Owen Coyle Gives Out Warning To Newcastle

Owen Coyle has been talking about tomorrow’s game at Newcastle and the 50 year-old experienced manager says he is looking forward to what may be their toughest game of the season.

On form and on league position we should win this game fairly easily, but things don’t always work out the way they are expected to (damn it!) and our first two games of the season at Fulham and at home to Huddersfield showed that.

owen-coyle-blackburn-norwich_3759143

Owen Coyle – 50 year-old Blackburn manager

We also managed to be beaten by lowly Wolves after we had taken QPR to the cleaners by a score of 6-0 at Loftus Road and that was our 6th win in a  row at the time and in the previous five games we hadn’t even conceded a goal.

That home loss was another shock to the system.

Owen Coyle says he is under no illusions about the game at St. James’ Park tomorrow:

“The level we’re at people will envisage Newcastle away to be the toughest game of the season.” “I’m under no illusions, but what a fantastic game to look forward to.”

“It’s a brilliant game for us to go there and show that we’re a decent team and a game we certainly feel if we’re at our best we’re capable of getting a positive result from.”

“I’m sure people will have written us off already but if they have then they have certainly not watched our recent performances, because I believe we have enough to trouble the opposition.”

“The atmosphere will be the same because they sell out every week such is the passion of their fans.”

“But equally we have taken good followings to our away games and they have got behind the team and we want to go away from home and represent them and do well in the game and I believe we can do that.”

We’ll just have to see what happens tomorrow, but we have to believe in front of what could be another sellout  crowd at St. James’ Park, our lads will be all ready to go to try to make it 10 wins in a row for the first time in our 124 year history.

A vast majority of fans think we can do that and put Rafa Benitez in Newcastle’s record books for the very first time.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Blackburn?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• Laurent Robert 32

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:38 AM

Hopefully we can! The more time goes on, the more the benefits of the rotational policy should come into play. As I said ages ago, I really like Rafa does it and keeps the team fresh by having the players playing at maximum fitness levels. It also can make them all feel involved and they know they will get games under a long season.

• one fine day

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:41 AM

Bring it
    Hwtf
    Hwtf
    Viva Rafa

• one fine day

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:52 AM

LR 32
    Agree totaly
    Rafa seems to be able to use the squad system effortlessly in a way that if a player is rested/ dropped / whatever it is done honestly and they are (seem to be ) told it’s simply the right 11 for each game on its merits .end of .
    Therefore a player who isn’t selected doses not feeling disaffected from the first team as was the way under privious management /
    A refreshing move on from the “purples ” era

• Budge123

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM

One fine day – only 10 players in your Rafa Bingo I think

• Jib

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Nor partaking of the Bingo
    However this eleven started really well against Cardiff last time we were at SJP 3weeks ago !
    Darlow
    Yedlin
    Lascelles
    Clark
    Dummett
    Atsu
    Shelvey
    Hayden
    Gouffran
    Perez
    Mitrovic

A lot more threat on the flanks to pull a big side around the park.

• Jib

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Nor = Not

• hibbit

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM

is it confirmed that Shelvey can play ??

• one fine day

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:58 AM

2toontaff2 // Nov 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM
    Ok revised Rafa line up

Darlow
    Yedlin Lascalles Clark Dummett
    Hayden Shelvey
    Ritchie perez Gouffran
    Gayle

• lesh

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hobbit

Shelvey hasn’t had his hearing yet so yes, he could play tomorrow.

• lesh

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Hibbit

My phone’s autocorrect insists on calling you Hobbit. Are you misspelling your name?

• one fine day

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Budge 123
    Cheers mate for heads up
    Hope I wasn’t disrespecting Blackburn in selecting only 10 🙂
    Not sure how Perez didn’t post up
    Bear in mind it’s 9 pm here in oz on a Friday night and a few Shiraz are maybe to blame

• Jib

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:05 AM

The Match Day referee vs Blackburn – David Coote – has officiated 15 games in 2016/17 with a return of 52 yellow cards and one red card.

His highest card count so far this season was seven yellows and one red in the game between Barnsley and Reading.

He took in 30 matches in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and football divisions, he handed out a total of 111 yellow cards and five red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Ipswich Town and Cardiff City in October with eight yellows being shown. He also showed six yellows and two reds on two occasion.

