Newcastle Knew Of Ongoing FA Investigation Of Shelvey


The Chronicle have cleared up some confusion with Jonjo Shelvey’s Football Association misconduct charge, where the Newcastle midfielder could face (at least) a five match ban if the charge stands.

However Shelvey is said to be considering an appeal against the charge and he has maintained throughout the investigation he did not say the alleged discriminatory words he is charged with saying.

The FA charge seemed to come out of the blue yesterday, but apparently Newcastle have known of this pending charge ever since the match took place on 20th September at St. James’ Park.

jonjo-shelvey-qpr

Jonjo Shelvey – facing serious charges

Jonjo is said to have verbally abused a player at about the same time that Vurnon Anita picked up his red card after 87 minutes.

The FA have been investigating the charge ever since and only yesterday did they formally charge the Newcastle midfielder.

The serious part of the charge is that Shelvey used words relating to ethnicity towards an opponent and that’s why the ban could be for five games.

The Express & Star in the Midlands is reporting the player abused is alleged to have been Moroccan midfielder Romain Saiss.

The complaint was not made by Saiss himself, whose use of English is said to be limited, but it was made by a Wolves team-mate.

This is a serious charge and if upheld and Jonjo gets a five match ban these are the games he would miss.

November
Sun 20	13:15	A	Leeds United				
Sat 26	15:00	H	Blackburn
Tue 29  17:45   A       Hull - EFL Cup				
December
Fri 02	19:45	A	Nottm Forest				
Sat 10	15:00	H	Birmingham

Shelvey has until November 16th to respond to the charge and no decision has yet been made whether the club and Shelvey are to contest the charge.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

8 comments so far

  • Jib

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM

    Comment #1

    That’s probably why it has taken so long.

    If the club knew about it Ashley’s legal squad will have been all over it.

    It looks like the FA are fairly sure of their ground.
    Stitch up or not , just take the punishment and move on.
    Terry and Suarez were not diminished as players by what happened to them.

    0
  • welshgeordie9

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:16 AM

    Comment #2

    We can cope if he is suspended, this season we have won matches when Ritchie was out. Also Mitrovic and Gayle.

    0
  • firebug666

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:22 AM

    Comment #3

    Welshie

    True bonny lad, but who do we have to take control of the midfield in the way Shelvey has for us?

    Losing Richie we used Atsu, Mitro and Gayle just swapped places, but Shelvey????

    I think probably Hayden and Colback could manage, but i don’t think we will control the middle of the park in the same way.

    0
  • Jib

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:22 AM

    Comment #4

    Welshie
    We still have to play Wolves at Molineux on Feb 11!
    That should be interesting.

    0
  • welshgeordie9

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM

    Comment #5

    It might be time for Rafa to use both Gayle and Mtriovic now shelvey is out, couldn’t we put Ritchie where shelvey is playing.

    Mitrovic
    gourfran Gayle Atsu
    Ritchie Hayden or Colback

    0
  • firebug666

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:33 AM

    Comment #6

    One other thing before I go out, Why has the player who made these allegations not been named and put under similar scrutiny?

    How come he is allowed to hide in the shadows like some slimy little snake.

    Right off out now.

    0
  • Jib

    Nov 9, 2016 at 8:33 AM

    Comment #7

    I think Ritchie could move into the centre and make a fist of it with his PL and international experience – remember it’s the Championship.

    0
  • BeeGuy

    Nov 9, 2016 at 10:26 AM

    Comment #8

    This situation shows how weak the supporters think the NUFC squad is.

    0

You must log in to post a comment.