Newcastle Still Want To Sign This Outstanding Young Player

The Northern Echo are reporting today that Newcastle are still keen on getting 20 year-old Paris-born left-back Cheick Keita to the club as one for the future.

The player is of Mali descent and he moved to French second division club Virtus Entella in the summer of 2014, when he was released by Monaco .

Newcastle were first said to be interested in the player over the weekend when it was first reported in The Sun that Rafa Benitez wanted to quickly sign the youngster.

20 year-old Cheick Keita – Newcastle interested in signing this player

Newcastle have been quoted a price of at least €2M for the 20 year-old and he would seem a decent signing for us.

Back-up left back Massadio Haidara is expected to leave the club this summer and our other left back Achraf Lazaar is more likely to be used as a left winger or left wing-back by Rafa Benitez.

Local lad Paul Dummett has held down the left back spot this season and the 20 year-old youngster would offer some competition in that position.

There would be low risk in Newcastle making this signing and that’s especially true if we can get promoted in May back to the Premier League.

Rafa would need to believe the lad can make the step up to the Premier League, but Keita has been getting rave reports and has been playing extremely well this season with some big clubs becoming interested in the player.

Keita has made 48 appearances in the Virtus Entella first team over  the last couple of seasons.

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Mmm, are you doing this deliberately Ed?

Martoon. My phone keeps telling me what I want to write, when I’m pretty sure I know exactly what I do want to write. (it just did it again but I spotted it this time). Maybe it will eventually learn that when I write Martoon, it’s because I want to write Martoon and not Marton. There, another thing that bugs me! ?

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Surely if he was outstanding Monaco wouldnt of released him…there certainly are some stretches made when commenting on reported transfer targets isnt ther. From what I read in the reports he’d also be developmental squad signing not first team competition

Also wheres the information coming from that Haidara is expected to leave and Lazaar is expected to be a winger?

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Paul Hogan to be signed later today. ‘That’s not a shin-pad, THIS is a shin-pad!’

• Tinman

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Bobbybee

Go into your Settings app and navigate to the General —> Keyboard section.
    Tap the button called “Add New Shortcut.”
    For both the Phrase and Shortcut, enter the word you want autocorrect to ignore.
    When you’re done, tap Save

• martoon

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Bobby – no worries. On the subject of our rant what infuriates me the most is I sit in the Sports Bar and you can pre-order your drinks for half time (like a theatre) so there is absolutely no need to leave early at half time to get to the bar yet many do it. I have father and his 2 sons (possible grandsons) who do what you described earlier but to really p*ss you off they sometimes leave a couple of minutes apart!!! I’m sure some of these people must miss nearly a quarter of the game!

• mad-serb

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Clubs are starting to circle around Keegan Dolly now that the dispute about his contract has been settled. How do I get a message to Rafa to have a look at the kid, much more worth than his 1.5 million buyaout clause even after it was changed from 900k. 2 French clubs already offered 1mil Olypiakos has met his previous buy out clause of 900k. He will go this month and can play on both wings, number 10 even played box to box. Better than some player we have been linked with for more than triple that amount.

Carr get your finger out you know what and give Rafa his dossier

• Tinman

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM

Last guy we signed from Monaco worked out well

• bettyswallocks

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:21 PM

I strongly disagree that the blog is better off in the absence of Jib and Jail.
    These two blog stalwarts put a lot of time into the blog , and as oppose to churning the same old discussion round and round wringing every last drop of conversation from an exhausted topic, at least they keep things interesting even though sometimes controversial.

It is easy enough to bypass posts that are of no interest so why try and get rid of people who have an alternative contribution to make.

• Tinman

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM

When I first used to use this blog about 8 years ago, you would hit refresh at any time of the day on any article and there would be 5-6 new comments.

Lost many hours back in the day

• Obertans_on_roids

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM

This is coming from the head and not the heart, but we have to sell Mitro and Ayoze. They are simply just not good enough no matter how much we want them to be.

