Newcastle Linked With Impressive New Transfer Target

GOAL are reporting today that Newcastle United are interested in 25 year-old Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu, who currently plays for Bulgarian club Ludogorets.

The report is that Rafa Benitez is interested in the right winger who moved to Bulgaria from South America in the summer of 2015 for €2.2M.

Since then he has played 53 games for his club with a good 19 goals and 10 assists.

25 year-old Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu

This season he has been in great form for his club and starred in the Champions League.

In 28 games in all competitions he has scored 11 goals and has 7 assists and he’s been attracting a number of clubs, with Premier league Champions Leicester City are also reported to be interested in the 5ft 8ins tall Brazilian forward.

The transfer fee being mentioned for the player is around €8M which is about £6.9M with today’s exchange rate.

Goal have reported Cafu has recently managed to get a Bulgarian passport, which means there would be no trouble with him joining Newcastle.

It seems that Jonathan Cafu would be one for the summer for manager Benitez and of course if we were to go after him this summer we would need to get promoted back to the Premier League.

Rafa will have already talked to Managing Director Lee Charnley about potential transfer targets this summer – some of which will be players we cannot get to the club this month – like Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson – as one possible example.

Cafu usually plays on the right wing (he’s right footed) but he can also play on the left wing and up front as an out-and-out striker.

His contract at Ludogorets has another 18 months to run.

What do you think?

• Rotonda heights

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM

runaway

could you not do like your moniker and go and troll somewhere else with the endlessly miserable, whingeing garbage you keep peddling.

You’ve got this unenviable habit of bringing everyone down. In the summer we had more ins and outs than any other club in the league. if the right deal isn’t there this time round, walk away.

I could understand your nauseating bleating if we were struggling, but last time i looked we are top of the league , top scorers and have just won our first fa cup match in 5 years. But of course I forgot you would do so much better.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM

I’ll spare the repost which is a good read!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Jail for Ashley // Jan 19, 2017 at 6:06 PM

I think Jibberish will be right for the first time in his blogging career by predicting that Jonjo Shelvey would be player of the year.

Martoon

Just as a matter of interest who was the first to make this prediction

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM

I was going to delete that comment but hit the submit button instead. Mainly cos I don’t want to appear to be a smartarse like many on here. 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Still no news on the transfer front, i bet you that we don’t sign anyone.

• sing in the corner

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Welshie
    There’ll be a little flurry in the last 3-4 days, once one key player moves more will follow on.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Welsh

It’s no different in this window than it has been for several years.

Still plenty of time for a signing but I don’t think it’ll be a problem for us if we don’t get anyone in.

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Tbf it’s hard for Championship clubs atm what with the likes of Swansea buying all the championship level players

Least we’ve set our sights higher though so they aren’t distracting us

• Jib

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:20 PM

I can see why Diamé cannot get into the Senegal side – they’re shit-hot.

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:23 PM

On topic this lad has just got a passport and now his agent has eyes on that PL money so he links him to the usual names

• welshgeordie9

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:25 PM

8WWSBRD

You are either a Mackem or a bluebird fan.

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:29 PM

Why would a mackem have an issue with Swansea? And why would a bluebird (am guessing Cardiff fan) be on a NUFC blog on the hopes they could find a Swansea fan?

• jane

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Henri Saivet can get in Senegal’s side and has scored.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:44 PM

welshthingy,
    I’d say a lot of people on here had respect for the shite little tin pot club you support until you turned up as their ambassador!

• check the toastie

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM

ignore the wum

• jane

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM

was a good freekick.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:50 PM

check,
    If more people said that we would but unfortunately, myself included we don’t.

• archaeomag

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:52 PM

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Saivet recently got slated by his loan clubs chairman…seems 1 free kick a player does not make

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:53 PM

I’d say I ignore a good 75% of wummery these days but every so often I simply can’t help myself

• Jib

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:55 PM

He cannot get into Saint Etienne’s side

• jane

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:58 PM

WW i read that but you don’t have to be good to play for your country Sissoko played in the Euro final and Senegal will probably got to the final.

• Mitro's on Fire

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:06 PM

Swansea are buying Championship players in preparation for next season. They are going down with ease

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Oooohh a new transfer target. Just what we need never mind signing them lmao

• Jib

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM

Without wanting to tempt fate.

I can see us pulling further away from Brighton this weekend.

I feel Sheff Wed who are in 6th place, will come away from the South coast on Friday night with something .

If we don’t beat Rotherham the following day I’ll show Mr Tuff’s arse in Fenwick’s window.

• ShirebrookToon

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:24 PM

I’ll hold you to that Jib lol

• martoon

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM

Essex Geordie Bill @3 – Obviously I didn’t record when the predictions were made but assuming I tabulated them in Chronological order you were the first closely followed by Jib then off the ball and Goodfella – the only ones to predict Shelvey.

• geordie157

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Deulofeu anyone? Long shot but a decent winger who is available.

Townsend or Brady would be my preference.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Martoon

Cheers for that, all I need now is for Gouffron to start banging them in. 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:38 PM

Little tin pot club, you’re having a laugh jail.

• JamesToon

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM

Geordie

Tbh think deulofeu would maybe be a better option since he’s right footed we’d have both him and Ritchie cutting inside, not convinced on his performances but same with Townsend.

Because with Townsend either him or Ritchie wouldn’t really be able to cut in

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:55 PM

ManU were listed as the top money earning club, do we figure on the top 20 listing.

• JamesToon

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Which ever rafa prefers or whoever wants to come. I don’t mind.

Ain’t no body, like Tom cairney, makes me happy, makes me feel this way

Just getting the chant ready

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:58 PM

To answer my own question, no we don’t.

Leicester are 20th.

• WWSBRD

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Essex
    We are 21st according to the chron

• LGFUAD21

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:15 PM

Ive seen this lad play twice and from those two appearances he could well be a great little signing.

He has everything. Can dribble (at pace too), not a bad shot but crucially he is very unselfish despite his abundance of skill. He was picking out some nice passes when i saw him (eye of the needle stuff).

Most impressive is the way he goes about recieving the ball and turning. Its not just about his nifty footwork but he uses body positioning a lot.

It says hee that he is a winger but when i saw him, he spent more time in the centre of the park which makes me think he could be a decent number 10. Particularly with hIs passing ability. Bth times i have seen him he was producing some hba style runs but the difference was that he was always looking for a team mate and knew when to release the ball.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:17 PM

I like deulofeu though he’s predominantly right sided. I think we need a genuine left winger to play on the left. Would still take him anyway.

I read online a bit of stick coming in for El-mhanni after yesterday. Tuts an absolute joke. Anyone that’s seen him before in u23 would know that he would struggle. I mentioned this before the match yesterday on here and said Findlay would be fine and barlaser would do well. It’s only a few months since El mhanni was playing non league. This year was a good idea to develop him here but he needs game time on loan next year.

Hope more young lads are given game time and not just because of injuries. They just need an opportunity.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM

Lgfuad
    Usually when we’re linked with someone I’ve seen them play before but this time it’s not the case. I actually missed his champions league matches too. He looks handy through the scouting methods of Dennis wise! There’s one video where it shows his passing and assists which is impressive like you’ve mentioned. He does though look a little lightweight on first impressions but I’m not sure if this is actually the case.

• JamesToon

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM

lgf

who you talking about deulofeu?