Forest Game Could Be Another Banana Skin For Newcastle

One of Newcastle’s best buys last summer was 21 year-old Isaac Hayden for £2.5M from Arsenal and not only is this lad a terrific footballer in the making but his attitude and temperament are simply first class; it’s great to have him at the club.

Isaac played in the last two games – both defeats – with Jack Colback having a problem with his eye.

So one question for Rafa Benitez at his 1:00 pm press conference today will be if Jack is fit to play tomorrow night at Nottingham Forest.

isaac hayden

Isaac Hayden in action for Newcastle

It usually happens for some strange reason that when you have a long winning streak and it’s broken the next game is sometimes a dodgy one too, and so it proved on Tuesday night when Newcastle had every chance to beat Hull City in the League Cup but didn’t.

We threw away a terrific opportunity to be playing Manchester United in the semi-final in the two-legged tie when we lost 3-1 on penalties.

That’s all over now and the lads must concentrate on what looks like another tough match at the City Ground tomorrow night.

Issac Hayden has been speaking today in the Chronicle:

“The good thing about football is there’s always an opportunity to bounce back quickly.”

“This cup game was unfortunate, and a bit frustrating on our part to concede almost straightaway after scoring the goal.”

“We maybe need to show a bit more control there.” “But that can happen, it happened, it went to penalties and we lost.”

“I was trying to prove myself against the lads who were playing ahead of me last season.” “It’s always good for me to try to show what I can do. I gave it 100% and I left it out on the pitch.”

“They’re all tough games in the Championship,”  “The Blackburn match was tough too. This is exactly the same.”

“They don’t come easy, and we need to regroup now.”

With 90% thinking we would beat Blackburn last Saturday and 75% thinking we would beat Hull on Tuesday night – confidence has drained and only about half think we can win tomorrow night.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Nottingham Forest?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

We would be over the moon if can get 3 points at Forest.

• Jib

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:05 PM

I think Benitez has the team spirit so right that I feel confident in predicting a good smacking for Forest.

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM

It’s a win for me. Forest will feel the backlash of anger at our throwing away the Hull game due to poor final approach play.

I’m not down with the whole Rafa is Not That Great crowd and others who are trying and succeeding to earn their Masters in Applied Nuggetry. Benitez is handling the team according to the individuals he’s got, the schedule of games, the expectations of the fans and the Board, and ultimately with the endpoint, promotion, as a must – do.

This is not an expensive Premier League team floundering unjustly in the championship. It’s an assembled-for-purpose championship squad bought inside a tight sales to purchase budget. It will accomplish the purpose, and hopefully do it without all the wailing and crying about how we didn’t win the odd match.

• Jib

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:28 PM

If we’d beaten ‘ull we would have 2 games against Man U taking our total games post Xmas to Feb 1 to 10 – without Shelvey – and the 3 “B”‘s away – Blackburn Brentford and Brighton

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Belfast // Dec 1, 2016 at 11:44 AM

I think Shelvey will definitely get banned. Well from what I read last night he’s claiming mitigating circumstances – which to me sounds like he’s admitting it happened but claiming he was abused first. It might be a shorter ban though.

I don’t think I can ever remember the f.a charging anyone with an offence and them getting off with it.

And let’s face it – (But he called me this first) Isn’t really much of a defence.

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Sorry about the re-post but it’s probably the longest one I’ve ever done Haha

It’s was worth one more repeat at least.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM

I reckon we’ll bounce back to beat Forest could be a tough game though, Lansbury will need watching.

Will Hughes would be a brilliant signing.

Darlow and Lascelles have to be worth £30m plus now.

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Would be great if Pokat could pop on and completely agree.

• Jib

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Belfast

It’s was worth one more repeat at least.

It wasn’t – really

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I voted for a draw myself, although I always vote for a draw to be fair, but this time I actually believe it will be.

They score plenty of goals but they are pretty poor at the back.

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM

2-2 and shut up Jib.

• manxpie

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Could be the mitigating circumstance was he called him a baldy so and so first which is a slur on a medical condition which is discrimination as well
    2 wrongs and all that but I imagine shelvey will be telling them how much abuse he has had to put up with over the years so might get a shorter ban

• Belfast

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Yeah probably a 3 game ban and sent one one of those courses that Ed would like to send Jib on Manxpie.

• manxpie

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Plus if th fa had any sense they’ve just had a 2 week international break to get things sorted so taking 2 months to charge him was ridiculous

• Lindisfarne

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Burn the Forest

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Tsunki,
    If you’re flatly refusing to become a Rafa is not that great party member then you have to beome a member of the sickening regime apologists group, there’s no middle ground, one or the other old bean.

• manxpie

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Haha there might be a poll on it soon Belfast
    problem is tho the minimum ban is 5 so not sure they’ll change it so will probably say it would have been 8
    At least the other fella won’t get away without people knowing Wat he said

• Tsunki

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Jail – what? No fence to sit on?

🙂

• Slank

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Newcastle United are in the headlines in all media about child abuse except, as far as I can tell, any blog regarding the club and no mention from the club itself.

Whilst it appears the allegations refer to when the club was in previous ownership I’m very surprised by the lack coverage by the club and the various blogs.