Newcastle Fans Take To Twitter – Delighted With Win

Newcastle fans were happy enough today with the Magpies beating Rotherham United 4-0 at St. James’ Park in front of yet another sell-out crowd of over 52,000 fans – that’s unbelievable support.

And it was Daryl Murphy who scored his third goal in three games and Matt Richie, who scored his second brace in four days who got the goals along with Spanish forward Ayoze Perez.

All the goals expect Daryl’s came in the second half with the Irishman – who had a good game today – put us ahead just before half time.

Daryl Murphy – scored three goals in three games

Here’s some of the tweets from the Newcastle fans.

• JamesToon

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM

Trying not to get too attached to our players, but i just can’t help it, even though sacrifices and decisions will have to be made in the summer, i just love this group of lads, clearly together, play and work for each other.

• booboo

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM

lesh

you dont win with yougsters ehh

when it comes to ashley it is all about value think he see the players as checks one bigger than the other….
    but i dont got nothin against finding talents and we all know graham finding gems now and then . and i do think that benitez will get more out of players than previous managers. so it might work and benitez himself said he likes to develop young players we just got to balance the scales as it work best

• martoon

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:12 PM

Just back in from the match. I thought it was going to be one of those games where we struggle against lower league teams until the end of the first half. We dominated after the second goal but I have to say Rotherham we very poor and low on confidence. Most teams would have scored afters Darlows’s error but he did well to atone for his error.
    My MotM would be Murphy – he lead the line well, won loads of headers and flick-ons and of course scored the first goal.

• Ron Knee

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM

• JackBall

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Armstrong assist – 1-1

• AndyMac

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM

“Best atmosphere in #SJP for ages. Some real noise around the stands.The love for #Sammy was awesome #NUFC”

I watched a live stream today and thought it was so quiet even at 2-0 up ? What’s wrong with getting some “singers” up to the levels again ? Sure they’re not all sold out ST’s ?

• toon kk

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Barnsley pull it back to 1 – 1

• booboo

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM

cmon armstrong

• Chancel My MBembaship

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Jib – firstly, I like how you knew I was referring to you earlier even though I didn’t even mention your name. And you deny saying that you said Toon fans have more class than that even though that’s what you said outright. And how’s my sister? She’s no longer alive, and hasn’t been for some time, but that was obvious when I said she HAD Downs. You probably knew that but thought you’d take the piss anyway, right? Like I said, you have no class or morals apparently.

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM

I’d love this young Hughes lad from Derby as shelvey’s sidekick/cover, he is the closest affordable player to shelvey’s style we could pinch on a decent fee imo, maybe somewhere between 8m – 12m would seal it and worth it in my eyes!

Today was a good performance, I thought Darlows recovery save and yedlins last ditch tackling in that little scared in the first half summed it up… We have a very good TEAM that play for each other and the bond is there for all to see… Hope we keep it up!

Shelvey for me again today was the driving force… I had doubts about him but it showed when he was away how much we missed him how integral he is, if Rafa can keep his feet on the floor he will be back into the national squad next season for sure!

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:28 PM

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:30 PM

Oops…
    Sorry for the duplicate guys!

• AncientC

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:31 PM

I opted for Ritchie myself, his defensive contribution was as good as his attacking.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:32 PM

The club should have sorted Atsu transfer out wants the window opened.

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Ancient

You can clearly see the composed prem class of both Shelvey and Ritchie, when Ritchie is on song he is just great to watch… With a bit more pace he’d be unplayable at times and defensive awareness is great, that’s probs why Yedlins is running away with the voting, it allowed him to play.

• Krul To Be Kind

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Ancient

• welshgeordie9

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Link up play between Shelvey and Ritchie is a joy to watch, two players in double figures with Gayle and Ritchie, when was the last time that happened.

• welshgeordie9

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Won the game today without Mitrovic, Gayle, Atsu and Diame.

• lesh

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:49 PM

Booboo

‘……..benitez himself said he likes to develop young players we just got to balance the scales as it work best….’

Your message is sound but let’s hope that Ashley gets it into his thick skull that Rafa should be left to run things as he thinks best – with input from Carr of course. But he needs to accept that Rafa’s managerial success puts him way ahead of Carr in terms of football knowledge and nous!