Predicted Newcastle Team For Aston Villa – 2 Changes

Newcastle played well in the second half at Norwich City on Tuesday night to get a 2-2 draw, but it was really 2 points lost based on the number of chances we created and missed.

And the two goals we conceded were individual errors in the game and certainly Rafa will want to get cut those out tomorrow night at home to Aston Villa.

In fact a win and a clean sheet is what Rafa Benitez will want to see.

Rafa could bring in Mohamed Diame and Dwight Gayle to the starting line up and give us some goal-scoring power up front.

Here’s the team Rafa could start tomorrow night:

Darlow
Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
Shelvey Colback
Ritchie Diame Gouffran
Gayle

That’s Mo Diame in for Ayoze Perez and Dwight Gayle in for Aleksandar Mitrovic from the team that started at Carrow Road.

Dwight is fit again and came on late in the game at Carrow Road.

There’s a chance that Christian Atsu could start on the right wing for Matt Ritchie and an outside chance that fit-again Vurnon Anita could come in to partner Jonjo Shelvey in central midfield.

But it may be a bit early for the Dutchman to come back, since he only began training again last Friday after recovering form his ankle injury.

What would your team be for tomorrow night?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Aston Villa?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM

For what it’s worth copied and pasted from Ed my confirmed Rafa Bingo line up
    Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Colback
    Ritchie Diame Gouffran
    Gayle

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM

I think someone else needs to take responsibility for Rafa bingo next season, Belfits is totally out of the question though, he’s a cheat and a liar.

• Ron Knee

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM

He might start Perez, who had a decent game last time. Tricky!

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:29 PM

JfA
    From previous, to spare you reposting..
    Oh, plastic schmastic.. It’s all good. 🙂
    ‘It’s not who you are, it’s where you’re at.’

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:30 PM

sitc,
    Do you take the Metro do the game?

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM

*to

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM

JFA
    How about a 2 candidate election for Bingo control?
    Munster v Belfast…

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM

JfA@2
    Never! I contribute to ongoing vehicular congestion / pollution in the form of bus or private car!

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:35 PM

sitc,
    Both unreliable, I’d like to see WW…, hibbit or firebug666 take the reigns.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM

sitc,
    Sorry pal then you are definitely plastic, unless you walk to the ground from Benwell you’re wasting your time.

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Ok… What have they done to deserve such an esteemed position??

• ShirebrookToon

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Sing

Oooh you can’t beat a good lung full of exhaust fumes. Clears the chest right up that does!

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Shire
    Exactly! As Big Don tells us, that climate change stuff is all an elaborate hoax!

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM

sitc,
    One of Jib’s pearls of wisdom, anyone who takes the Metro to games isn’t a true fan, you have to walk via Benwell Lane or you’re plastic and not worthy to comment on the blog.

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Jail @10
    Well if that makes me placcy at least I have a clear conscience (in that I have been doing my bit for Benwell and Scotswood folk for years, parking in their locality on match days and kindly donating several car sterios etc over the years.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:52 PM

I’d hate to think how SBR got to games via Benwell Lane in his younger days., bus to Durham, then a train to Central, must have been a chore. I went to Humberside Airport one day after a game, I’d left my bags in the left luggage and was seriously surprised at the amount of people who went as far as Darlington, not so many at York but still a few, then even Doncaster where I got off.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:59 PM

I wonder if Benwell will become the new Islington 😮

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:05 PM

Am watching Celta Vigo v Osasuna on SS3 (Kodi is so passsé) in hope of catching a glimpse of Riviere – no sign so far.

However guess who’s playing for CV?

Remember Guiseppi Rossi ?

He must be ancient !

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM

I think the players and the fans will all be up for it tomorrow night. Interested to see Brucies thinking, wether he plays Angela or not. His appearance will certainly give the crowd another boost..
    They are sweating on the fitness of Taylor and Richards. But he will be more worried about getting the big bus up the A1 in one piece ready for parking.

• lesh

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM

Jail

You’ve been arguing the plastic fan corner since last night. You still don’t get Jib’s point:

To be a true fan, you’ve got to crawl on all fours to the Park and that’s wearing sack cloth with barbed wire coiled around you on a day when there’s two feet of snow on thw ground and all after drinking six pints of snakebite in the Central in Gateshead!

Enough of the nonsense, there’s fans and there’s Jib.

• sing in the corner

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:11 PM

Jib
    I remember, he was sloppy though.

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM

ya see
    Lesh gets it
    😀

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:14 PM

The snakebite has to be Lowenbrau/Scrumpyjack

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:14 PM

lesh,
    Santa Muerte

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Osasuna has a player called Sergio Leon.
    Wasn’t he something to do with Spaghetti Westerns ?

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Gateshead!!!
    Must be a mackem!

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM

Was that not another Jib pearler, coming from the Bow bells, sure it was.

• MadisonToon

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Confirmed Rafa Bingo for the game tomorrow

Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett
    Colback Shelvey
    Atsu Diame Gouffran
    Gayle

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Madison do you think Rafa is going to keep Ritchie for the Brighton game ?

• MadisonToon

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM

That’s what I was thinking. Villa shouldn’t be a team we worry about and Atsu played well at AFCON and was playing well with us before that so he could certainly get the start. Bring Ritchie on if need be, but no need to start him.

What do you think?

• Belfast

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:24 PM

I’d be happy to count the bingo scores although I have a few small demands….

1,500 bingo points to be rewarded to me
    (no questions asked)

2, Firebug, Dem and Wwsbrd (especially him) banned for the next five seasons.

3, Ian Toon must be my assistant.

4, Malicious rumours about me cheating never get repeated.

• Mag52

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM

My team for tomorrow:

Darlow
    Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett,
    Shelvey, Colback,
    Ritchie, Perez, Atsu,
    Gayle.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Luckily the current crop of players, like the lot of 2010 actually care about the club and will understand the meaningless animososity that Villa feel towards us and will go to some lengths to put things right from thise two dropped ponts in September/October.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:29 PM

Belfits,
    Agree to all denands except Pushy Pardew has to be you’re assistant.

• Fostino

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:33 PM

Been studying Huddersfield last few games I could get my hands on.

They play a very attractive high pressing game similar to that of a klopp side. I’m hoping like Liverpool they will run out of energy towards the end of the season. From my research they have a small squad. Interestingly they also share their pitch with a rugby league team and their season kicking off again so I suspect this might do a bit of damage to their pitch. This is why I feel Brighton is our biggest worry. They are a solid unit that are very consistent this year.

• Fostino

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:34 PM

I’d have mbemba instead of colback for the Craic and astu instead of goofy fir a change

• Jib

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM

Madison
    Sorry for the delay (I had to wash the dinner dishes )

I thought Ritchie against Norwich away looked like a player with a weight on his shoulders.

A couple of games out might be the right thing at the mo’.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM

And Firebug, WW… and dem can’t be banned, can’t do the points thing as that would stop me being in the lead and can’t stop free press, apart from that agree to everything.

• cyprus

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM

Having watched some supposedly lowly championship teams take on full strength PL teams, and also seeing how recently promoted teams are now established in the PL, I can only conclude that:

This league is very very hard and extremely competitive.

So: congratulations to my team. And all involved. Hang in there, 7-8 more wins should scrape us through.

• cyprus

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:40 PM

Fostino.
    Not sure I agree. Two teams effectively win the championship, the automatically promoted ones.

I think our biggest worry is if one of the chasers, behind us two, catches up. Reading Huddersfield look the biggest worry. Hope Brighton beat them.