Moussa Sissoko Talks About Former Club Newcastle

It’s International break time again so we were expecting to hear again from Moussa Sissoko.

Moussa is not having an easy time of it at Tottenham since he moved there for a massive fee on the last day of the transfer market, because he didn’t want to play in England’s second tier – not a player of his  ability.

So along with Andros Townsend, Gini Wijnaldum and Daryl Janmaat he left Newcastle and come to think of it none of those players are having a particularly good time of it at their new clubs.

moussa-sissoko-spurs

Moussa Sissoko in Tottenham’s colors

Although Andros Townsend is in the England squad for the game at Wembley on Friday against Scotland and that’s one reason he wanted to move – to remain in the England squad.

Newcastle are playing extremely well and we have won 15 of our last 17 games, so we aren’t grumbling at all and we have had some of the best results since Kevin Keegan was managing the club in the 1990s – even if it is in the Championship.

This is what Moussa Sissoko has said about Newcastle to Footmercato:

“I have lots of friends there. We stayed in touch. I see what they do, that’s fine. They are doing very well.”

“I hope it will go on like this all season and they will have the chance to go back in the Premier League.”

Tottenham paid Newcastle a massive £30M for Moussa and while it’s maybe too early to judge that deal from Tottenham’s viewpoint, it was a terrific deal for Newcastle.

To get that amount of money for a player who is so inconsistent is a good deal in anybody’s book and he’s already shown that inconsistency wearing a Tottenham shirt.

Well at least he’s not talking about wanting to join a bigger club because he wants to play in the Champions League – that broken record has finally stopped.

• sing in the corner

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:52 AM

Ed you do this on purpose don’t you you wee scamp

16sing in the corner // Nov 8, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Interesting discussion AC and Jimmy
    Out of the 4, most toon fans are fairly pleased Sissoko, Janmaat and Wij have left. Especially for the collective money we got.
    Look at it this way…would you have those 3 back at the price those teams paid if / when we go back up?
    No way, I think.
    As for the prospective incomings we will need: Rafa will get more from them than previous managers that’s for sure. So they don’t necessarily need to be huge established names with huge price tags.

• sing in the corner

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:54 AM

Players will be clambering over each other to join the R…
    Sorry, can’t say it. 🙂

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Sissoko, Townsend, Wijnaldum and Janmaat

I the grass is greener on the other side – or the benches are warmer – ha bloody ha!!!

• Average_Contents

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:01 AM

Average_Contents
    November 8, 2016
    Sing

Haha, no chance. I’d rather be short of players lol.

Anyway, 8am and works calling.

P.s Salford is a sh1thole.

Average_Contents
    November 8, 2016

Jimmy

Yes I do. Especially scousehampton and spuds, we pulled their keks down and went in dry. Both players are shall we say, inconsistent at best. Just because we paid £14m then Liverpool paid us £25m a year later doesn’t mean he’s worth it.

Don’t get me started on that disrespectful, sulking, only turns up for the TV shirker either.

I thought Townsend was relatively cheap considering his form for us but we had no choice in that although his form for palace would suggest they also overpaid lol.

I used to like janmaat until I realised he’s also a shirker and for a prem ready fullback or someone who’s had experience of the league then £12m isn’t that much I agree, again though, he’s hardly done anything of note and was decidedly average when playing for us.

Run of the mill.

• Average_Contents

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:03 AM

He’s got friends here?

I’m suprised they didn’t chase the chump out of the dressing room.

Definitely off

• toonincheek

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM

I’ve always rated Fabregas.

Anyone else think he would be a great addition?

He wouldn’t come cheap, transfer fee and wages
    would be, shall we say, substantial.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:22 AM

I think these players had sufficient quality to contribute to a top ten team, but we didn’t have enough of them, and in the right positions, nor were they well managed.

In contrast, I think this group has good depth and balance, is well managed and prepared, but is almost certainly lacking the necessary quality to really threaten the top 8

I don’t want them back of course. They clearly were not psychologically right by seasons end, Townsend apart, and we’ve all moved on. But I do think we require others of similar or better quality and in the right positions, under Rafa, at a well run club, if we want to do well in the top flight. Preferably for the money we paid for them, not for what we sold them for, and that’s where Carr can contribute.

• EllaGuru

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:28 AM

toonincheek

Fabregas seems to be a confidence player. I believe Rafa could get the best out of him!

I could certainly see him filling a 10 role for us in the Prem next season!

One has to wonder however if Rafa and Charmless will be willing to splash out, not only on the transfer fee, but also on his wages. They have already gone to great lengths to offload a number of (unrealistically) high earners.