Doubts Surround Newcastle’s Shock Move For Midfield Target

There’s some intriguing news today that Newcastle have been given permission to talk to 26 year-old midfielder Henri Lansbury of Nottingham Forest, who is out of contract in June, so he could come at a cut price next month.

The news is an exclusive report in WD Sport which has all the news on Watford FC and they are reporting that both Watford and Newcastle United are interested in the central midfielder who will be a free agent in the summer.

Henri Lansbury – free agent in the summer

The news is that both clubs have been given permission by Forest to talk to the player and that Watford have already held discussions with Lansbury.

The report is that they hope  playing in the Premier League for the Hornets would be a bigger attraction than playing for world-class manager  Rafa Benitez in front of 50,000 crowds at St. James’ Park.

Lansbury is the guy who got two penalties for Nottingham Forest in that ridiculous game at the City Ground when two of our players – Jonjo Shelvey and Paul Dummett – were sent off for fouls on the former Arsenal youngster.

We play Nottingham Forest tonight, but Henri is out injured and will not play in the game.

He is a good player, but it would be a little strange if Rafa made a move for him after he severely criticized the player’s antics after the game and even suggested the FA could take retroactive action against him.

The Shields Gazette are reporting this morning he is not a target and that Rafa has other central midfield players he is pursuing for next month and Lee Ryder of the Chronicle tweeted this out this morning.

We always thought Henri was a good player when he was being loaned out to a number of clubs by Arsenal from 2009, before he finally signed on at Forest in 2012.

That was a four year deal but Lansbury signed a new three-year improved contract with Forest in 2014 and that runs out next June.

The lad’s a good player but if we signed him Rafa would need to get Henri and Jonjo together and have them sign a peace treaty.

🙂

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Nottingham Forest?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Thump

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:35 PM

I’d be happier signing Nigel De Jong.

• posada

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Jail

Yedlin has started 8 league games. Atsu 5.
    Count them as a 1/2 each.
    Total still adds up to 6.
    Rotation.
    What rotation.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM

• Toonfan8

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Jail for Ashley
    yes I have seen every match that season and number of them more then once. I dont enjoy it because of Pardew, yes I know we were crying then that Santon should play over R.Taylor and such a things, but I enjoyed HBA, Cabaye, Demba Ba, Tiote, Collo and Cisse that half season, if you look back then we dont have such playmaker like Cabaye (now we have Shelvey, but he is no at his level yet), we dont have striker like Demba Ba since then, who score a goals and was always threat for defenders and we do not have player like HBA, magician. Collo that season was superb also, so in a few words, yes I enjoyed it. Maybee another manager with that sort of players would do more, but I think we overachieved, because we had players like Simpson,Williamson, R.Taylor, Shola Ameobi and they played a part that season…

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:40 PM

71Bobbybee // Dec 30, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Anyway, my team for tonight. Not too early I assume.

Darlow

Yedders Lascelles Clark Dummett

Colback Hayden

Ritchie Diame Atsu

Gayle.

My personal preference would be 4-4-2 with Gayle and Mitro teaming up, but I’m being realistic. Rafa doesn’t do 4-4-2 sadly.
    I think they’ll park the bus, so we need Atsu to go past defenders. If Rafa plays The Gouff, then Atsu ahead of Ritchie, who’s loss of form is puzzling. Perez can go home as far as I’m concerned and come back next season when we’re in the PL. Like to see young Roberts given a go, but Rafa likes experience. Still expect a comfortable win, so 3-0 for my bonus point.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM

The season we finished fifth was a roller coaster ride really. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it’s fair to say we won some games more by luck than judgement. (I could still manage away games then, which makes a difference anyway.) I’m still not sure how we won some of those if I’m honest. 🙂 We definitely punched above our weight that season. One of Pardew’s greatest seasons ever probably. Has he ever finished higher? Followed naturally by a disastrous run, true to form. In mitigation, we failed to invest the following season and suffered for it. Let’s hope those days are behind us now Rafa holds the reigns.

• Toonfan8

……mitrovic,gayle…………

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:54 PM

YounearlyforgotJIB’s cat

• Belfast

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Can’t see it happening but It would be funny to see Lee Ryder with egg on his face.

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM

There are 2 teams for tonight!
    The 1 we think we want to see and RAFA’s team!

