How Rafa Quickly Transformed Newcastle Into A Well-Run Club

Neil Moxley in the Mirror has written an excellent piece today about how Rafa Benitez has almost instantly transformed Newcastle into a club – wait for it – a club that is very well run.

Neil says Newcastle are no longer a laughing stock in football and there now no guaranteed stories like screw-ups that are gifts to journalists to write regularly about the trials and tribulations of Newcastle United – the joke club.

And it’s all Rafa’s fault.

🙂

Rafa has transformed the club and transformed the team and we have now won 15 of our last 17 games with just one defeat – Rafa Benitez has instantly made Newcastle into winners.

The report says that Mike Ashley has done something good – something maybe even magical coming from the unpopular owner.

Rafael+Benitez Liverpool thumbs up - +v+Newcastle+United+s3vR87dhO7yl

Rafa Benitez – it’s thumbs up at Newcastle

He has appointed a manager who is quickly showing why he’s won thee European Championships and not only that, he seems quite literally to be the perfect manager for Newcastle United.

Fans love him, the players love him, I love him, my son loves him, my wife loves him – and he’s already formed what looks like an excellent working relationship with Managing Director Lee Charnley.

Lee even came out in May and said he thought Newcastle had just signed one of the best managers in the world.

Here’s what Lee said about Rafa on May 25th after the club persuaded him to stay for three years:

“He’s been everything I expected and truth be told – more.” “When he was first identified as an individual that we would like to try and bring in, it was very clear from the outset that this was a manager of the absolute highest caliber.”

“One of the best managers in the world.”

“And everything that I’ve seen from him, from his backroom staff – who have also been absolutely fantastic – what the other staff members who have worked with him, the views of the players.”

“It’s absolutely clear that we have here one of the best managers in the world.”

We are top of the Championship and looking forward to our next league game in front of a sold-out Elland Road crowd – the first time that’s happened for six years – and we are drawing 52,000 crowds at home.

And yes we are in the Championship – and yes that’s England’s second division.

Gone are the days – like Sundays – when the latest crisis was being reported with blazing headlines in the papers about dysfunctional Newcastle.

What’s happening today is there are reports that we are after some top players in January.

And also a report in the Mirror about what an excellently run club Newcastle United now are under manager Rafa Benitez.

Well – would you believe it!

Howay The Lads!!

Here’s Neil Moxley’s report.

• AncientC

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Jetro willems is available on a free this summer, the only problem is the amount of LBs already at the club. Maybe Siem De Jong will impress at PSV, giving us leverage to do a deal, but that still would not resolve the amount of LBs at the club.

Daniele De Rossi is also out of contract this summer – 2 years younger than Carrick. Signing a player like De Rossi would be a marquee signing, which would be needed to attract other top quality players.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/rafael-benitez-age-before-beauty-as-italys-wise-guys-try-to-stifle-spanish-flair-7899959.html An article, written by our very own Rafael Benitez.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Repost
    welsh
    Surely I shouldn’t need to correct u on ur own teams history, second season in the PL u win the league cup no? And yes u won it well done…who did u beat again? Fluked through Liverpool and Chelsea

Ex managers and players saying they did well is probably true doesn’t prove anything though adds to my over hyped opinion really

And played like Barca people did used to say that aye always made me smile even back then

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Boy you crack me up, flunked the wins in the cup, yeah right, must have been a fluke when swans beaten some of the top teams in the league every season, wow was it 2nd and not the 1st season oh I’m so sorry.

• beermonkey

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:45 PM

i see the welsh wum is banging the swans drum again
    welsh go start a swans blog u might make a few bob so u can buy some sheep feed and atract a new mate

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Beermonkey

I didn’t start the swans comments so calm down little boy.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Change your name, it’s rubbish.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:53 PM

welsh
    U beat Chelsea with two Ivanovc assists despite being controlled then held them to a nil nil again being controlled (this time by 10 men) is that not flukey to win?

Though tbf u did beat Liverpool early on in the rounds amply I was a tad mean to say that was flukey was a poor Liverpool team though

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Race to start in 10 minutes time, wish they would hurry up.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:54 PM

And yeah crap teams beat top teams every year in the PL doesn’t make them good

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Of course it was swans fault Liverpool put a poor team out, how dare swans do that.

