Wigan 0 Newcastle 2 – Video Highlights For Overseas Fans

It’s not a great video but it’s one that works from Sky Sports and plays around the world – unlike some of the other videos.

Here are the highlights – two very good goals from Diame and Atsu to win the game tonight, but it wasn’t easy.

• Tsunki

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:51 PM

For the benefit of YMFB , Famous Grouse isn’t Whiskey. It’s not Whisky either. It’s sump degreaser.

• manxpie

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:52 PM

manxpie // Dec 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM

yeah i read that actually 6+ mill lol
    still unbelievable that he is the highest standing british manager getting plaudits for entertaining football
    but people worrying that we can’t compete with the current squad should take joy from that as we have rafa

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:02 AM

Belfast never even posted a team for QPR, he’s banned for life.

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Tsunki

Young magpie’s not a whisky/ whiskey buff but if the lad likes Grouse, his taste’ll mature to the point where he’ll be looking to the likes of Yamazaki to chew on.

And Young mag, your posts aren’t tripe I was referring to the fact that you seemed unaffected, by your tipple – then.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Idek what that means Tsunki. 🙁

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:07 AM

My tipple? Sorry, what’s that a reference to? I’m not a huge alcohol fan, but recently it’s helped me out a little.

• edtheduck

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:14 AM

That is wonderful just for the subtitles! Was watching on a dodgy internet connection back here in Vancouver. Thought we were OK, should have pushed for second earlier but job done.

• manxpie

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:17 AM

haha williams for everton doing the love celebration!!
    what do swansea fans think of that?……… welsh??

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:29 AM

I like ten year old Talisker storm.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:35 AM

Lesh…. How’s your tipple this evening?

• Belfast

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:38 AM

Should definitely try the domestos shots youngmagpie. Through the eye gives me the best buzz.

• Belfast

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Gargling some tcp in the same motion for maximum effect.

• Belfast

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:41 AM

I’m proud of my ban Jail. I shall wear it like a medal. Thanks.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Belfast,
    It’s not just a ban, you have been erased from the annals of bingo history.

• SPRINGY

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM

not exactly sure what im getting into with this convo as i’ve not read previous..but i like a bottle of ardbeg or glenmorangie…..older the better!lol………gritty performance tonight,not pretty but effective.

• SPRINGY

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:53 AM

that video subtitles are quite funny tbh

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM

Springy,
    I’ve just ordered a bottle of Laphoraig, looking forward to opening that tomorrow.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:56 AM

Jib’s missus has been told by her doctor that she can no longer touch anything alcoholic so she’s asked for a divorce.

• Belfast

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM

I’ve got a Bingo Asbo! Haha

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM

Remember lads this Xmas not to be tempted to drink and drive. You might hit one of them speed bumps and spill it.

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM

Bettys

It’s been G&Ts again tonight. I do like an Islay malt but my good lady’s not keen – she reckons it makes me argumentative! I say it doesn’t, she says it does, I say it…..

Jail

I’ve never tried Talisker Storm yet but can live with its, some say, acquired taste.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM

Jail….. You can consider yourself lucky in life if the whisky you drink is older than the woman you’re sleeping with.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:09 AM

Leah……. Always remember that alcohol helps to remove stress, a bra, panties and many other problems.

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:13 AM

Lost post…….

Jail, I meant to say I can live with bog standard Talisker after a few of which, I feel properly sanitised. 😀

Bettys

Naughty post about the age of Jail’s malts.

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:15 AM

Bettys

Crikey, you’ve got a good memory.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:19 AM

Jail

5 points on the score stick for me please. Needed another 3 goals for a bonus however.

MOM was a tough one tonight, I didn’t think we had a stand out player but I went for Shelvey for his total contribution.

Was it just me but did anyone else think that every time the ball went loose it seemed to go to a Wigan player, nowt to do with work rate either as our lads probably covered a lot more ground.

Diame was a contender and if he keeps improving he’ll be the player that Sissoko thought himself to be.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:21 AM

Nowt to beat a good Bourbon imo

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:21 AM

Bettys

When I first came across this Blog about a couple of years before Ashley landed, I remember having a chuckle at the names of some of the posters. Yours was one along with Clint’s.

Who else of that vintage are still posting under whatever names they’re using now?

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Ah, Essex

You’ve sobered up have you. Late on parade – you’ll be on a charge.

And it looks as though Jib’s with us (ish).

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:31 AM

Lesh……. I don’t know there aren’t many of the old guard left with their original monikers from what I can gather. It’s hard to keep up with the multiples for me. I don’t really care if the team keeps winning and we can have a laugh.

• SPRINGY

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:33 AM

jail
    cant say ive tried that,seen the bottles like…..ardbeg is very peaty but a nice drink…….bought a 80 quid bottle of douglas for my fatha….aptly named douglas and that was a canny drop as well…..spirit of choice when out and a about in bars would be jack daniels.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Lesh…… There was a horse racing syndicate a few years ago who were just out for a bit of craic. As the jockey club who govern racing are real old school, stiff upper lip establishment the lads registered a few race horses using spoonerisms. They had Bettyswallocks and Mary Hinge and a few others. Imagine the embarassment when the jockey club realised. They now have a panel specifically to prevent such impropriety. That’s where I nicked the name from.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:04 AM

Lesh

Been tied up with xmas stuff, which did as it happen involve a certain amount of alcohol. 🙂

Late tonight as I had friends around and had to wait to watch the match recorded.

Quite like the old JD myself.

Recently bought a couple of bottles of Adnams own brew whiskey type spirits, haven’t tried them yet but a friend recommended them, will comment on them after I do try them.

Better get to bed as I have to be up earlyish tomorrow.

Great win last night another coming up this weekend.

• lesh

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:18 AM

Springy

You’re a man after me own heart. Ardbeg, Bowmore and Lagavulan………. Mmmnmm

Betty

William Spooner’s got a lot to answer for in Mary Hinge if the Cockey Jlub had to set up a committee to vet names.

• cyprus

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Ed,
    Even two Ritchies could only get 6 votes in your poll. A couple of those votes should be fir Gayle 🙂

But, this is why we are doing fine. Those two have been among our best players. Off night, someone else steps forward. E.g. Diame.

• Obertans_on_roids

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:19 AM

Clarke man of the match all day long.

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:35 AM

I’m more of a rum man myself and tbh good old Havana 7 does the trick.

There’s a Havana 25 gold label that’s pretty lethal and one particular barman called alexi in holguin squared me away with a few bottles to bring home.

Crack them open at chrimbo.

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:42 AM

As many have already said regarding the game lastnight.
    It was a gritty no frills away win. We did what was needed and came away with the points.

I will say that I thought the first half was better than the second. Fair play to Wigan they came out and at least tried to have a go which affected our second half performance and Shelveys in particular.

Thought Hayden was immense and Shelvey again orchestrated play for us. Ritchie and the goof were quiet (Ritchie’s been quiet for a good few weeks) and Diame shown what he is capable of so I just hope after his brum showing and lastnights that we get to see him really kick on from here.

Hwtl
    Hwtf

• hibbit

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:51 AM

clean sheet 3 points one more step on our journey back to the premiership
    not pretty but a good nights work none the less

• Average_Contents

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:51 AM

Must be international break again….