Newcastle Fans React To Terriers 6th League Win On The Trot

Newcastle fans have reacted to Huddersfield winning their 6th league game on the trot tonight when they beat Reading 1-0 and the Terriers stay 3rd and Reading 4th in the Championship.

Huddersfield are making a push for an automatic promotion place so our three consecutive games coming up starting next Tuesday away at Brighton (2nd), Huddersfield (3rd) and Reading (4th) look huge.

David Wagner – Huddersfield manager – 6 league wins on the trot

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:25 PM

Firebug

If we are to make comparisons we played a horribly disjointed hull side under phelan, they were the whipping boys in the prem and we couldn’t score against them in 90mins or beat them even though they had 10 men in extra time.

When we played them we were going well and they were God awful

• WWSBRD

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Our Toon
    We dominated Hull and drew because of a keepers gaff

Also there isnt a Hull fan trolling the blog

• firebug666

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:27 PM

repost!

Our Toon

True, but then you get games like that, look at some of our games in this division where we have fared no better, Wolves at home springs to mind, up until that game we were doing well, on another day we might have thumped Hull, it just wasn’t to be marra.

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Firebug

Yep every side gets those kind of games but it’s the only PL side we played this season and we were powder puff in front of goal. I suppose each to there own

• Blackley and Brownlie

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Get in big Phil. Come on little Hudders.

NUFC and Hudders for automatic promotion.

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:43 PM

Wwsbrd

We didn’t draw because of a gaff by our keeper, we drew because we couldn’t hit a barn door on the night….as the penalty showed.

We did dominate the game but hull at the time would of struggled in the championship with what they had and we couldn’t even score.

Maybe it’s just me though, wanting to remain humble and hopeful that we go up, no guarantees we will as Huddersfield won’t go away.

As for Welsh, I get he grinds on ppl but do you really think he’s trolling on this site for as long as he’s been on it? I don’t get the supporting 2 teams but I appreciate he chose to support our lads along with his own home town club, Its not something i’ll ever understand but I’d never castigate him / her for supporting 2 sides, don’t belittle a fellow toon fan by calling them a troll or not a true fan, I think it’s a bit disrespectful.

• jane

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:44 PM

at least Bristol City play tomorrow (home to Fulham) so they will have had 2 days less rest. every little thing helps.

• jane

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM

be interesting to see how Leicester get on in Seville tomorrow. be nice if they can get a surprise result.

• WWSBRD

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Our Toon
    Yes I think he’s a troll and no he’s not a fellow town fan

• jimmysmith

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Colback and Dummett have certain qualities that make them valuable this term. They both have character and are solid and consistent performers, as well as being naturally left sided. I think both will still be with us next season, but ideally not as first choice in their positions.

I’d really like to see Huddersfield and Leeds go up alongside us. All great Northern football towns. Brighton and any other southern club can go to buggery, admirable Chris Hughton or otherwise.

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Wwsbrd

That says more about you than Welsh!!

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:53 PM

Jimmy

They are decent squad players if we go up but more importantly they help with the HG quota, dummett has had a good season so far but I’d like to see a better lb in the summer

• jimmysmith

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Literally home grown.

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Jimmy

Aye ahaha

• WWSBRD

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:02 PM

Our Toon
    Says uve not seen much of welsh’s comments but hey feel free to stick up for him but won’t change how I interact/ignore the bairn

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:13 PM

Wwsbrd

I choose to engage with fellow fans no matter how much I disagree with them, jib being the prime example for his previous racist transgressions. I do however ignore trolls which were rife before the activation code, I’m not sticking up for anyone but merely pointing out what’s perceived as online bullying. If you don’t like Welsh just ignore the bairn rather than bully / belittle.

• Our Toon

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:15 PM

Anyway I’m off to bed, roll on the Bristol game. Hopefully 3 points to keep the pace going!!

• WWSBRD

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:33 PM

Our Toon
    nope am very comfortable with how I interact with people on here and I’ve never had anyone complain to me about it. I’d say am pretty respectful to everyone however (Been told as much multiple times by differing people so no reason to doubt it) however if people are disrespectful to me then I treat them the same

But each to there own

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:44 AM

“Happily take a point against Huddersfield…” *sigh*

Can we grow the f**k up and realise that we’re Newcastle United? We have a Premier League team with a Champions League manager and yet we’d settle for a point against a two-bit fizzy pop league team who have remained plucky all season but haven’t the quality to even lace our boot straps.

When will our fan base take its head out of its ass and actually realise that we are a top club deserving of so much more.

Oh how I look forward to the inevitable future pillaging of our club by the Fat One. You lot deserve this shit…

• Lindisfarne

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:00 AM

Ciaron

Potentially we would be doing much better, if it was not for the shoddy ownership of NUFC. But you are letting your “expectations” run away with you [tongue in cheek] and not focusing on the reality. The team is made up of PL rejects, cheap imports and Championship possibilities, we are not playing in Europe but twice weekly in the lower league and most importantly, WINNING!

It is not the style of play that we were brought up on under KK and we could do with taking the breaks off more. 4231 is not infallible and the drilled organisation does not look capable of holding up well when we do return to the PL. But I look forward to our continued success, promotion and seeing what Benitez can do back on the big stage.

• mindshaft

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Brighton appear to have the hardest run in and more likely to be overtaken if Huddersfield manage to keep their form up (presuming we take something from our games against them, Brighton &a reading ),
    Need to start with 3 points against Bristol

• Mag52

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Ruddy.

If you have watched most of our matches since the turn of the year, and you think we are going to stuff Huddersfield, then either you are the most optimistic fan there is, or the most deluded.

• Tsunki

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:02 AM

Jib you can’t resist displaying your cretinous lack of context can you?

107Jib // Feb 21, 2017 at 10:03 PM

WWSBRD

Apologies

I got you confused with the other pompous know-it-all windbag Tsunki (an easy mistake)

This is just a sample of the 12 hours of shite he came out with about Mitro’s injury

Tsunki // Jan 8, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Regarding mitros injury, a deep wound laterally across the muscle group would be deemed potentially a structural tear that would need to be treated with care especially with regard to immobilising the limb. A wound in line with the muscle group less so.

He just went on and on – it was a cut kneee ffs”

Point out the inaccurate part and I will gladly represent you in my correction to the sports injury clinic concerned, I’m sure your Modern European History degree will sway it. If you had even basic first aid training you would know this, evidently you are the one of many who shamefully don’t think you need it. And let’s remember it was in response to your being aghast that Mitrovic should have slapped a plaster on it and jumped up to continue the game. You are a controversy binger by trade, no more.

• Moonraker15

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Huddersfield will fall away although they are a good team they won’t keep winning as that would be almost impossible. I think we will beat them at their place and that will be the turning point!

• Moonraker15

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Mag52
    We will beat Huddersfield!