On Valentines Day You Gotta Love Newcastle

We were disappointed that Newcastle were not able to win at Norwich last night, but it wasn’t for the want of trying as the lads pressed for the equalizer in the second half and then after Jamaal scored they pressed for the winner.

But as a number of people have pointed out – including Rafa Benitez – 4 points from two tough games at Wolves and Norwich is not a bad return and 2 points a game for the rest of the season will get us to 96 points and almost certain promotion.

As former striker Mick Quinn put it in his tweet – On Valentines Day you gotta luv Newcastle.

He’s right about that.

Yes we are still top – here’s the top six.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
1Newcastle464594
2Brighton463493
3Reading46485
4Sheffield Wednesday461581
5Huddersfield46-281
6Fulham462880

• ShirebrookToon

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:56 PM

Unbeaten run in to the end of the season would be nice. Few wins few draws. C’mon the Toon

HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM

My record points bet has gone out tye window, we’d have to win every game bar two.

• WWSBRD

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Moonraker
    I’ve no idea how Mitro played mate I didn’t catch the game just the highlights and the ever present Mitro misses comments during the game

I don’t think we play well with him in the team though as a general point

On the MotM votes they are just some people who vote for their favourites regardless of how they played i wouldnt worry about it haha

• Ron Knee

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM

WW

You can watch the full match on NUFC TV!

• WWSBRD

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Ron
    Oh fair point I might actually then I can justifiably complain about people haha

Do they do all the games now?

• Ron Knee

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:17 PM

WW

Maybe not all, but most. They have highlights of the last U23 match too.

• WWSBRD

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:20 PM

Ron
    Ah cool cheers I will check them out

• Munster Mag

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:24 PM

Ibiza, i didnt criticise rafa when we drew wjth Leicester. To clarify, i have criticised rafa for his conservative approach, particularly in cerain games, and i have mentioned those previously, over the course of his tenure. That doesnt mean i hate him, at all. I respect loads he has done . Eg fan relations, fitness. That doesnt mean i cant say negatjve too. In the summer on here, rafa’s farts didnt smell and he was a demi god even though we djdnt stay up. If u werent critical of our tactics in certain games good luck to you.

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Munster
    Ibizatoon for years on here was a go between trying to keep the peace. He was not someone who got involved in anything football related because he knew his limitations. Nice guy but not on a football blog. My abiding memory was him and Beattie, who did know his football sorting him and his pal Ruddy out very publicly.

• lochinvar

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:47 PM

• Mister Tuff

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:47 PM

carl – the little “c”/Ian.
    How is it going at ASDA.
    Can you answer the following question.
    This week which supermarket sells a bunch of bananas at the cheapest price. Is it :-
    a) ADSA
    b) Tesco
    c) Morrisons.

These types of questions, where you get to choose from several possible answers are called multiple choice questions. I think you might be a whiz at these

Hahahaha
    F****ng multiple choice. What a corker.

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Jail when are you going to grow up. Ed’s word is worth a lot more than yours and you need to not be influenced by idiots. You’re not a young lad complaining about injustice and the like. Rafa is not perfect and does make mistakes.

• clinath@ed

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Average 2 points a game on the run in, and we’re home safe.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:53 PM

Nothing wrong with Asda.

• Munster Mag

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:54 PM

Carl, extremists talk a pile of manure on this site and get away with it. I was branded a pardew lover because i said he was being blamed for everything bar the rain on tyneside, while carr got away with everything because Fats loved him. When he got 5th if wasnt good enough for loons like Catchy. Pardew was a tool, for sure, but !ets be fair. And if rafa gets 5th, will he be criticised ? Doubt it, and he wont deserve it.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:54 PM

Mitrovic out
    Charlie Austin in

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Mister Tuff why are you behaving like a silly old fool . You need help in understanding the difference between ASDA and ADSA- attention deficit syndrome( applicable!).

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM

What a goal by Robben.

