This Transfer Target Flattered By Newcastle’s Interest

Tom Ince says it’s nice when other clubs show an interest in you in the January transfer window,  with Newcastle being heavily linked with the Derby County star but manager Steve McClaren adamant he is going nowhere this month.

If Newcastle do get promoted this season it could be that Rafa could go after Ince in the summer, although we will have a lot more targets if we do get back to the Premier League in May.

Tom Ince – Newcastle transfer target

It’s reported that Newcastle want former winger Andros Townsend on loan through the end of the season, with an option to buy –  and if that happens we would have two right wingers on loan – Cristian Atsu and Andros.

It’s unlikely we would sign both of them.

But maybe Tom Ince is Rafa’s real target – it’s possible if unlikely.

Here’s what Tom has said today in the Derby Telegraph:

“I’ve never been someone who thinks about that or gets too involved in it.”

“It’s obviously nice to see other teams show interest, because it shows what you’re doing on the pitch is good.”

“That’s good, not because other teams want to look at me, but because I’m performing for my team, I’m performing for Derby County.”

Rafa Benitez’s new priority in this transfer window are a central midfielder and a winger, so take your choice for winger between Townsend and Ince.

We know that Sam Allardyce at Crystal Palace is willing to let Andros move this month, but the same is not true with Ince and McClaren at Derby.

As for central midfielder, Newcastle  have been linked with James McCarthy of Everton, who would be one terrific signing for us this month.

There are 11 days left in this transfer window – here’s still hoping we can two good players through the door.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Rotherham United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Ibizatoon

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Just read an article on Moyes’ latest ramblings about Sunderlands finances.

“I’d be kidding you on if I said the players we are going to bring in in January are going to massively make a big difference.

“First of all, we probably couldn’t get that level of player and, secondly, we probably wouldn’t have the finances to do that.”

Inspiring stuff right there. Basically saying what he has is terrible and what they can buy is terrible.

Unless,it’s all a ploy and they’re just playing the poor man to try and get some bargains in?

I can’t imagine anyone would be too eager to join their quest to the Championship, nor can I see the current lot playing out of their skin for Moyes.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Can Ritchie or Townsend play on the left.

• WWSBRD

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Ibiza
    Its not a ploy mate Moyes and the fans have been thoroughly shafted

• WWSBRD

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Jail
    Both can Ritchie is left footed (I think) and Townsend played on the left for us a few times last season

• JAMSHA

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM

Plzzz No This player Is Not What We Need, Overrated

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Fot Mob just sent me an alert saying Palace have just rected a loan move.

• giimps

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Its amazing, Scumberland are reported to be 180m in debt, overspend every season (their american owner has peen putting in about 25-30 m every season since he got there and they have not improved at all.
    They currently sit in the relegation places ,as they have done for the last 5 or so years yet every year ( up till this yearithink) a miracle happens for them to get points, either the teams they play have shockers, are waiting for their manager to get sacked or they end up with penalties and or opposition player sendings off.
    Hippo heed saved them last season with his purchases in January ,it wont happen this year, Moyes has as much said already, the team is doing everything it can but theyre still getting beat, hes blaming refs, injuries and fixture lists (just like fraudew for us) i think they will drop this season and if they dont watch themselves could be in serious financial difficulties, they dont have any saleable assets and still owe money for players who are away on loan or have left altogether……….i just hope they can afford a plane to go across St Jameses with a banner saying “wel meet again, dont know where dont know when but wel meet again some sunny day” or a personal favourite of mine “down down deeper and down”……..its a right shame…….. 😈

• Toonces

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Jail/WWSBRD I think both Townsend and Ritchie are primarily left footed but neither wants to play on the left side because they both want to cut in and shoot for goal. They seem to want to shoot first and cross/pass second – at least in the critical moments. So neither wants to play on the left although both certainly should be able to.

• Bobbybee

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM

‘I’ m not someone who thinks about or gets involved in all that – BUY LOOK EVERYONE, I’M SO GOOD NEWCASTLE WANT ME!! Mmm, maybe not. Just another inconsistent Championship player.

I have to say I love the irony of overseas posters who get SO EXCITED when anybody comments on anything that happens in their country. You do realise you’re commenting all the time about a football club that’s not in your country? Just thought I’d check. 🙂 Now don’t go all crazy on me either, I’m just pointing out the irony of it all. Irony I find funny, so it amuses me when I see it.
    Then it’s like those who crack a joke at someone else’s expense, then go all mental when someone cracks a joke at their expense.
    I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating. The ability to laugh at yourself is one of life’s greatest gifts. More people need to embrace it.
    Talking of which, I’m due at the hospital soon to have my haemorrhoids fixed. Last time they put elastic bands around them and they eventually drop off. Hope treatment has come a long way, but I somehow doubt it.
    So we can all laugh at my expense today. 🙂 All jokes gratefully received and I promise not to take them personally. The more the merrier. In fact, piles of them would be good. (better than that though).
    Lighten up people, it’s been really fun on here lately, let’s try to keep that ‘vein’ shall we? (almost a joke).

• lochinvar

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:18 PM

Latest news is that Tiotes going nowhere (at the moment ) so that’s not going to help our wage bill if Mikey’s back in counting the pennies.
    Hope he finds a club as the transfer fee and saving on his wages can only help Rafa’s quest for the new players he and we are looking for.

• G

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:26 PM

Bobby at 9, good words mate, take it we have had the pain in the @rse joke already?

• lochinvar

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Giimps@7
    While it’s early yet the thoughts of slogans for the banner have crossed my mind.
    Perhaps we could show real class with
    ” this is not Au Revoir it’s goodbye”

Or if we feel really clever no plane or banner.
    That way they’ll always be looking to the sky expecting it and it never coming will do their heads in trying to understand why !

Instead if we all donate £1 to the Sir BR Foundation that’s £50,000 plus for a wonderful cause, marks the celebrations and honours Bobby .

• WWSBRD

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:33 PM

Toonces
    Aye true neither seem to want to play LW but they could compete for the right and if needs must play on the left

• Ibizatoon

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:35 PM

Yo…It would seem that way…the poor souls.