Ha ha ha

• AncientC

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM

You have to laugh at Huw Jenkins. When Rodgers joined Liverpool, Jenkins drafted up some useless agreement stating that Rodgers could not poach Swansea players and take them to Liverpool. A few months later, Huw Jenkins is accepting a bid from Liverpool for Joe Allen.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Whatever mate, you keep telling yourself that.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:04 PM

welsh
    Ur not really putting up much debate here to prove me wrong, u were very lucky to win the cup

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:08 PM

It’s pointless me trying to put up a debate because it’s really hard trying to talk to a wall.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Right I’m off to watch the racing as its back on.

Come on Hamilton.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM

welsh
    We have never had a debate how can u describe me as a wall? Good lord u jumped on my opinion because it disagrees with urs but won’t offer a debate towards why I am wrong? Haha why even bother in the first place

I am what I am on here and I look to converse over opinions so if u question mine u can’t be surprised when I continue the conversation and argue my side haha

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Brown Ale back on the shirts? Howay man that’d be perfect

• JamesToon

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Mirror saying we’be been in talks with Newcastle brown ale about them becoming our sponser again?? This would be absolute class!

• toon22

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Id agree we seem to be a well run club nowdays
    Altough im a bit concerned at all of these so call targets.They have the smell of the usual buy cheap young players who we can sell on at a profit,lets hope they get some experience in too.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Newcy Broon or Wonga. Now let me think.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:34 PM

bettyswallocks // Nov 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM

The percentages of scoring a goal with a high cross into the box are much lower than a quick accurate pass along the ground. Most top teams prefer to retain possession and wait for the right opening than cross it high and have it headed away by big centre backs.
    – – – – – – – – – –

Halleluijah! someone talking my language

• beermonkey

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:34 PM

ww

u cant debate with a wum
    he is only to cause as much disruption as possible by goading others

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:42 PM

beer
    Aye true mate haha I should learn really it’s always ends the same way

• Sav

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Still apprehensive that Ashley may revert to type when we are back on the Premiership gravy train. So far, Rafa has only made money for Ashley from sales. How than will play when Rafa starts demanding players to get us to the very highest level remains to be seen.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:47 PM

beerminkey

So I’m a wum for defending my team when someone hasn’t got a clue.

Grow up.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Rotonda ……… We agree at last. Lol. It’s a fact though that all the teams with progressive managers refuse the high launched ball into the box. Having said that it can be used as an alternative tactic when games have become a stalemate but there are still many dinosaur managers using a big target man . No names mentioned.

• WWSBRD

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:51 PM

welsh
    I’ve not got a clue of my opinion? Haha I also corrected u on when u won the cup u brought up seems I’ve a decent clue all things considered

• beermonkey

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM

welsh the wum

u said it all your team
    so sod off to a swans blog where you will be welcomed
    stop plaguing us with stupid statments that only serve to wind up and annoy

• welshgeordie9

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Which part of I follow two teams don’t you understand, I’m not going anywhere.

• JamesToon

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Lucas Leiva and Fernando Torres will both be free in the summer unless their contracts are renewed. Could Rafa perhaps persuade them to sign for us if we get promoted?

• Thump

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM

For all the talk of Brown Ale sponsorship – I’m all for it. But on the other hand, the Sunday Mirror announced it.

So on to the next story.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Welshie……. What about the Welsh National team. That makes three.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:35 PM

James

Torre’s wages will be too high and I can’t see him doing any better for us than he did at LPool and Chelsea.

There was a funny article in the Telegraph colour supplement about how Jose is turning ManU into a rubbish team as he is still secretly working for Chelsea.

Sounds about right to me.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:42 PM

I follow loads of teams, all of the England international teams, the GB althletes, my first love Gateshead and I do like to see how the other NE teams are doing even (in a whisper) Sunderland.

But first and foremost I am a Toon supporter for over sixty years and always will be.

HWTL

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:46 PM

And Newcy Brown on the shirt that would be the froth on the beer top, (by that I mean great).

Hope it’s not just a stupid Sunday Mirror story.

• lesh

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Having the Brown Ale logo on our shirts makes marketing sense given the worldwide coverage the Prem gets and the fact that Newcastle Brown Ale’s being marketed as a global brand.

• lesh

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Sav

I think Ashley’s got more than enough problems with SD to make him worry about NUFC – which is doing very nicely without his ‘assistance’, thank you.

• toon22

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:55 PM

The Brown Ale logo will also shift a whole heap of shirts.
    Im sure there are lods of people who wont buy one due to the Wonga logo me being one of them.

• Average_Contents

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Remember this? Hard to forget.

I went mental when Bellamy scored, screamed the house down. Oh the memories.

• Ron Knee

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Three goals for Belgium now. Long night for Estonia.