Is This The Starting Eleven For Burton Albion?

Jack Colback is back in training after his eye injury has cleared up so we would expect Jack to be on the bench tomorrow, but maybe it’s a little early to start him in the game, but all being well Jack should get a run-out tomorrow.

Rafa shocked us all on Wednesday night at Wigan when he kept the same starting eleven in successive games for the first time this season, but he is likely to make some changes for tomorrow – but not too many.

Nigel Clough – Burton manager

Here’s the side he could start tomorrow at the Pirelli Stadium:

Darlow
Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Lazaar
Shelvey Hayden
Atsu Perez Gouffran
Gayle

That’s four changes from Wigan with Yedlin, Lazaar, Atsu and Perez coming into the side.

What would your side be for tomorrow?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Burton Albion?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Wow, bus just missed me there! 🙂

It’s been said many times before every game we’ve played that it would be a tough one and a potential banana skin.

Apart from the NF debacle and the Blackburn misjudgment we haven’t really slipped up yet, don’t expect us to against Burton either.

Murphy seemed to be in quite a few of the training pics. possible starter?

• Tsunki

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Jib – it was a jest at the pathetic nature of vote lists and the people who vote on them, myself included of course.

As for having the Internet in Burton, that is well documented. As is the fact you are a snide weasel.

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:39 PM

I am hoping Mitro gets a start and a bit worried about reports that Crystal Palace and West Ham are sniffing around him, looking for possible transfer in Jan. I like the big Serb and would be saddened to see him leave or languish too long on the bench and lose the confidence he had built up prior to the Blackburn match… 🙁

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Essex
    The Burton pitch is likely to be like Wigan’s was on Wednesday.
    Perhaps Rafa may feel that was one of the reasons Gayle hardly got a touch and is thinking a big handful like Murphy would have more luck on a ploughed field.

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I see Curtis Good played and scored again in 2-3 U23 game at Stoke. Maybe he is finally fit and can stay that way for a spell…

• hibbit

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:01 PM

chicousa
    are you suggesting dropping the leagues top scourer to play mitro

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Hibbit,
    Yep! I am thinking time for a bit of Rafa squad rotation!

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:06 PM

hibbit
    You seen Gayle clean those pans ?
    Man he gets them gleaming
    😀

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:08 PM

The member from California is right.
    If Burton has a sticky pitch Mitro or Murphy could be the way to go.

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:11 PM

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Jib,
    Yes, we California folk are all too familiar with fires….and so we like our strikers to be “on fire”!

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Just on what selection hints may and may not be gleaned from the team training pix.
    What they will show is the first team training.
    Photographers, dealing in images as they do, will print a selection of the best images, whoever happens to be in them. Unless a particular player is newsworthy in a particular week, when a special effort might be made to capture them in training.
    Not sure how qualified or concerned they are with trying second guess the manager’s selection.
    That’s just my view based on years of experience. Nowt compared to a blogger with a vivid imagination trying to appear in the know.

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM

I’ve just seen Pardew’s presser he’s pretty much saying
    “We are going to get stuffed off of Chelsea please don’t sack me ‘cos Chelsea are unbeatable”

• Mister Tuff

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:13 PM

The head groundsman at Burton must be a farmer for him to prepare the pitch like a ploughed field.
    Seems to fly in the face of the the head groundsman receiving several awards for the quality of his pitch.
    Fact!

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:23 PM

EGB

The “training pics” are largely taken by a pool photographer from an agency and maybe a guy from the Chronicle with a wary eye on his noon appointment to snap the Coca-Cola truck arriving at the MetroCentre.
    The freeze their balls off waiting to snap 10 minutes of the team mincing about for the cameras. It’s a few moments PR.
    Rafa never (ever, ever) says’s “Hey Raoul (sticks tongue in cheek and gives a big wink while elbowing him in the ribs) get a few shots of Murphs marra, he’s starting on Saturday.”
    Only a CHILD would believe that.
    If Murphy starts on Saturday, it won’t because the club was is keen to send subliminal messages to Jib.

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:35 PM

• lochinvar

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Rafa bingo – haven’t had a go for awhile because I’m not very good at it but you never know, another wild selection here ?
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Lazaar
    Shelvey Colback
    Atsu Diame Gouffran
    Mitro

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Don’t think I haven’t thought that at least three of the four people in apparently breathless thrall to your infantile imaginings aren’t also you.

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Rafa bingo confirmed lineup:
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummitt
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Diame Atsu
    Mite

• chicousa

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Mite? Mitrovic!!!

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I’m going for 1-1 draw, i think it’s going to be one of those games again, hope I’m wrong though.

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:54 PM

I post pics of the team training , laughingly suggesting we might get hints of Rafa’s thoughts for Jail’s bingo.

It’s a laugh and very tongue in cheek.

A hark back to when folk used to read all sorts of things into what John Gibson used to print in the Chronic

You know the way footy used to be.

Althouhgh come to think of it you probably haven’t got a clue .

Please – please – please take your bi-polar issues elsewhere.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:56 PM

How many blog alter-egos am I known to have?
    Compared say, to you?

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM

BandB

At least wait until tonight to start drinking and then come on here.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Bullseye welsh,

You got me again 🙂

• Jib

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:04 PM

welshie
    You realise you are probably me !

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:05 PM

BandB

Never a dull moment when you are on here.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Jib

I don’t know if i should take that as an insult or a compliment.

Ha ha ha

• AncientC

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:06 PM

“w[sic]elshgeordie
    At least wait until tonight to start drinking and then come on here”.

Check your watch, Einstein.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Of course not.
    Welshie was just Jeff’s little princess, and now he’s Jib’s.
    Nothing to see here.

How bad must things be to be constantly reduced to the same two witless taunts by someone who is apparently drunk all day?

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Could be worse jib, there could be two of me and you on here, think they will all quit the blog then.

Ha ha ha

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Wasn’t that always the plan?

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Sorry Sherlock, not everyone starts their drinking early.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:13 PM

BandB

No that’s not the plan, I don’t hate anyone on the blog.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Hoping for a draw tonight.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Welsh

If I did drink, which I can’t, I reckon I could flush away all but one brain cell and still be smarter than you.

• welshgeordie9

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Off to watch the darts before she goes off on one, don’t like it when my dream woman is in a bad mood.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:16 PM

As it is, I keep three alight when posting at night , one for me, and one each to outwit you and Jib.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Jib

Comment 22

I do of course get that, obviously not everyone does.

My suggestion re. Murphy is possibly a bit of Rafa (all hail him) bingo misinfo to see how many pick him.

Actually I might even pick him myself now, that’s the child in me coming out.

• BandB

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:25 PM

I’m going to do you a favour here Essex and spare you a mighty blog kill. Cos I like you
    Unlike Jib and Welsh, you have a childlike inability to spot a missed bus coming.