Hull 1 Newcastle 1 – Penalty Shoot Out – Video

We hope Rafa has our players doing some penalty practice before Friday night just in case we get a penalty on Friday night at Nottingham Forest.

We were simply hopeless tonight in the penalty shoot-out.

Warning for Newcastle fans – this can be dangerous to your health.

• gaz 44

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Played really well but up against two premier league centre halves shows how far we gotta come.. once went to pens felt there was one winner

• RUNAWAY777

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:27 PM

R.I.P. to them young footballers who lost there life’s in that plane crash

• manxpie

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:27 PM

worst penalties i’ve ever seen

matty still waiting mate wat good did lazaar do?

• manxpie

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:30 PM

i’m actually thinking rafa said for them to fusk them as they were so easy
    if only ritchie and mitro were on

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM

Manx,
    I was disappointed with Lazaar tonight, but he can’t adapt unless given game time to adapt. The different (and unpopular) question is, did Rafa get it wrong in thinking he was up to it? Times on his side, but for me he doesn’t look a solid full back in a flat back 4, which is our current system.

OT,
    No need to apologise for dragging me in. Rafa got it wrong both games. We all make mistakes. Learn from them and move on. Rafa may tear strips out of them, but he will also help them realise what the problems were.

Tonight was poor, if Blackburn was worse, then that is a worry, but players have been written off on the basis of the Blackburn game. We would barely be able to put out a first team if we continued that trend tonight. One good game doesn’t make someone you dislike a good player, but one bad one makes them atrocious.

Horrendous accident. By all accounts the pilot did what he could to save people. Really tragic end to what was an incredible story. Well, hopefully not the end. Great gesture from Atletico Nacional to ask for the trophy to be awarded to Chapecoense rather than themselves.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

Do I really want to watch this video????

• Termijn

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

With the way Gayle had been shooting all night I could tell he was gonna miss as soon as he stepped up. Similarly Gouffran I wouldn’t be confident with taking a pen.

• gaz 44

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM

I’ll put it out there as Marty ain’t .. lazaar looked half decent today, nothing spectacular but apart from getting himself caught out too forward didn’t do anything too bad.. hardly played all season I was relatively impressed however I don’t get the criticism of dummet.. ever game I watch the only threat only ever looks like coming down the other wing to dummet. He’s solid. I remember ferguson saying about Dennis Irwin (I don’t remember exact quote) but was something like he’s average but he’s average every week and that’s what teams need

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Lil
    I cannot get my heed around when Gayle plays we pump in cross after cross
    Mind you it was also a waste of time last Saturday as Mitro didn’t,t challenge for one ball in the air – to busy watching the opposition players.
    If we are going to persist in lobbing crosses into the box then you have to play Murphy
    Even Murphy and Gayle for the knock downs