More Questions About Rafa Benitez’ Future Today

With the next set of games in the Championship being tomorrow night, Rafa Benitez will hold his press conference early this afternoon for our tough game at Carrow Road.

Norwich seem to be on form coming off a 5-1 home win over Nottingham Forest in Saturday so yes – it will be another tough game against a fellow relegation side.

And then we will face Aston Villa, who also went down with us in May – that’s our next game at home next Monday night.

Rafa Benitez – will be asked about his future – again

Let’s hope we can win that game after we allowed a last minute equalizer in the 1-1 draw at Villa Park early in the season.

At the press conference today Rafa will no doubt be asked again about his future.

The manager was linked yesterday in  the Mirror to the Arsenal job if Arsene Wenger decides to finally leave the famous London club in the summer and doesn’t sign the two year extension he has been offered.

In the article by Neil Moxley yesterday Rafa is said to want Thierry Henry to join him on the coaching staff.

That would suggest Rafa has thought about the position and potential members of his coaching staff – but it could also be made up nonsense too.

That’s a question the local press should ask Rafa today – if he has even thought of what his coaching staff would be at Arsenal and whether he has said to anybody he wants Henry on his staff.

It should be an interesting press conference, but of course the only thing we are concerned about right now is how we can get 3 points at Carrow Road tomorrow night and keep our promotion drive in good shape.

All we need to do to be promoted is to keep winning.

It’s really easy.

🙂

• clinath@ed

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:13 AM

On Mitro, I thought he made a deliberate movement to stamp on their keeper’s leg. Not impressed at all.

• G

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM

@1 agreed

• lochinvar

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM

Get the Chronicle to interview Thierry Henri and print the truth. Then tell the little Mirror rag to concentrate on something more exciting for them like Tesco charging full price for special offers. Gormless bunch.

• sing in the corner

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:24 AM

The guy is always on a short fuse, Shelvey the same. No surprise opposition home in on that, the fans realise and follow suit naturally. Their reputations follow them now, and that includes with these thick refs we are having to tolerate this season.
    This is what you get with players who exist around that edge.
    It’s up to the two of them to fix it, be smart. I’m not confident either of them are showing signs they can consistently curb it at all.
    If you follow Jonjo at games in the split second after the ball has gone you can see he is simmering away…

• firebug666

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:25 AM

@ 1 & 2

I suppose it’s all down to perspective, for me there was no malicious intent, it all happens in a split second remember, Mitrovic goes in for the ball and tries to kick it away from the oncoming keeper, and has a defender closing him down from the side, he has his foot up trying to get the ball, just when does he decide to be malicious?

He foot has to come down, and it is between two opposing players, it’s odds on he will catch one of them, I’m only pleased the ref seen it as I did, not a malicious attempt to hurt another player.

The first yellow Mitro got was for a Wolves player who jumped on his back, so maybe swings and roundabouts from the ref, but the right decision not to send him off for me.

• G

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:30 AM

@5, and martoon from the previous thread, we will have to agree to disagree then lads. From my perspective, when I played back in the day (haven’t kicked a ball in so long that back then shorts were tight, boots were heavy, and hair was bizarre!) I was never a skilful player, but I made up for that with aggression (Football used to be considered a contact sport back then), and that’s exactly the sort of trick I would pull to give our team an advantage. Thankfully I never played at a professional level, but I used to get a game for my Regiment quite often, and I was notorious. Not in any way proud of the fact I used to do this, but as I say, at the time this was the norm.

• firebug666

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM

G

Yeah I use to love a game of footy back then, when you were appreciated for getting stuck into a good bone crunching tackle.

Heavy boots, heavy football (that would sting even the hardest head when headed) and muddy pitches, footballers today don’t know what they are missing. 😀

• Sav

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM

If you’re going to be a battering ram front man, fair enough. It was Mitro’s reaction compared to Ikeme which disappointed me. The goalkeeper got on with it and probably saved Mitrovich. His play-acting is an embarrassment. Not even funny like Taylor’s. Then there’s all the chest-out roaring and badge-thumping when he scores a tap-in. I must be getting too old for this stuff.