This Brilliant Young Midfielder Would Be Great Newcastle Signing

It’s obvious that Rafa needs to increase the creativity of his side in central midfield this summer and the Spanish manager did his best to sign 26 year-old James McCarthy from Everton last month but was unsuccessful.

James could still be a target for Newcastle in the summer depending on how much he plays for Everton through the end of the season,  but Rafa is also looking at some of the top younger players he may want to bring into the club and then turn into top players on Tyneside.

We have been linked for the last six months or so with a top young player at Anderlecht – 19 year-old playmaker Youri Tielemans – who now has 16 goals in 35 games for the Belgian club this season and is attracting the  attention of some big clubs.

19 year-old Youri Tielemans of Anderlecht

Youri Tielemans has a Belgian father and a mother of Congolese descent and he became the youngest Belgian player to play in the Champions League when he made his Champions League debut at the age of only 16 years and 148 days in October, 2013.

Tielemans made his senior debut for Belgium on 9th November last year when he came on as a late sub in a friendly with the Netherlands which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Before that he had played 28 times for the various Belgium Youth sides scoring 16 goals.

He is one of the top young prospects in world football and has already played over 167 games for Anderlecht with 33 goals and he doesn’t turn 20 until May.

Youri made his first-team debut against Lokeren back in July of 2013, so he’s been a first team player for almost four years.

It’s hardly surprising that some top clubs are monitoring his progress, but since we signed both Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba from Anderlecht almost two years we could do it again with young Youri Tielemans.

Rafa is very ambitious and if he rates this youngster then he could go all out and try to bring the teenager to Newcastle this summer.

He would be a terrific singing – if we can get him – but he will not come cheap.

And Rafa Benitez and Newcastle United will be a very good draw for any top player this summer – if we are back in the Premier League.

What do you think?

• Mister Tuff

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:36 PM

I wonder how many “promises” Benitez has for the summer – on the basis players would not commit themselves as it was uncertain whether we would be back in the PL.
    I would like to think there are at least a couple who have shown an interest in joining us.

Other point – Chelsea youngsters/rejects/loanees – should keep away from them. If they were any use they probably will not be leaving Chelsea.

• WWSBRD

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Our Toon
    From previous
    Fair enough I think u have forgotten how he was seen in football when they hired him though which was my point and not for me comparing his time with Greece to Rafas time with Madrid

Ranieri is an ok manager nothing more to me nice bloke though

• Mister Tuff

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Jib Jibberish – respect dude.

From the honourable but yet unachievable dreams of some of our more gullible and guileless posters it only took you a couple of hours to revert to norm and start calling folks names.

For not letting us down RESPECT dude.

• WWSBRD

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Tuff
    I wouldn’t mind getting some Chelsea youngsters mate. I know what u mean with them not leaving if they were great but it’s hard to break into such a good team with such finances when ur young

That Solanke for example seems a good prospect and RLC looked pretty good from what ive seen of him but will struggle to get a chance at Chelsea

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM

I said a few weeks ago how much longer can they give Ranieri before letting him take them down and there is no doubt that the way things were going he was. I might have thought they would have given him until the return leg against Sevilla but that’s three weeks ago and two important home games in between. Not being harsh but does a league title automatically give you impunity to take the club down as well. I often have wondered if manxpie works for the LMA myself, you can blame the players all you want but you can’t sack sixteen blokes in February, they were sinking like a stone and something had to give.

• browny1107

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Unfortunately I dont think we have a chance in hell of signing this lad. He will go to a champs league team for £40M+.
    Happy to be served a big slice of humble pie if I’m wrong but I think he is a stretch too far for us.

• jinxeddeep

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Please please sign him up…I’ve been a big fan of his over the last two years. Immense potential and mor importantly, he’s got the one thing that most young talents don’t have; temperament. Very astute player with a good head on his shoulders.

• jinxeddeep

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:15 PM

but personally, I think we’re too late. we should have done it last year. He’s too famous and wanted now for us to stand a chance.