Striker On How The Team Are Getting Better

When Ayoze Perez first arrived from Tenerife two years last summer for just 2M, he was a young player with excellent skills and good vision on the pitch, but he little physical prowess.

Alan Pardew immediately put him into the first team squad even though he had initially been bought for Peter Beardsley’s Development squad – and he quickly started to produce for the first team.

Since he arrived Ayoze has bulked up a lot, but he still lacks physicality in his play and there other parts of his game that still have lots of room for improvement.

ayoze-perez-scores

Ayoze Perez – improving under Rafa Benitez

However, we are seeing this season an improvement in Perez’ overall play and the 23 year-old has a real connection with Rafa  because they are both Spanish.

Ayoze was born and played for Tenerife and Rafa was the manager there from 2000-2001 when he got them promoted to La Liga – so there’s another connection between the two men.

Perez believes that he and the team are making good progress under Rafa’s excellent coaching and man management skills:

“Benitez always makes sure that everything is right and everyone is trying to learn from him.” “Everyone is improving as players individually and also as a team.”

“It’s important for me to have that connection  of Tenerife with him and to understand everything clearly he tells me because we speak the same language.”

“It’s important because I know what he wants from me and we are trying to do it properly.” “Individually and also as a team we are getting better under him.”

“The team is growing, is doing better every game.” “Individually as well I feel like I am growing as a player and that’s why I am happy.”

“The mood feels different.” “The truth is we are playing much better, we are playing good football and it’s very different to least season.”

“We feel comfortable now, we are confident and you can feel it outside on the pitch.” “Everyone is happy because we are still top of the table.”

Perez is Newcastle’s second top scorer with 6 goals from 15 appearances and five goals behind top goal-scorer Dwight Gayle.

Here are all of Newcastle’s goal-scorers.

PlayerLeagueCupsTotal
Grant Hanley101
Chancel Mbemba101
DeAndre Yedlin101

• JackBall

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Repost from prior page

There are whistleblower platforms that protect anonymity primarily to protect negative actions from the revealer. Those actions usually involve penalties to that persons employment by the employer or government agency. That is not the case in this situation. I can not see the harm of the accuser being named and his accusation being made public if the accused has also been identified.The fear that a professional player, who has access to a large microphone, would not come forward for fear of being revealed to the public does not out weigh, in my opinion, the right of pubic to know both the accused and the accuser at the same time

• WWSBRD

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Perez really needs to improve soon imo his NUFC career isn’t looking too good so far

• firebug666

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM

JackBall

Well said mate, but the allegations may be of a nature that to reveal them now could make matters worst for our player, but naming the hearsay accuser could not really do much harm in this case, and would allow those including myself to look into the accusers character and see what sort of person he is, is his first language English for example?

• Budge123

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM

WWS I agree. I think he flatters to deceive.
    Not consistent and when poor very poor.
    Perhaps he is more suited to a more technical league?
    If the goal next year is top 8 then no space at all for potential passengers?

• firebug666

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM

WWSBRD

Yeah Perez is a bit of a hit and miss at the moment, some games suit his style, but he is very lightweight, loses the ball easily.

Question on my lips is can we afford to keep him for a rare moment of magic?

Needs to beef up and get stuck into the graft a bit more for me.

• hibbit

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:05 PM

is this accusation based on one wolves players word or do the fa have more evidence to back there case ?
    i seem to remember when anita was sent off the ref the 4th official and 1 of the linesman were all involved in calming things down have any of the officials provided any evidence and why has it taken so long ?

• JackBall

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:07 PM

I agree that the accusation could be ugly. It could as well be a misunderstanding or a fabrication. Although, I doubt a professional would fabricate such a thing against a fellow player. This is the problem with a leak or a partial reveal. It leaves too much to the imagination. We sit her as Newcastle fans hoping that nothing vulgar was said and as a fan give the benefit to our player. But we still, and others are, imagining (though hopefully not rooting for) the worst. As someone earlier stated, creating a perfect policy is difficult, but I lean towards, once enough information becomes public to start the wild speculation, it is better to release the specifics as they are presently known.

• hibbit

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:09 PM

firebug666
    Perez was very poor on saturday
    i think Gayle could do his job better and take the chances he fluffs

• firebug666

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:09 PM

hibbit

All good questions, but if any of the officials had heard anything it would have been dealt with before now. I think a complaint was made after the game, and it was made by a Wolves player who claims he heard Shelvey abuse one of his team mates.

• firebug666

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM

JackBall

It could also be that the player did hears Shelvey say something and then either misunderstood it or embellished it to make it sound worse that it actually was.

The only way we will know is when the full story comes out. In the meanwhile Shelvey is having his reputation tarnished, and Newcastle are yet again being drawn into controversy.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:17 PM

I think Rafa has taken Perez under his wing like a father figure and is trying to improve his game , maybe it’s the Spanish connection. As much as I would like to see him find some consistency and a position that he’s comfortable with , as I’ve stated previously I really think that if he was going to cement a place in the team he would have done so by now.
    We can’t have dozens of a quad players hanging around in the hope they might one day make the breakthrough . I think once Rafa has decided on a player ‘s future then he won’t allow sentiment to prevent him getting rid.

• JackBall

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:21 PM

I guess we will have to just sit here and wait to lean more. I might be depressed about this if I were not already profoundly saddened by the election results. I know, no politics, but it truly hurts.

• hibbit

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM

firebug666

if thats the case why has it taken so long
    there must be more to it !!

• nufcursed

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:42 PM

ED
    Perez has 3 league goals so he is on 7!!!!

• nufcursed

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM

can’t believe perez has been linked with barca!
    he’s nowhere near their standard of quality