Mitrovic – Additional Examinations Necessary On Knee

Aleksandar Mitrovic was interviewed on  the Serbian web-site Blic Sport yesterday and the report also contained a rather gruesome picture of the knee injury the 22 year-old Serbian International striker picked up in the fifth minute of the game on Saturday at St. Andrews.

The FA Cup tie eventually ended in a 1-1 draw between Birmingham City and Newcastle, but Newcastle fans were concerned it could have been a season ending injury for the very popular Serbian.

The badly gashed left knee of Aleksandar Mitrovic

Aleksandar had this to say about the deep gashes in his knee and the first unofficial prognosis is that he could be available in three to four weeks but that more tests and examinations on the knee are still necessary just to make sure everything is OK.

Here’s what Mitro has said translated into English:

“The cut is not great, but I feel good.”

“Thank God, it looks like the ligaments and the knee are fine and that they were not badly injured.”

“However, I expect additional examinations, we have to be sure that there is no damage to the knee.”

“The first forecasts are that I will be able to play in three or four weeks.”  “The cut is just in an inconvenient spot.”

The Serbian International striker was injured in a collision with Birmingham goalkeeper Adam Legzdins during a goalmouth scramble, just before Daryl Murphy put the ball in the net for his first goal for the club.

The Birmingham officials stretcher Mitrovic off the field

There’s still no official word from Newcastle on Mitro’s injury although we could learn something later today from the club.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:17 PM

Ancient C……. What Jib doesn’t disclose and to his credit doesn’t boast about is that he is a regular contributor to the transfer fund. He likes to see the kitty maintained at around £100 mil. and regularly tops it up from his own pocket when there is a shortfall.

• G

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Looks like Mitro has had 2 mouths added to his leg. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

• RUNAWAY777

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:23 PM

A lot of people are saying mitro is soft would love see the reaction on there face with that deep gash on there knee that would have been blood all over thr place before the medical staff got to him no wounder the players where worried about him.

• G

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM

@3 I’m no wussy, but if that was me I would want something far stronger than Entonox.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Runaway

You should ignore those daft comments, probably find the same people would faint at a slightest hint of the sight of blood. 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Mitrovic is no wimp, totally agree with you guys, ouch that’s got to hurt.

• lesh

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Given the depth of the gashes on Mitro’s knee, he’s had one helluva knock to on his kneecap. That might just have sent him into shock (hence the oxygen), badly bruised him and damaged muscles, tendons and cartilage. One can only wonder how those who’ve labeled him soft would react

We don’t know the extent

• jayphoto

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:57 PM

@lesh – if that had happened to me, I’d be milking it so bad I’d be cashing in my life insurance and I’ve competed in MMA and boxing in earlier years!
    That’s one hell of a cut, can’t believe it happened on a football pitch!

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Hard luck for him really, was pretty vital for him to perform in the last match and he gets injured almost instantly, hes going to be out for 4-6 weeks most likely(?) in the mean time the club are looking at players

Ah well doesnt seem to be much going on transfer wise currently

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Rooney was out for two months with a similar type gash.

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:14 PM

Guys guys guys!!! I know it’s mostly advisable to skim over my posts, I know I would, but the other day I jibbed a link to a sports medicine page that states oxygen is required on-field therapy for trauma, not limited to breaks and dislocation but to all manner of things such as muscle tears and deep wounds. First assessment by meds on the pitch would mitigate both of the latter injuries, so it has nothing to do with shock as such or being a yellow lily livered whining big girls blouse of a pansy, as jib and blackley have suggested. Pay no heed to the utter tripe they cannot back up without wiki.

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:16 PM

Belfast @10 – that was a traumatic hair replacement op that was.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:16 PM

8jayphoto

How long did you do MMA for, my mate was a cage fighter a few years ago, started with karate and then Jujitsu.

• Bobbybee

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Back in the eighties I had both my kneecaps surgically removed due to them being shattered in a car crash. Looking at Mitro’s injury he’s likely to have even worse scars than I have. They are seriously nasty injuries and he can consider himself incredibly lucky that they weren’t a few centimeters lower of his kneecap could have been torn clean off. Amazing that people consider him a wimp for needing to be carried off on a stretcher. Like to see anybody walk on that knee without causing further damage – hence the stretcher. Footballers are people too and all the money in the world doesn’t make you less susceptible to pain or damage. Give him a break. (definitely no pun intended).

• RUNAWAY777

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Sure that keeper must have had blades on cause if it was studs the ref should be done as they check them before the match I my be wrong sure someone will tell us

• Bobbybee

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Sorry, few centimeters HIGHER. I was looking at it upside down! 🙂

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Has Mitro been getting slated for getting injured? Am a bit lost here

• RUNAWAY777

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:50 PM

WWSBRD

just some bloggers say he soft for needing oxygen and not getting up think I would need it if I look down at my knee too.

• hibbit

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:55 PM

WWSBRD
    3 guesses who the biggest culprit was ??

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:00 PM

RUNAWAY
    Ah right seems an odd thing to suggest but each to their own. I don’t think he’s particularly tough but not sure anyone would of reacted different to that injury

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:00 PM

hibbit
    Ah was mr google making a show of himself again?

• hibbit

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:04 PM

WWSBRD /
    got it in one !!!!!!

• G

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM

For the record, I may have even cried a bit, in a manly sort of way though, pretending theres something in my eyes.

• WWSBRD

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:09 PM

hibbit
    Surprised he was able to tbh thought he’d finally get banned but apparently pretending to know everything goes hand in hand with knowing nothing when called out

• RUNAWAY777

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Enjoy your nite lads off off out for a few .

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:14 PM

G – 🙂

That’s how I roll ha ha

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Have to confess I did skim over post #11.

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:25 PM

I always skim over that persons posts.

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:25 PM

I always skim over that persons posts.

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:28 PM

And me own.

• Mister Tuff

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Jib will be on shortly saying, whilst also working as a lecturer in Modern European History and as a lecturer in psychology (as he has stated on here previously), that he is also a part time surgeon at his local hospital and has treated many such injuries as Mitro’s.

• firebug666

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock have completed the loan signing of three Newcastle United youngsters.

England youth international Freddie Woodman, Sean Longstaff and Callum Roberts have all been snapped up by former Magpies midfielder Lee Clark, who is at the helm at Rugby Park.

The trio will spend the rest of the season at Killie, who currently sit 10th in the top flight north of the border, some three points off a place in the top half.

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM

The good news for Saturday is it looks like the lad Hogan may join West Ham by then.

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Probably not the best move considering their manager is on his last legs.

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Still working on timing I see Belfast. Practice practice practice!

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM

Of course the big problem that mitros injury presents is not the healing time but the drop in match fitness he will suffer. It’s becoming a long road back for the lad. Still there’s 20 odd games to go, never know Rafa might knock that murphy/mitro pairing out again….. M&M?

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:42 PM

I could teach you a thing or two……

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:43 PM

…….about……..

• Tsunki

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:43 PM

TIMING!

• Belfast

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM

I wish there was a block button in these times of strife.