Transfer Target Places Doubts On Newcastle Move

Don’t believe everything you read during any transfer window is probably good advice and it’s coming from one of Newcastle’s transfer targets Alan Judge of Brentford.

Alan was linked last night to both Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion and of course we did almost sign the Brentford playmaker in August but pulled out.

Alan Judge – nobody has talked to me

But it seems Alan knows absolutely nothing about being wanted in January by anybody because nobody has contacted him yet.

Well – picky picky.

🙂

This is what Alan had put out on his Twitter account a couple of hours ago.

Alan is back in training again after recovering from the double fracture of his right leg he suffered at Ipswich Town in April and he hopes to be playing again by the end of the month.

His contract at Brentford runs out at the end of June.

He would be available for a nominal fee and although it would be a risk, we still think he would be a good signing for Newcastle.

What do you think?

Comments Welcome.

• G

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:28 PM

To be fair I’m not too sure what Rafa has seen in Judge to make him of interest, perhaps I haven’t seen enough of him, but he looks quite average to me.

• Australian Pie

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:28 PM

I would tell him to impress us over the next 6 months and we will take him up to the premiership on a good wage on a free

• G

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Rather surprised that the press haven’t linked us to Ravel Morrison now he’s been released by Lazio, apparently he’s been invited to train with Wigan.

• AncientC

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:33 PM

“Haven’t spoke to anybody regarding my future. So don’t believe everything u read”

That does not mean his club hasn’t. He will be spoken to once/if a fee is agreed.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM

I’d have thought we would have signed someone by now if he’s really going to.

Shelvey is only missing one more league game so getting a replacement isn’t so essential anymore, at least not in the short term.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:58 PM

My worry with Shelvey is him coming back and trying so hard he gets injured or sent off again

We really need players to take the creative burden off him imagine if we had a no 10 and a left winger making runs for him as well ?

I don’t think anyone expected Perez and Diame to struggle like they have so unless they have a good 2nd half of the season we need a replacement just incase!

• Belfast

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM

He’s free to speak to any club Ancient because his contract is up in six months. The club would probably speak to him first in this case and then Brentford if they really wanted him in this window. I think he was just pointing out that the press where full of crap to be honest,

• AncientC

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Belfast, I am aware he can speak to clubs. I was more angling at the fact his club will likely prefer a fee for him – as opposed to him walking in the summer.

• MadisonToon

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM

LCBP

I think we definitely need a number 10 to replace Diame/Perez especially for next season. They don’t really seem able to produce what we need from them and we’re in the Championship where they end up having lots more time on the ball than they would in the Prem. If they aren’t already at 10+ assists, then they aren’t going to be very impressive when we go up.

I am also surprised there have been no signings yet. I was hoping for one that caught us all off-guard to start the window but that’s probably me just being hopeful.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:21 PM

@MadisonToon

Yeah I thought this year would be the making of Perez but hes really struggled and I think its because teams are marking him out of the game and not giving him any time on the ball he gets 1 touch and then bang theres a defender snapping him straight away!

In the premiership teams are a bit more open and wont be parking the bus so he may get a little more room to play with

It probably doesn’t help that most of our attacks come down the right hand side we rarely spread the play or go through the middle plus with him and Gayle the ball keeps coming back as both get snapped the 2nd they get the ball

Also the expectation level has gotten to him and a few others this season struggling with the heavy shirt !

• Jib

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM

Rafas presser
    Rafa on transfers: “It’s not easy we had targets that could have been here but aren’t for different reasons.”
    “Mitrovic will play and start. Don’t worry about that.”
    “We are not interested in selling Mitrovic.”

• hibbit

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:25 PM

my pick of the names being put about for that number 10 spot would be Lansbury
    exactly what we need an aggressive in ya face goal scoring player who’s contract ends in the summer

• toonincheek

Jan 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM

I see a fundamental problem here.

We need an alternative to Shelvey to cover for injuries/rotation/whatever.

If we are looking for a replacement in the same mould,
    we will have a problem because such a player must know
    he will be second choice and get limited playing time.

Maybe better to develop an alternative game plan?