A toon player could be getting a one match ban methinks.

• hibbit

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:07 AM

lesh dont mind what you call me

• Jib

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:08 AM

When posting that Cardiff line-up I had forgotten Ritchie was on a one-matcher – he’s probably an auto-select.

• one fine day

Nov 25, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Jib
    Good job I have Colback on the bench if that’s the case.

• Tsunki

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM

It’s Rafas to throw away I’m afraid Owen – you’re no Phil Brown!

• Tsunki

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM

What kind of hat is that Owen Wears?

• Tsunki

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM

I hope it’s his warm one.

• JamesToon

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM

I think Rafa will go with this (yes I know Rafa bingo doesn’t start yet)

Darlow

Colback
    Diame
    Atsu
    Mitrovic

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Can someone please explain to JT, I don’t seem to be getting through.

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:36 AM

Bingo line up.

Darlow

Yedders Lascelles Clark Dummett

Shelvey Colback

Ritchie Diame The Gouff

Gayle

Going for an optimistic 4-0 win because we’re flying and they ain’t. Howay the Lads.

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:44 AM

Very difficult to even give Blackburn a fighting chance in this game. In the past I would be punished for that by us losing, but those days are long gone imo. Our previous soft underbelly appears to have grown some armour plating under the almighty Rafa (Bill praise him) and I can see us comfortably sweeping them aside. Reckon an early goal might be key to big win, so the sooner we score the better. Their best player last season can’t establish himself with us this season, which says a lot.

• JamesToon

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM

JFA

Relax mate

• JamesToon

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:49 AM

There you go JFA looks like you need to explain to bobbybee too!

• JamesToon

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM

1-0 win, Perez with the winner

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM

Looks like my new phone has me worked out already. Just need to put the word bingo in and the players start appearing on auto select for me. 🙂 Gave the notion of selecting Hanley a seconds thought, but don’t think Rafa is high on sentiment when winning games.

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Just the one James? Best of luck with the bingo but I don’t want a 1-0 mate. I thought I was being conservative with four. 🙂

• Ron Knee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM

“This is my ninth Premier League season and I want 10 with Palace,” said Pardew, who took over in January 2015.

“A win would make our position look clearer and take the pressure off of us. I’m an experienced manager and I have been in this situation before.”

Many a true word!

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Ron, Master of the understatement or what? 🙂 He was there virtually every season with us Ffs, bar when we finished fifth. Definitely job on the line time for Pardewed and it ain’t looking good for him.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:04 PM

James Toon,
    It is after Ed has posted his line up which he has and two hours before kick off which it isn’t yet. Probably the most simple rules of any game every invented except heads or tails.

• JamesToon

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Bobbybee,

Haven’t had a 1-0 win in a while just feel like that’s what it will be on Saturday! Hope we smash them though!

• hibbit

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:08 PM

looking forward to that day Bobby the mans a fraud

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM

James, we don’t do 1-0 at home anymore mate, we’ve moved on from that. Minimum of two nowadays 🙂 Anyway, I’ll take that because the three points are really all that matters, but I’m hoping to be royally entertained on Saturday, with a hatful of goals. Somebody this season is going to get battered at SJP – by six at least. Mind you, QPR are yet to come up here…

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM

ten to one on breaking Readings record mmm

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Hibbett, I think his days are already numbered mate, unless he can put a winning streak together quickly. He must be running out of excuses already and the fan base ain’t overly impressed anymore – that honeymoon finished a long time ago!

• Pavel is a geordie

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Can I ask why this will make it 10 wins in a row for the first time in our history? What about the season we went up under Keegan? Did we lose a cup game during the first 10 league wins?

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Jail, that’s starting to look like good odds there. From what we’ve seen so far – which includes all the Championship games on TV I’ve watched – there really isn’t much to worry about. Got a sneaky feeling Birmingham might be come into the play off places, but all that’s below where we want to stay. Ten to one is very tempting.

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Panel, I think we drew one with Mansfield of all clubs, which kept us unbeaten but spoiled the winning streak. Someone will correct that if I’m wrong, but I think that’s the difference.

• Budge123

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Jail who are those odds with?

• Bobbybee

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Panel? Sorry Pavel, my phone insists on telling me what I want to write!