    Yedlin Lascalles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Colback
    Atsu (bless you) Gayle Gouffy
    Mitro’s on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Not me, unlike some I judge on what I see, not what I hear.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Bobby
    It’s nice to see a proper London derby that doesn’t involve the usual tossers.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Jib, doesn’t it just 🙂 Lovely break from Fulham but bad finishing.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:24 PM

0-1 Fulham and we’ll deserved. Been the much better team and played some nice touch football.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Bobby,
    I”d never heard anything like it, he had Ando and Razor in raptures he was absolutely raving about him, calling him a terrier, could ping a pass like a master, the complete all round midfielder. Maybe he would have been under a better coach, unfortunately Cabaye or Tiote never got sold and he became surplus, I don’t think Pardew ever wanted him and he became a victim of a daft power struggle.

• Bambams

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Looking forward to watching the match tomorrow over here in Lanzarote. Irish bar on the sea front has stated he will put it on.

Never liked watching Warnocks teams, hope we do well and put a few past them.

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:38 PM

I had heard he was good myself, and but didn’t know much before he came here. Then again, look at some of the players we’ve bought who looked world beaters in other leagues. Says it all really. I think maybe Rafa looks at Judge as one he can improve. He’s got natural ability so with Rafa coaching him he might turn into someone special.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Bambams don’t get annoyed with the Irish bar when you find out it’s not on telly anywhere !

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Fulham looked like genuine contenders that first half, some very nice football indeed.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM

From NUFC.com

UK TV: None
    Overseas TV: None
    UK Radio: None
    Local Radio: Live on BBC Radio Newcastle (available worldwide via NUFC TV club subscription service).

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Uh Oh- sounds like there was a ruccus on the last thread!

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:45 PM

That’s very un-pc Jib, but hilarious all the same! 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:46 PM

My take on Mitro Gayle. Despite me being biased as I have eleven hundred quid on Gayle being top scorer, Mitro is my favourite player. I want Gayle to be top scorer this season. Mitrovich does not way in anyway shape or form deserve to be the main man for footballing reasons, his off field reasons put him up there with former legends like Malcolm Mcdonald. His stupidity against Spurs in the last game of the season probably cost us those first two defeats as we couldn’t change the game at all against Fulham which affected our game against Huddersfield and that shirt carry on against Preston was just daft. He was absolutely terrible against Villa and obviously got told so, being a cult hero should not make you an automatic start.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Jib,
    SBR had a reputation for talent spotting, he had Remario and Rivaldo at PSV, Figo first played for him at Lisbon. and Bellamy and Jenas both got young player of the year. Hugo Vianna got picked instead of the new Ronaldo. Djemba Dhemba

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:58 PM

was an absolute howler from SFA as were a few others.

• martoon

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Jail while I remember:
    Here is my team for Rafa bingo:

……………..Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummet
    ……….Colback Shelvey
    ……….Atsu Perez Gouf
    ……………Mitrovic

• magicmac

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Bobbybee, as an Irishman, and a life long Newcastle Fan, i totally agree with your comments about judge, he is a really good and talented player, if he can fully recover from his injury, he would be a fantastic signing for the toon, lots of skill, can beat a man with ease, can pick a pass, and scores lots of goals, so your on the money with your comments about judge Bobbybee, for sure you know your football Bobbybee.

• welshgeordie9

Yadlin lascelle clark dummy
    Shelvey hayden
    Astu perez gouffy
    Gayle

• welshgeordie9

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Why type from scratch when you can copy and paste a lineup that you are going to pick yourself.

That’s my excuse anyway.

Ha ha ha

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Bobbtbee
    I enjoyed that more than a lot of PL games this season.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Rafa Bingo. No chance I know, but I think it’s an interesting 11.

……….…….Sels
    Anita Lascelles Clark Gamez
    ……….Hayden Shelvey
    ………Yedlin Perez Gayle
    ……………Mitrovic

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Jib, agreed mate, enjoyable game. Magic, I thank you for your kind words. 🙂 And on that note – before the drunks come on – I’ll depart to get my fix of US politics. This Clinton scandal – ignored by a lot of media – is as good as game of thrones Ffs. Treason for sale lmao. The alternative? Trump? God help the world. 🙂 Fascinating all the same.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Jimmy
    I follow your thinking
    The more one reflects on it.
    The more Ritchies absence dominates deliberations.

• beermonkey

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM

are we on tv tomoz

• lesh

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Welshyboyo

You asked about George Martin

He’s mentioned in there

Ps. Jib’s been a bit busy tonight so I took the liberty of googling it.i