Rafa Thinks Of Everything – Including The Geordie Lingo

You cannot say Rafa Benitez isn’t a great planner and he really thinks of everything – which is one reason he’s been so successful.

And a photo of assistant coach Mikel Antia’s office at Benton shows on the wall something very important – a translation of Geordie lingo into English.

Take a look at the lower left hand corner of the photo, which is then blown up on the right.

Thanks to Lewy for the tweet.

Hilarious picture spotted in Newcastle coaches office

• G

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM

For the record, ‘Geet’ is Great, as in Geet Big, is Great Big

• bettyswallocks

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:36 PM

G…… I agree with you that Thauvin should have stood and fought like a man. Roy Keane wouldn’t have ran away whatever he might be.

These hoodlums will only continue this line of behaviour until someone makes a stand and gives them a right good scudding.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM

I can see several good reasons for him running.

He’d be in shock from being throttled, they may have been big blokes, they could have been carrying knives and his body is his living. They might easily have caused career threatening injuries.

You only have to look at those two squaddies who were attacked to see it makes sense.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:58 PM

I aall o the squad laarnt teh speak geordie, it cud be wor secret weapon, like.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:59 PM

G – not sure why they didn’t have a translation for ‘geet’, it’s not exactly a complicated word to explain, is it? Geet simple like.

• G

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM

@2 & 3, to be fair given the story quoted, Thauvin did the sensible thing in withdrawing from the scene, I simply felt a bit of Clarksonesque French-bashing coming on for a moment there. My apologies. The correct manner in dealing with somebody strangling you is to grab one of their fingers and pull it back past 90 degrees until it snaps, if they don’t let go, move on to the next and so-on until they do let go. Hopefully they are now in enough shock for you to deliver your hay-maker and retain your twenty grand timepiece.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Essex – Thauvin definitely should have stood his ground and taken a knife to the gut like a man. That’s what any of us would have done, right? We’re all well hard around here.

• Jib

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:12 PM

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM

There’s an article on MSN news about the best and worst Spanish players to play in the EPL

Out of the 11 worst we have had three of them.

Marcellino, Luque and Xisco.

We never had any of the ten best.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:17 PM

G – to be fair, I think the article said that there was two attackers. Running was definitely the best thing to do. If you started bending back the stranglers fingers, what do you think his mate would be doing? Standing there admiring your excellent escape technique? When you’re outnumbered and potentially outgunned, you get yourself the hell out of there!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Jib

I like that picture.

Specially as it depicts the Holy Trinity.

The blessed Rafa (all hail him) the club Father.

The anointed Sun lighting our way to glory.

And the Holy Coach

So mote it be.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Essex – funny you mentioned the crappy Spanish player thing because that was the only thing I was worried about when we got Rafa. I just hoped he had good scouting connections over three and was aware of our past misfires with Spaniards. Those three names you mentioned weren’t just bad, they were utterly atrocious.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Gannin doon the Toon to get mortal on broon.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Can’t believe it’s been five years already. Still brings a tear to my eye. Both sets of fans will lift the roof off the place when it comes to applauding such a classy player.

• lochinvar

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:28 PM

The list is far from complete.
    It’s missing:

Mackem – an uncouth person of unknown origin and unwashed

• giimps

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:30 PM

Is that the Marcellino who had 18 month off work with a broken fingernail?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM

And from the same website, the very article above Gary Speed’s story is this:

Featuring two of our least classiest players. In fact, they were downright morons, the pair of them. And that was from fourteen and a half years ago! Where does the time go?

• Jib

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Methinks Bill has had a few sherbets thisafter
    😀
    All over SSN that Gerard has left LA Galaxy
    I wondr if he’s been on th dog and bone to San Rafael

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Sorry, that should be eleven and a half years, not fourteen and a half. Thought it was 2002 instead of 2005 for some reason.

• Chancel My MBembaship

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Jib – I’d be surprised if Gerard ends up anywhere other than Liverpool, especially after Klopp said the door is always open for him to return. I know Gerard said Rafa was the best manager he ever played under but I think he’ll be pulled more towards his favorite club than his favorite manager. Still, I certainly wouldn’t be against him joining the coaching staff. Shelvey and a few others could learn a trick or two from him in those advanced midfield roles.