• Munster Mag

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Carl when ashley sanctioned big spending he was still criticised by the small minded

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:58 PM

carl

He thinks he’s funny but he’s not.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:59 PM

Munster…I’ve made no mention of Leicester, Jail did.

Nor have I said you hate him.

I have supported your right to be critical however, whilst mentioning that your criticisms APPEAR to outweigh the positives you mention which give the impression that you are not much of a fan of his.

Nothing more, nothing less.

carl…Care to answer my earlier question?

It is true, I know my footballing limitations. You’ll probably note I’ve never claimed to be an expert. I’d probably add that I doubt there are actually too many experts on here. Experts tend to be actually involved in their field, not sat on a blog.

Can you clarify that mess at the end? Beattie and I sorted out Ruddy….and myself?

Being a long term poster, can you tell me what date the blog started? I can’t find an article earlier than 6th May 2007. Your expert help would be appreciated.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:02 PM

Do we now have blog extremists? 🙂

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:03 PM

Munster
    Its difficult to have an alternative opinion at times with some on here. I know what you mean it’s called fake news. I wasn’t a fan of Pardew but he did have an exceptional season when we finished 5th. I call them the blind faith brigade but many are getting very nervous at home games. In the Championship with so many games it could all go tits up but I don’t think it will. Benitez does display a calm assurance and it’s a pity so many on here don’t . You can almost sense the fear LOL.

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:06 PM

Ibizatoon I am one of the good guys. Ed is not planning to celebrate the decade of the blog. It was first heralded and advertised in April 2007.
    Ashley was sniffing at the club.

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM

Ibizatoo I think blog activists would be more appropriate. In Jail’s case lethargists.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:10 PM

carl…Thanks for that. Do you have a link to the article which you copied that “good comments carl” from earlier?

It makes sense, good comments from a good guy.

Also, what about that Beattie / Ruddy stuff? I’m keen to remember me sorting myself out…it would be most useful going forward.

• carl

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Welsh
    I am going but not before saying how delighted I am that the Swans are playing so well. Even though it probably means we won’t be able to sign Siggy.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:13 PM

Welshie……. The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:15 PM

carl…Do me a favour and save having digs at others whilst addressing me.

I would love to see that article by the way. There’s only a few posters I can think of that seem to enjoy leaving matters open.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:16 PM

1-1 good game this.

• Mag52

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Munster.

There’s no way that Rafa will get us to 5th. place in the premiership without a massive injection of cash from Ashley, and that’s not going to happen.
    That 5th. place season a few years ago was, sadly, a one off so long as this owner stays at NUFC.
    It was, in hindsight, a superb achievement.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:28 PM

I remember one of carls 2007 links that “proved” he wasn’t a multiple, strangely enough there was a poster called Ian C who was strangely telling carl what an excellent post he’d written.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:31 PM

So what’s your point jail.

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Jail…Truth is, we can all change our names fairly easily.

Has anyone checked the pages using a mobile? Are the symbols even the same?

Not sure what’s strange about that mind. Even Ed has praised his good comments! carl will post the link soon…I just know it!

Mag52…Never say never, Leicester managed even better just last season. Skipping over this season of course 🙂

A few things went our way that 5th placed season. As I remember, there was a fairly big feel good factor about the place. Oh no, I think I’m going to start talking about synergy soon.

carl…Please hurry up with that link!

• Ibizatoon

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM

Yeah Jail, why so cryptic? 🙂

• Moonraker15

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM

Munster
    You are such a freakin pessimist! Did you notice Leicester won the league last season!

• Munster Mag

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Ibiza, fair comments.

• Moonraker15

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:38 PM

Munster
    I owe you an apology! My comment should have been directed at Mag52! Sorry.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:39 PM

welshgeordie9,
    I wouldn’t even try explaining to you how spaghetti grows.

• Munster Mag

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Moon, do you thjnk we can finish 5th. Technically we can , if we go up. But i doubt it. Thats realism…