This New Arrival So Positive And Upbeat

24 year-old Achraf Lazaar is almost ready to get involved more regularly with the Newcastle first team and in his interviews this week in the Chronicle  he has come across as an extremely  positive and upbeat person who will be great for the team spirit at Newcastle.

Rafa Benitez is in no way rushing the Moroccan International into the first team, but rather the manager has allowed him to get to grips with the English game before he will unleash him somewhere on the left hand side of the Newcastle team.

achraf lazaar

Achraf Lazaar in Newcastle’s colors

Rafa knows all about the game in Italy, having managed Napoli for two years and he will know in which ways Achraf needs to adapt his game to be ready to play in England.

Lazaar talked about the English game and the fact that it’s not like in Italy or Spain which is basically tiki-taka football – made famous by Pep Guardiola when he was at Barcelona with short passing, lots of movement and  maintaining possession.

This is what Achraf said:

“The football here is very quick and you don’t have tiki-taka football – instead it is hard and aggressive.”

“In Italy the referee has his work cut out with cards, here it is simply: ‘Let’s play and get on with it’. The conditions are different and it is more physical.”

“We use the gym a lot more. I like it here and I have adapted.”  “I came here to enjoy the experience and for now I work hard to get to that next level.”

“This manager has told me to come and play on the left side and get into position for the team.”

Next up for Newcastle is a tough game at Elland Road in the early kick-off game on Sunday and we will probably see Achraf on the bench and who knows he may get on in the second half.

We hope so because this lad looks a very talented player from what we’ve seen of him so far in is two Newcastle appearances.

What do you think?

• bettyswallocks

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Hibbit……… From what I’ve heard it was a slur on his religion.

• Novocastrian66

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Shelvey will get a ban matter what. The FA have acted and it is extremely rare, to the point of never, that they will rescind a charge or find a player not guilty.
    We will then have everyone on his case without knowing the full facts. It’s a kangaroo court and everyone should remember it is not a court of law. Therefore it is highly likely the charges or accusations would not legally stand up and a result people should refrain from labelling him as a racist and judging him based on the FA judgement of the incident.
    If the FA are in possession of such compelling evidence that would incriminate Shelvey they should pass it onto the Police. I doubt they have somehow.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:12 PM

England 2 Spain 0
    The coronation of King Gareth will follow shortly !

• WWSBRD

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:21 PM

Jib
    Ur not defending Shelvey ur just waiting yet no matter the outcome u think he’s innocent?

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:23 PM

WWSBRD
    Yes I think he probably is – but I have been wrong before !

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Can’t work out England, crap in the Euros and tonight playing quite comfortably beating Spain.

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Hope shelvey is innocent.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:25 PM

WWSBRD

I missed this bit

“yet no matter the outcome”

you really are a stupid git !

• WWSBRD

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Jib
    Ah right hold on got ur post mixed up with someone elses sorry

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Lilo
    If you are still out there – someone came up with a French left field suggestion.
    Angel di Maria – still only 28 – career stalled at PSG -winger or AMF – Rafa has tried to sign him before.

• WWSBRD

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Haha oh right I should of reloaded before posting

Honestly Jib it is really rather sad how quickly u will go to insults I mean its just really childish, what do u get out of it? Really I am curious, do u think it some how give u the upper hand over others or is it simply u want to try and stop people questioning u because u cant explain urself?

I mean I dont think I have ever called u a name I have merely questioned ur opinions yet everytime I talk to u it ends it u trying to insult me (which doesnt work am afraid)…it is yet to stop me questioning u or move on from a debate with u and tbh it really doesnt make u look more intelligent so all I can ask is (again) why?

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Jib

Did you enjoy watching the sport in London.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Novo – by what authority would the FA have in passing on details of incidents (Shelvey incident) to the police.
    I say this as they are neither the victim nor a witness to the incident.
    I would suggest without the consent of the “victim” they would have no authority to do so.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Welshie
    I enjoyed Twickers more than Wembley.

