Alan Shearer Delighted With Great Come From Behind Win

Here is Alan Shearer’s instant reaction to Newcastle beating an in-form Brighton side, after the home side had gone ahead after only 14 minutes with a harsh penalty given against Ciaran Clark for a foul on Glenn Murray by referee Robert Madley.

But two goals in the last 9 minutes of the game from Mo Diame and sub Ayoze Perez was enough for a terrific 3 points and puts us back on top of the league.

Now we have to beat Huddersfield on Saturday and we could go 11 points ahead of the 3rd placed side.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Brighton?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Bambams

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Repost….Ed is quick tonight.

Just seen Diame goal…..

I have never seen a luckier goal in my life.

But I will take it.

Well done boys, now for Huddersfield

• Our Toon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:19 PM

Bambams

Personally I think it’s goal of the season ahaha

• Bambams

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Our Toon

I read the comments on the blog and saw so many laughing…..But my god when your luck is in !

We might be talking about these 3 points come May !

• WWSBRD

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Hoots is still class even in defeat needs to sort his diving team out though

And the long balls man

• martoon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Pretty good to do the double over your nearest rivals.

• JamesToon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Murphy changed the game for us.

Massive 3 points.

• MikeAshleysWallet

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Credit to the our fans too, even when we were looking really flat in the second half they kept on singing their hearts out.

• Toonces

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Diame’s goal was pure class. Recognized the scuffed shot by Atsu, read the spin on the ball, cheeky little heel touch and flick-chip to the top corner. Unstoppable piece of skill. Goal of the Season! Messi will be practicing that trick for months 🙂

• RUNAWAY777

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:24 PM

3 cans of kopperberg left then bed what a great night for all our fan so we move on to Huddersfield and I hope forest stuff Brighton at the weekend H.W.T.L

• Toonces

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:25 PM

should be a winky face on the end there 😉

• JamesToon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:25 PM

Colback will probably start but my team for hudds would be

Darlow

Yedlin
    Lascelles
    Clark
    Dummett

Shelvey
    Mbemba/Diame/Anita

Atsu
    Perez
    Ritchie

Murphy

• Bobbybee

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:28 PM

7Bobbybee // Feb 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Sheet, just seen you bad news Ed. Luckily this is a cancer that can be cured mate, so best of luck with it. No doubt you’ll fight it like a true Geordie and kick its arse. Thinking of you matey

• JamesToon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:28 PM

Can’t stand colback atm, he limits our attacking play so much, shelvey gets so frustrated with him and dummett when they go sideways/backwards/hoof it

he won some second balls colback but he just puts unneccessary pressure on our defence imo.

Dummett pretty much had knockaert in his back pocket though.

• Our Toon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM

I think Murphy got a touch on atsu miss-hit shot, but the finish from Diame was something else. Poor lad was embarrassed by it and didn’t want to celebrate it ahaha. Over the moon with that result and the performance wasn’t to bad.

• stripes1009

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Why is it, we never ge penalise when our players shirt s are tugged….Disgustng!

• Average_Contents

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Ronaldo

Completely agree. Diame next to Shelvey changed the game in our favour.

Should be the midfield pairing while Hayden is out imo.

Obviously Murphy coming on gave another dimension to our play and tied up previously free defenders who’d had fcukall to do all game (virtually)

What a win, what a feeling. Almost like the Norwich one. Hopefully they’ll nosedive just like they did.

Bring on udders.

Who you supporting on Saturday blackley

• Australian Pie

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM

The boys! Never had a doubt. The boys get the job done again.

Reading through the messages, complaining about Rafa and the players, pull your heads in. As I said previously I don’t want to read any negative comments till at least the next game.
    Hopefully can find some more positive people around this blog after today.

• Our Toon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Bobby

Good words for Ed, I echo those sentiments, all the best Ed!!

James – Dummett was very good tonight, he saved darlow when our keeper made yet another error.

I wouldn’t be sad to see Anita get a game at RB, yedlin didn’t play well tonight and his crossing needs work

• Average_Contents

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:33 PM

What news from ed?

Can’t see anything on the mobile site as far as I can tell.

• Our Toon

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:35 PM

I hope Houghton gets promoted but only after we secure our safe passage, hopefully we beat Huddersfield and finish off there challenge

• catchy in norway

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM

OT

i’d be happy for Anita to play in MF in play of colback or RB, Yedling will come good, but i think having richie in front of him tonight was not great

• catchy in norway

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM

i mean Atsu

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM

We had more possession, shots on targets, corners and attempts and were down to a dubious penalty yet Moanster can’t give credit to an excellent win without backhanded compliments, call yourself a fan, don’t care how many buses you got to games, you’re a disgrace. Excellent, excellent win tonight and more of the same against Huddersfield on Saturday and Reading will shyte themselves.

• chicousa

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:38 PM

That goal by Diame!!! “The side foot of God” ?? 🙂

• yorkymag

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Well said jail

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM

Yorky,
    I’m fed up to the back teeth at his nit picking of the team and manager!

• yorkymag

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:43 PM

Tonight
    We were more than pretty good and Rafa got the selection spot on
    Credit where it’s due
    16 points to the promised land if we beat Huddersfield

• toon kk

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Great game and a fantastic result.
    Well done to the players. Proud of them.

• Munster Mag

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Jail, have a look at the analysis by Rob Lee after the game and the Irish guy. Both reflect what I am saying. Never had my loyalty to the Toon questioned. Only by a no nowt twat on the internet. Get stuffed , I’m glad I occupy your thoughts so much when you keep reflecting to what I say after a game. A guy cant make his own assessment of the game because it might offend your Rafa loyalty? Laughable idiot. Rafa did well and not so well in this game – same as the players. I think we were a little lucky to win. Many analysts will agree with that. Its not an unbalanced unfair opinion. I can discuss football with smart guys on here like Bobby, Lilongwe, Average, and many more. But if anyone questions Rafa’s tactics , you get in a strop. Grow up you halfwit.

• yorkymag

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM

Munster
    I am not sure you listened to rob Lee and the “Irish guy ” too carefully !!! They were spot on in their analysis re home and away pressure of sjp
    I would respectfully suggest you heard what you wanted to hear
    We got a lucky goal but played really well ,we were the best team and considering we were playing the top team in the division who had a goal start due to a dubious penalty,why would we expect it all our own way
    Rafa pretty much got it spot on ,the players were great never gave up and showed real quality at the end

AND WE WON

Celebrate it

• Munster Mag

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM

York I disagree. I don’t think Rafa got it spot on. The penalty was questionable but. I think the commentator agreed because of Clarkes arms etc. I don’t think we wud be claiming we had been robbed if we drew 1-1? I’m thrilled mate. I was watching the TV in Ireland when we lost to man city in the league cup final. A long time loyalist. I have questioned why we don’t attack teams more because we have better players than all of them. I like Rafa and he has improved the club loads but people can’t criticise him here for fairly held opinions because it annoys the Rafa freaks!?? Not including u in that mate