Report – Newcastle Interested In Signing Another French Winger

L’Equipe are reporting in France today that Newcastle are after 21 year-old Angers winger Nicolas Pepe, who has one full cap for the Ivory Coast.

Who would have believed Newcastle are after another French winger – or at least one  born in France with Nicholas’ parents being of Ivory Coast descent.

Nicholas has elected to play for the Ivory Coast and won his first cap last month in a 0-0 friendly game against France.

Nicholas Pepe – 21 year-old French-born winger

There are other clubs other than Newcastle said to be interested in signing the forward and they include Juventus, Lille, Monaco and Roma and they have all had scouts watching the player recently.

Pepe joined Angers in 2013 from Poitiers FC and this season he has made 17 appearances with 2 goals and one assist.

The player who can play on either wing and has played 25 times in total for his club with 2 goals and one assist after making his debut in November 2014 against Ajaccio.

Newcastle have been listed as being interested in at least 14 players in the January transfer window – but whether any of them are ones Rafa Benitez will actually sign next month is anybody’s guess.

• MadisonToon

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:48 PM

I think Hayden played as well as Diame did and it’s a shame he didn’t get a nod for ToTW. Darlow also had a good game, but probably not enough to get ToTW honors for this one. Anyone else that people think should have made it into the ToTW?

• lochinvar

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Mais non or Mais oui ?

• Munster Mag

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Rotunda I’m always surprised at how you have consistently misinterpreted my posts over many years. I can’t be bothered repeating my position on pardew. As u know I think he’s a jerk and I like him losing. I had him down as below Average /below mid table. I think I was being generous to him. :). As for Rafa, I wudnt be the only fan to find him Conservative in nature. That said, I’d hate to lose him. I mean, is that not clear enough? I do feel that hughton is making more of his squad given the relative talent of both. Surely that’s clear as well. Not having a go here…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:32 PM

He’d be another one off to the AFCON I assume so I doubt he’d be a January signing.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Munster are you saying Rafa (all hail him) isn’t perfect?

• Jib

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Kevin Mbabu is on holiday in Miami (Swiss winter break)
    In an interview with Blick a Swiss football magazine , his closing comments are interesting.
    “I want to push myself and play more.” And then back to Newcastle, where his contract runs until 2018? “I do not think so. My focus is on Young Boys ”

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Madison

TOW should have included.

Darlow
    Anita Lascelles Clarke Dummett
    Hatden Shelvey
    Ritchie Gouffron
    Gayle

Although people might think I’m a little biased.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Dunno how Hatden keeps getting into my teams,

• Tsunki

• Tsunki

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:50 PM

😀 😀 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Jib

Can’t say I blame him, hasn’t had a lot of luck with us.

I could see him doing very well with YB and at some point a big move to some where like RM, Bayern or Barca.

• matt11_25

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:11 PM

“..my focus is on Young Boys..” time to rethink that club name i think

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Not being funny an’ all but isn’t a French player born in the outskirts of Paris but electing to play for Ivory Coast akin to an English player born in the home counties electing to play for Northern Ireland? Don’t make me say it. 🙂

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:10 AM

Crystal Palace who are three points off relegation are managed by a certain Mr Pardew, an average, no sorry, slightly below average PL manager. What’s going wrong there? That lousy club is dragging him down!

They need a Benitez type manager to sort them out. Better still a Hughton, that would be the ticket!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:18 AM

Tsunki

Ah now I get it, it’s not AP who’s at fault it’s the cr^p clubs he’s been managing. Obvious when you think about it.

• Jimmy……Jimmy……Jimmy Smith

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:22 AM

I think that keeping Palace out of the bottom third is an achievement. They can throw money at it, but they’ll never attract a full squad of top hungry players. If he had them mid table, you’d have to say he’s done well. Relegation would be a failure, and keeping them up, a decent effort. but even then, after two to three seasons of patchy form, he’d be likely to go.

• Big Archie

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:10 AM

We need to beef up in January for August.

Do it now and have a team that has played together come the Prem.

Shout out for my mate the Old Geordie Geezer who is just launching his new Youtube channel

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Saturday 17.45 live on Sky Sports 1

Birmingham City vs Brighton and Hove Albion

Gianfranco Zola’s first game in charge.

We’ll have played Burton Albion by then (a possible banana skin).

Will the Birmingham squad be keen to impress their new boss or be ticked off at the unfair sacking of Gary Rowett.

The plot thickens