Player Reveals Why He’s So Thankful To “Incredible” Benitez

There’s a lot of good will being shown to Sammy Ameobi by the fans since he returned to Newcastle from his loan spell at Bolton.

And it seems Sammy and Jamie Sterry will bolster the first team squad for the rest of the season and we think both players can help Newcastle in our promotion push – which has always been job one for the season.

Sammy’s contract runs out at the end of June and at the moment it’s unlikely to be renewed.

Sammy Ameobi against Rotherham – thankful of  opportunity

But this will give the Newcastle lad an opportunity to show Rafa in training and in games what he can do and we have always known Sammy possesses lots of skills – he just needs to be a lot more consistent.

But he can be a good impact sub and he’s done well since he returned to Newcastle.

Sammy has been interviewed in the local papers today and he talks about the conversation he had with Rafa last summer when Rafa was honest if a little brutal when he told Sammy he was not part of his plans after being on loan at Cardiff City the previous season.

This is what Sammy has said as reported in the Chronicle:

“When I came back from Cardiff he just said I wasn’t in his plans and that I should probably find a new club or go on loan.”

“I was a bit disappointed in that, but, like I say, it was probably the best thing he could ever have said to me.”

“He said I was talented, but that he just wanted to see the consistency and me working hard,”

“That’s what I’ve done and my quality has shone through.”  “He’s given me a chance, which I’m really grateful for and I fully intend to take.”

“He’s incredible.” “His resume speaks for itself. He’s managed top clubs all over the world.”

“He lives and breathes football, and to have someone of that experience managing you is brilliant.”

“The loan at Bolton is something that’s definitely matured me on and off the pitch,”

“This doesn’t last forever. I’ve realized that, and I need to make the most of it.” “That’s something I’ve learnt by going away again.”

“Newcastle is all I’ve ever known.” “You can’t think it’s going to last forever. You’ve got to fight for your place.”

“That’s what I’ve learnt, and I’m trying to do that every day.”  “I’m just taking it a day at a time.”

“I’m not thinking about what the future holds – I’m trying not to think about that or worry about that.”

“I’m taking it a day at a time and whatever will happen will happen.”

“If I stay, awesome. If not, I can hold my hands up and say I put in the work.”

Rafa will need the full squad as he now charts the course in the final 19 games of the season to get us promoted.

It’s been a bit of an up and down season, but if we are promoted it will be fantastic – all the negatives of the season and this particular transfer window will be quickly forgotten.

We wish Sammy all the best and we’re sure he can hep us in our promotion push.

All’s well that ends well.

But Sammy already knows that – he’s a smashing lad.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against QPR?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jib

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:26 AM

a href=”http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/search/events/695887109?editorialproduct=newcastleunited”>Training session yesterday

• Tsunki

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:27 AM

Aye Sammy thank Rafa for bringing you in from the cold due to your recent improve the in form. Or Mike, for other reasons.

• Tsunki

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:28 AM

Oops Jib. You’re usually Hotlink Harry.

• Jib

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:28 AM

• Tsunki

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM

That’s some Snood Party ha ha. Proves Curtis Good is still alive too.

• cyprus

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:34 AM

Shola- frustrating, not a fan
    Sammy- frustrating, a fan

• hibbit

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:34 AM

NezzaNUFC
    no matter which league we were in we need reinforcement
    LW a number 10 and cover for shelvey now were gambling other clubs around us took precautions we didn’t

• Markaccus

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:34 AM

Rafa might be the one to cure the Ameobi “Lazy Gene”. Both Shola and Sammy have talent, you can/could see it one game in 10, but thier application of it was sporadic at best. Sammy is only 24, he COULD still make it.

• Mag52

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:35 AM

Team for today:
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Perez Gouffran
    Murphy.

• Tsunki

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:36 AM

Belfast from previous – apparently we need all the peanuts we can get to pay the academy staff BOOM! there you go… 🙂

• Jib

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:36 AM

Dwight Gayle seems to be one on one with some dude called Christian Fernandez Martinez (must be the new fitness coach that Beardsley uses as an assistant)

His match readiness must be in question.

Big Daryl tonight methinks

• sing in the corner

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:36 AM

I know players often talk some tripe in the media and all that but I am happy reading those quotes from Sammy.
    It actually sounds like he has his head screwed on!
    The next few months will show us if he can make the transition from panto Dame to proper player, do more power to him.
    Ed, the ‘good will’ coming from the stands when he came on as sub was great craic, but was mainly a p1s5 take, trust me.

• martoon

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:37 AM

Jib – good to see Gayle there – he may not be ready for tonight but he must be getting close!

• Jib

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM

I don’t think I spotted a ginger napper either.

• sing in the corner

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:44 AM

I wish they would put some little vids on of the training. Not giving anything away tactics wise of course, just a few snippets. But it would be nice to see if Gayle has been working at full pelt, for instance?
    Why give opposition info on a plate though, I suppose is one reason..
    Anyone know how long he has been back training?

• Our Toon

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM

It was a good window, we didn’t get mugged off by signing the likes of townsend. I honestly don’t get it, we by far have the best squad in the league and by some distance as well.

If shelvey gets injured then rafa will need to change his tactics, Brighton don’t have a direct replacement for Knockaert but manage to cope when he doesn’t play.