Here’s One Grateful Player Who Loves It At Newcastle

Christian Atsu seems to have found the club he wants to stay at and after being loaned out to several clubs since he joined Chelsea in the summer of 2013 he seems to just love it at Newcastle.

He feels he can improve a lot under world-class manager Rafa Benitez and certainly the fans would just love the lad to become a permanent player for Newcastle as soon as possible and maybe in January.

chistian-atsu-scores-cardiff-300x229

Christian Atsu after scoring first goal on Saturday

Christian showed what he was capable of on Saturday against Cardiff City with a goal after just three minutes which was set up by Aleksandar Mitrovic and his speed and skill down the wing in that first half was difficult to handle by the opposition defense.

Atsu has been interviewed and he says he is grateful to the manager for giving him his chance and that he vows to work hard on Tyneside.

This is what the 24 year-old Ghanaian has said:

“I had a difficult two seasons when I wasn’t playing a lot,” “I’m very grateful to Rafa for giving me this opportunity.”

“I just want to keep working hard and helping the team, and we’ll see what happens.”

“I’m happy. I’m always prepared, so when I get a chance I can take it.”

Atsu has been loaned out to Vitesse, Everton, Bournemouth and Malaga while he’s been on the book of Chelsea and he didn’t always get playing time at those clubs.

So far this season he has 11 appearances with two goals for Newcastle and he’s likely to be used a lot more by the manager if keeps putting in displays like he gave on Saturday in front of a packed St. James’ Park.

• cyprus

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM

On signings in January, I’m not completely sure that that is recommended, if we continue to rack up the points and the wins. Team cohesion can be disturbed and balance can be lost.

I always wondered if Asprilla’s addition mid-season had affected the team, despite his immediate brilliance. We’ll never know, of course, because those games can’t be replayed.

Of course, Rafa’s rotation ensures that cohesion doesn’t depend on 11-12 players alone. Anyway, if we are doing so well by January, I’d hold the transfers for early summer.

• cyprus

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:16 AM

This Atsu guy should be signed in January though.

• Legolas

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM

On transfers. I said it at some point yesterday I think Michael Carrick would be a decent signing in January. Hadn’t played in league for Man Utd for ages before yesterday and was best player on pitch for them.

• Jib

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM

The Italian press is full of the Mitrovic transfer story.

All accounts have one thing in common.

They ackowledge that the rumours originated not with Napoli but with the Daily Mirror (which of course under Rafa doesn’t get special treatment any more)

They also find it strange that the price quoted is what we paid Anderlecht.

Napoli signed Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik in summer for €35 million to replace Gonzalo Higuain but he has an ACL injury so they need a replacement urgently.

I guess a loan to knock the rough edges off big Al in SerieA may be conceivable.

• Lindisfarne

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:44 AM

Jib

When the Daily Mail story was reported,I thought a loan would be an ideal solution to our over stocked striker problem. I am sure Mitros kid will get a pass on becoming a Geordie for a six month sabatical in Napoli.

• Lindisfarne

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:46 AM

Legolas

I would prefer Martin Depay from ManU.

• Lindisfarne

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Cyprus

I am hoping that the league promotion will be sewn up early so the ‘first’team can be saved for the FA Cup and the back ups get more game time, to see it through. As a result the likes of Daryl Murphy can then more likely be sold having made some appearances and release squad places for new arrivals. However, the idea of bedding in a new PL quality player in the second half of the season is also appealing.

• WWSBRD

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Lindis
    Do we have an over stocked striker problem? News to me that

• jimmygscot

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Cannot allow any forwards to leave. Only need 1 bad injury and we will be short of cover. Look what has happened over the last 2 seasons.
    Signing Atsu is a must as The Goof is likely to move on.