Talented Player Only Interested In Winning Trophies At Newcastle

One of our best players this season and one who has improved dramatically under the astute coaching of Rafa Benitez is 22 year-old captain Jamaal Lascelles.

Jamaal seems to work closely with manager Rafa Benitez and recently they were both at the Newcastle United Foundation’s Westgate Kicks in a surprise visit a couple of weeks ago.

Jamaal was also at the Newcastle Foundation Awards dinner on Tuesday night at St. James’ Park and that turned out to be a huge success with many senior players attending and Rafa having his entire coaching staff attend the event.

jamaal-lascelles

Jamaal Lascelles in training yesterday

Finally a manager is taking a real interest in everything Newcastle.

Chelsea are interested in signing Jamaal Lascelles for £18M in January, but this young talented player is going nowhere – he is now such a huge influence in the Newcastle dressing room and on the pitch.

This is what Jamaal has said about the apparent interest coming from one of Rafa’s former clubs:

“I saw a little bit of the speculation.” “I really don’t know where that has come from. I can’t pay any interest in it.”

“I am a Newcastle United player and my job is to stay here and hopefully be picking up a trophy at the end of the season.”

“That is a long way away and that is my main objective and I won’t be thinking about anything else.”

“It is an honor to be captain. This is one of the best followings in the country in terms of how passionate the fans are. We will do our all,”

“When I sit back and think about it: last season not even making the squad, to now wearing the armband every week, it makes me proud of myself.”

“22 is a young age to be captain at a very big club under Rafa Benitez. These events are special for me. I am leading this team and I am pleased.”

Those are good words coming from the captain.

It’s an exciting time at the moment for all those associated with Newcastle United – ever since Rafa arrived at the club a short seven months ago.

And there’s not too many players who will want to leave the club at the start of what could be come a very successful era under the leadership of Rafa Benitez.

It seems Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles wants to be a part of that and who can blame him?

Howay The Lads!!

• SUTTY1978

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM

2SUTTY1978 // Nov 5, 2016 at 8:17 AM

Not sure you can categorically say “we are no longer a selling club with Rafa in charge”, we did sell any player that would raise a decent fee in the summer hence why we made a profit.
    Also I wouldn’t be sure we are in that healthy a financial position, that £30m transfer profit will only cover about half the cost of relegation. It’s certainly not still going to be sat there as a transfer kitty come the first of Jan.
    For the club to break even in the second half of the season we would need a similar financial windfall from trading in January.

• lesh

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM

Sutty

If you look out The Ginger Pirolo’s blog, you’ll see he’s talking about the club being about £100m richer following player sales in 2016.

Ok fees and wages will have made a dent in the money but it’ll be used wisely to try to get us back to the Prem for next season. That’s when it starts getting financially serious., ,, ,

• sing in the corner

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:28 AM

Lesh
    (Previous thread)
    🙂 great use of the word ‘bonna’.

• sing in the corner

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:33 AM

Jamaal would be crazy to even contemplate a move to any other club right now. Rafa is in the process of helping him become a huge star and we are a club on the up. If he continues to improve at the rate he has he will be knocking on the England door in the next 2 seasons I reckon.

• lesh

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:36 AM

Sing

It beats bonfire – we never had them in wor back lane – there was always at least three with owld pianos, chairs, mattresses, all sorts appearing at back doors with kids raid in and boolin or dragging bonnie aboot.

Hey ho, there’s always the safety of City Stadium – assuming it still happens.

• sing in the corner

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Transfer business…
    Looking at it now, how did we get that huge wad of cash for Sisssoko from the ‘prudent’ Levy and co??
    We have made our ricks in the transfer market of course, but we’ve more than made up for em with the likes of Sissoko, Wij, Carroll, Debuchy, even that gobsh*te Janmaat, to name a few off the top of me head.

• sing in the corner

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:55 AM

Good luck with the Rafa bingo today lads. Ya heeds must be spinning!

• Jail for Ashley