It’s Still Touch And Go For This Player’s Future At Newcastle

We have noticed when Newcastle players are interviewed they say similar things to their manager and seem fully committed to the Rafa Benitez way of looking at things in football.

Maybe that’s because in every single training session Rafa rams the basic things into them – only think of the next game – concentration is key – we must take our chances – and things like that?

🙂

Christian Atsu in training – he looks happy enough

Today Christian Atsu is interviewed and he did himself a lot of good on Saturday in the second half when he was one of our very best players and in fact ended up as our Man of the Match.

Newcastle need Christian to be at his very best in these final 13 games of the season and we probably need 8 wins to get that promotion but we lost out on getting one of them against Bristol City and picked up just the one point at home.

This is what Christian has said today in a rather long interview as reported in the Chronicle:

“It’s very important for the games ahead, they are the most important ones.”

“We will prepare well, we are mentally strong and we are really focused on what we want to achieve.”

“We approach every game with 100 per cent concentration. We are always positive and our performance in the second half was very good.”

“It is football, anything can happen. We’re going there to Brighton to work hard and try to win for Newcastle.”

“Our away form is good, because we are together, we have very a good team spirit, we are really organised and it is difficult for teams to break us down.”

“It’s two points dropped,”  “It’s a game that we have to win and not drop points in.

“But there are so many surprises in football so we just have to concentrate on Brighton.”

“In the first half they defended really well and we conceded two early goals.”

“In the second half we tried to press them more, and we were much better and created a lot of chances from which we could have won the game.”

“Always I keep being positive and I thought we could have won it.”

“I’m really disappointed for myself because I could have scored at the end to win the game. I have to score.”

“There have been many games in which I could not score and I’m really disappointed that I could not score.”

“The manager is always encouraging us to keep learning, keep concentrating and learn from our mistakes.”

“He wants us to stay focused for the next few games.”

Atsu seems to listen intently to what Rafa tells him and he tries to carry those instructions out on the field and he also seems very keen to improve his game.

So his future very much rests at Newcastle if he can find some top form for us and help the club get promoted in May.

We hope he can do exactly that, and if he does then it’s likely Rafa will make the move permanent.

But at the moment it’s really touch and go whether Newcastle will take up their option and sign the 25 year-old.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ShirebrookToon

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:35 PM

Palace fans Graffiti their own team bus thinking it was Middlesbrough’s, fcuking clampits lmao

• G

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM

I would deffo sign Atsu, the more I see of him, the more I like. I definitely believe he could do a job in the Prem.

• WWSBRD

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Shire
    Saw that haha silly bairns

• ShirebrookToon

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:38 PM

He needs a decent run of games to get up to speed, as he can be a real pain the arse for the oppo fullbacks

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:46 PM

Jeezus.H. Christos, some thoroughly depressing morbib characters on here lately, wouldn’t have liked to.have been in the trenches with someone from the West Lancs brigade or a toon kk division.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Don’t worry everyone,after Ashleys shenanigans in January we might get a new manager in September after Rafa leaves in May, Monkers standing in while a replacement is found will give you whinging so and so’s something to truly moan about.

• G

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:49 PM

His final ball was consistently being over-hit on Saturday, however, I think this is something that regular games will correct.

• WWSBRD

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Atsus main problem isn’t going to change this season Ritchie is too important on the right and Dummett needs supervision on the left then summer comes and we have other options…i can’t see us signing him but Rafa may surprise

• jayphoto

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM

@wwsbrd – can’t see us signing him either! Similarly, unless its for something stupid like 8m, can’t see us signing any of the reported January targets like townsend or McCarthy.
    Reckon the transfer targets as a premier league club will be totally different

• WWSBRD

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:09 PM

jay
    If Rafa stays I reckon we will still be after them both come summer but it’ll depend on a few things how hard we go for them mainly price tag. I think McCarthy was a PL club target tbh

• West Lancs Geordie

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:16 PM

Hey JFA. Please don’t label me a whinger. I’m just a realist! Let’s face it over recent times we have just been bumbling along picking up & dropping points without any sort of real form. The next three games will define our season & confirm whether or not Cashley made another great blunder by not investing in January to strengthen the side or whether he gets away with it. Either way I think RAFA will be off.I think he has had enough of Your mate Ashley. Perhaps Ranieri would be the answer?. I feel that the Huddersfield game is the decisive one (must not lose) & that three draws could see us OK. We have Wigan & Burton both at home after that but they are far from gimmies given our poor record against lowly teams especially at home.

• hibbit

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:44 PM

have any of this lot of whinging whining tosspots looked at the league table lately or the fact of 9 games without defeat
    West Lancs Geordie which poor record is that ???

football manager /fifa has a lot to answer they all think they know best when in fact they know very little