The Scots fans are stuck in a time warp !

The England fans were mainly young men more intent on thier devices than the footy.

Having said that – the rugby atmosphere was pretty flat as well – must be the time of year I guess .

• bettyswallocks

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Just watching Stones he definitely has excellent ball control and technical ability, but I don’t ever recall him making a game changing contribution with his creative play .Therefore as his defending is decidedly iffy I can’t see the point of paying £50 mil for a bit of fancy play that achieves very little.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Oooh oooh goody goody – Blog competition.
    The Question;-
    “WWSBRD // Nov 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM
    Haha oh right I should of reloaded before posting

• bettyswallocks

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Southgate out.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:48 PM

The FA need to be open and transparent about what was said and the punishment given. There should be the opportunity for a well informed public discussion about these things. I certainly do not like the idea of the law ever getting involved over a comment made on a football pitch.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Ooops do not know what happened there.
    Oooh oooh goody goody – Blog competition.
    The Question;-
    “WWSBRD // Nov 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM
    Haha oh right I should of reloaded before posting

I’ll take a stab at this if you don,t mind.
    Answer:-

A big stiffy.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Mister Tuff
    The F.A. must be witness to the incident through video evidence – I don’t think they would just take the word of a player !

If only the victim could complain you would never get anyone charged with murder !

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Andros Townsend is on fire !

• WWSBRD

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Tuff
    Haha its likely the only answer I will get to my question I once again seem to of stumped poor Jib

• bettyswallocks

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Obvious

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Flipping heck the Spaniards equalise !

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM

6welshgeordie9 // Nov 15, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Oops i think I’ve just jinxed the result.

Ha ha ha

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:57 PM

WWSBRD

Sorry I didn’t realise you were waiting for an answer.

I thought it was obvious !

I call you a pr!ck because I think you are a bit of a pr!ck .

😎

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM

everytime I say something on here, the complete opposite happens, should be on britains got talent.

Ha ha ha

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM

you see poor Jib wasn’t stumppd at all!

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:59 PM

stumped even

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Jib,
    I’m sort of about. Di Maria would surely be too much for our wage structure. He did better than given credit for in the Prem, an obviously a player of that ilk would be akin to a galactico signing. Not sure it fits with the work ethic of the squad.

For the money it would need, I think the squad could be more effectively built.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Welshie
    You are barred from commenting on Sundays game – unless we go behind.
    😀

• Mister Tuff

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Jib Jibberish – you post is a bit ambiguous :-
    “The F.A. must be witness to the incident through video evidence……”

Are you saying that just in the Shelvey case or in general.

We dot not know what evidence exists -save for what has been reported – that the Wolves player who was abused (allegedly) had a team mate as a witness.
    Plus the several weeks delay must be relevant – were they processing photographic evidence
    -were they experiencing difficulties in getting written accounts – perhaps from Zenga – who was sacked later.
    We’ll get to know what was supposed to have been said in due course.

FA do not HAVE to have photographic evidence by the way – plenty of players get done for this from lower leagues/non league football where there are no cameras.

• WWSBRD

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Jib
    I asked u the same question twice and u didn’t think i would expect a response? Come on Jib for someone who is so adamant of their superiority u dont half struggle with pretty basic things

And thats the best u can come up with?
    1. U didnt call me a pr!ck and 2. U still havent answered the question

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Lilo
    PSG paid £44 million for him and hardly use him.
    It’s a crime against football !
    Perhaps some sort of loan deal ?

• welshgeordie9

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Jib

It’s going to be such a tough match on Sunday, I won’t be saying anything during the match, will do after, there’s no way I’m going to jinx that match.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Jib,
    I’d question why they don’t? And why Man U saw him as disposable so soon after paying big bucks for him.

I think he would disrupt the harmony we have.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:12 PM

I have to say that England look better under Southgate.

• Mister Tuff

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Vision of the Swansea team of the future that Bob Bradley has moulded.

Nov 15, 2016 at 10:14 PM