RAFABingo team

Darlow
    Anita Lascalles Clark Dummett
    Hayden Colback
    Ritchie Diame Atsu
    Gayle

No Gouff- he’s no longer a serial winner!!

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM

For Jib you should show a duck with water running off its back. I really don’t think he cares less what people think and rightly so. Quite funny pics though. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Posada,
    They have still come off the bench which count as appearances, so he’s getting knocked by some for rotating but you think he’s not rotating enough?

• toontaff2

Diame in middle
    Mitro + Gayle
    butcan’t see it!

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM

And 6-0 for my bonus point/revenge

As someone pointed out was quiet 30 mins on Monday but surelyan incentive tonight to go crazy!

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Toontaff, same as mine except I’ve gone with Yedders for a more attack minded set up. Can’t see Forest coming at us, except for breaks. Need an early goal for sure or it could be a frustrating evening.

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Didn’t realise you had a stutter raff. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Taff, ffs. Not Raff.

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Anyway, gonna watch the darts. Relaxation before the game tonight. Wherever you’re watching or listening tonight, enjoy the game. HTL!!!!!

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Water of a duck’s back

• Bobbybee

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Taff’s gone quackers. Mmm, I’ll get me coat.

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:12 PM

I’ll settle for the score!!
    Not sure what goes when posting on blog, but spelling, punctuation and spaces go out the window! Now double posts!
    Never come on after match, as would be too happy/annoyed + too inebriated so would think I was talking bollox/Welsh! ToonRaff has a ring to it!

• toontaff2

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Quack Quack!!
    I’ll get me coat, too!

To be fair, JIB never takes any of my odd daft moments badly and the Blog would be less fun without him!

• Mickey G

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:18 PM

About Lainsbury. I would love him here. Great player with a suspect attitude that can be sorted out.
    Remember he is a big fish in the cesspool that is notts. forest at the moment and I think he would thrive here under Benitez.Barton was suspect but he quite often lifted the team and a lot of fans where sad to see him go,me included.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:20 PM

How’s today’s bus service, didn’t want to post till it had stopped.

Anyway I’ll take a chance.

I said before the NF game Lansbury would be worth trying to sign. Despite his antics I think he would be an asset to our team even if he did get booed ironically by the home crowd when he was playing.

Jail
    Rafa (all hail him) bingo

Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clarke Dummett

Anita Hayden

Atzu Diame Ritchie

Gayle

Bonus score 2-1 to us.

I think this will be a tough game as they are going to try and prove they can win with 11 men only.

Re-post imminent.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Been waiting for some one to post my bingo team to save me the bother and I thought you’d done it EGB but not quite, I’m giving Ritchie a rest/ kick up the ar$e tonight.
    Darlow

Yedlin Lascelles Clarke Dummett

Anita Hayden

Atzu Diame The Gouff.

Gayle

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Bonus score 5-0

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Mickey G,
    Aye, if you can put the top knot and theatrics to the back of your mind it might have been a good shout, like I said though he’d have to have a stellar debut to win the fans round.

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:32 PM

I’m surprised so many have Colback and Hayden playing together again mind.

• sing in the corner

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:37 PM

4-4-2 rumours sweeping the Internet!
    Could it be true?

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM

sitc,
    I think there’d be a wave of excitement if Mitro and Gayle started tonight.

• WWSBRD

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Jail
    Until we lost

• sing in the corner

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM

I think so too JfA, still think the more conservative but definitely a bit more creative than Owls game version will actually start ( Yedlin in, Vernon in the middle, Atsu start)

• Jail for Ashley

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:48 PM

WW…,
    Aye ha ha, then it would be what was he playing starting the pair of them after we won nine in a row with one up top.

• posada

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:18 PM

Jail
    At the end of the day he’s signed a lot of players that he does not use a lot.
    Always takes the defensive option. ie Anita over Yedlin.
    For Shef Wed we had no flare and no pace.
    4/2/3/1
    This normally involves fullbacks who can attack and have pace.
    If the FB does attack in normally involves the two midfielders covering incase they counter.
    Saw that as a problem against Wednesday. Every time they countered we looked in trouble.

• WWSBRD

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Jail
    Poor bloke can’t please everyone personally I’ll take the team he puts out over everyone wish list ones haha

• reilly