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Tin man, thank you for that matey, very thoughtful of you. I’m getting on now and this techy stuff came at the wrong time in my life! 🙂 It changes so quickly it’s difficult to keep up sometimes. Just as I get used to one thing, something else replaces it. Good fun though, buy it helps when people like yourself lend a hand now and then. Nice one.

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:27 PM

betty
    I agree place isnt better off without Jail but Jeffery’s absence makes the place very much improved

• Tinman

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM

Bobbybee

All the best mate 🙂

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM

Obertan , Perez has been woeful this season, but I think I’d hang on until next season before pulling the trigger. I just don’t think the rough and tumble of the Championship suits his style of play. He gets knocked off the ball far too easily, but players are more protected in the PL and you get that split second extra time to play. He showed he can handle the PL OK but the Championship? Out of his depth. Even his body language is all wrong just now. Might be worth seeing how he goes next season. Shame like, because he showed a lot of potential.

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Bobby
    Perez was awful last season as well

• G

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:43 PM

@15, not many of the team from last year can come away with their heads held high really. Harsh to judge Perez on that one. I agree he hasn’t developed the way I would have liked. I would loan him out for a season then take another look when he comes back. A settled season elsewhere may be just what he needs?

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:46 PM

As far as Jib and jail go, I just hope they’re both OK and nothing untoward has happened to them. It takes all sorts to make up the blog and one man’s idea of funny might not be to the liking of others. Both have been regulars and offered more than some people football wise. It’s their choice to post or not, unless one or the other has been molded, but I certainly wouldn’t wish any ill will on anybody on here.

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:47 PM

G
    True but those who are still here from last season are improved Perez and Mitro have not

Really Perez has had his debut season where he looked like he could become great since then he’s been pretty awful

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Modded even 🙂

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Bobby
    I’ve not seen anyone wish either ill

• mad-serb

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:56 PM

jail and jib left the blog, when did this happen? You miss a couple of days and things chance quickly.

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:57 PM

WWSBRD, I didn’t say they had mate, I was just expressing my opinion on the situation. I’ve had my fair share of nasty digs re my situation, but I wouldn’t wish any ill will on any of them either. Just pointing out that for all we know, one of both could have had a nasty accident and that I hope that isn’t the situation.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Another slow news day

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Wonder if Sammy will get in the team this weekend against Brentford

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:03 PM

if jail was called away for work he could be anywhere in the world
    last post for him just before the blackburn game which he was going to !!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Seems to be a few missing, wonder if Ed has had a purge.

Will my comment appear?

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Shirebrook, more of a no news day marra, just the usual speculation about players we probably won’t sign or aren’t even looking at. Seriously, I hate this window. Ed could just as easily reprint the previous seasons posts and we’d not even notice. 🙂 Waiting for the Charlie stories to start, or Berahino to be linked again. Nobody really likes to sell in January and frankly it bores me to tears.

• WWSBRD

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Bobby
    Ah right I wouldn’t worry about it Jail works on oil rigs and often disappears and Jeffery is most likely banned for now

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM

What comment Bill? 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Bobby

Definitely is boring mate most stories are press regurgitated BS. Anybody would think it’s international break with how quiet it’s become on this blog. What is happening

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:14 PM

Shirebrook

Could see him in the squad.

• hibbit

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:15 PM

looks like there’s been a lot of banning orders!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Bobby, Oh no I’m invisible!!

Be able to make all the rude comments I want to. 🙂

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Bill

Rafa must see something that we haven’t in the lad

• Bobbybee

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:22 PM

WWSBRD, oil rigs have wi-fi though and he usually manages to post regardless of where he is; just unlike him to miss. Maybe he got arrested at the Blackburn game and remanded in custody 🙂 No Wi-Fi in Strangeways I imagine. Seriously though, I just hope neither has come to any harm.