Transfer Update – Newcastle Move For Playmaker And Winger

The news yesterday on the Newcastle transfer targets was fairly positive with Newcastle still negotiating with Swansea to get Modou Barrow through the door, although it seems Newcastle and Crystal Palace have given up on trying to forge a deal to get Andros Townsend back to Tyneside.

That would have been a great deal for us, but it looks like it will not happen – maybe in the summer?

There’s a decent chance that Barrow will join us, with Swansea wanting £7M for him rather than the £5M initially reported and they want Newcastle to buy him this month or at least put an obligation to buy in the loan clause – if it’s a loan deal.

23 year-old Brazil playmaker Gabriel Appelt Pires

There’s a decent possibility we can still do the deal for Barrow.

It’s also looking like James McCarthy could end up on Tyneside this month, but there was a surprise news last night that Newcastle have bid for 23 year-old Brazil playmaker Gabriel Appelt Pires – known as Gabriel.

He joined Spanish club Leganes from Juventus last August having spent the previous season on loan there and the news was from Sky Italy journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.

If we do get Gabriel through the door it probably means McCarthy will not be coming in this month – but again Rafa can go after him in the summer.

Newcastle could even make some deal now that can lead to us signing McCarthy in the summer, given that we get promoted back to the Premier League by then.

But the news last night on Gabriel, always assuming it’s true, shows that Rafa is simply determined to add two players to his squad this month to help us with our final push to get promoted this season.

That’s job one at Newcastle and we have a good chance of achieving it – especially with two new players coming in by next Tuesday night.

Howay The Lads!!

• one fine day

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM

From previous
    5one fine day // Jan 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Mineshaft
    Agree on that
    Would be a lot more comfortable at Oxford with Elliott back .
    As for sels he seems low on confidence , and when he only gets a run in a cup game it make any error magnified and he has to wait weeks pondering over it to get back out on the pitch.
    To me sending him on loan and giving him regular football, don’t care if it’s Gateshead or whitely bay .at least if he is flapping its not ruining our season and could be just what he needs .

• Jib

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:21 AM

DiMarzio was the guy that broke the Achraf Lazaar transfer story.

• Jib

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:27 AM

“Newcastle got relegated but spent a lot of money to get in quality players.
    If you do it well, it is then very hard for the other teams who don’t have that money, to get even close to them.
    We are third in the league but not even thinking of catching Brighton or Newcastle”

Reading’s manager Jaap Stam.

Methinks he is doing a Fergy on us.

• one fine day

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Thanks for clearing that up jib
    Dimarzio is a place round the corner from me ..Chianti bottles hanging from the ceiling … Does a cracking burrata panzanella and the best calzone ever … Never thought of him as an ITK to be. Honest

• Jib

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:37 AM

calzone
    Tuscan cornish pastie
    😀

• Jib

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:39 AM

OFD
    You support the Bombers ?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:46 AM

Jib
    peavies post
    Sentiments the same – i would go out on loan if I was him

I like Elliott – decent keeper – Me I would play him tomorrow as I don’t rate Ssells as he does not command the six yard box and very hesitant in making decisions – should I stay or should I go

Me – Darlow now – number ONE,
    Elliot No TWO

• welshgeordie9

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Should i should I stay go should be sels song.

Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go, there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

He should sing this song to himself while he’s in goals.

Ha ha ha