Brighton 1 Newcastle 2 – Video Highlights For Overseas Fans

Here’s the Sky Sports video highlights of the amazing Championship game last night when Newcastle put Brighton under more and more pressure in that second half and scored two late goals to win the game 2-1.

Referee Robert Madley again didn’t show himself to be a Newcastle fan as he gave a very dubious penalty for Brighton after 14 minutes.

It was for a foul on Murray by Ciaran Clark – a lot of referees would have given the foul against Murray who also embarrassingly dived to try to get a penalty in the second half, for which he should have been booked.

Here’s the video highlights that should play around the world with Mo Diame scoring the luckiest goal he will get in his career, although we understand he practices those chips in training.

🙂

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:58 AM

I watched it on TV and that equaliser had me laughing for ages.

Classy finish from Ayoze- really hoping this’ll send him back into form because I thought he’d rip up the championship but hasn’t really been able to.

One moment annoyed me like mad though- someone nicked the ball in their half and played it to Murphy in what was a great overload of 4 attackers on 3 defenders I think. All he had to do was slide it in to either one of the players just to his right and left and they would’ve been in on goal but no: he just had a lazy swing at the ball from outside the box and totally messed it up.

It was such a basic chance ruined by stupid selfishness. I have no problem with strikers wanting to shoot a lot, but not when it’s just stupidity . Just like Kane, he shoots an awful lot from sometimes unlikely angles/ places but will still feed a teammate in if they have a better prospect of scoring.

• brklyngeordie

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:30 AM

Not getting enough credit for me is Darlow had a few brilliant saves last night just saying

• chicousa

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:48 AM

brklyngeordie
    I think Darlow had a great game except for the instance right after HT where he came out a bit too late to get the cross that Lewis Dunk nearly headed home and where Dummett cleared brilliantly off the line. Nevertheless Darlow played well.
    Actually this was a full team win. Everyone seemed to be backing each other up and everyone seemed to have one or two poor moments, only to be picked up by a teammate.

BTW: The penalty that was given was completely bogus!
    At the end Brighton players looked tired and a bit slow compared to the Mags: all credit to Rafa and staff and their physical conditioning work. That last 15 minutes was all domination by NUFC!

• expatmag

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:11 AM

I like Chris Hughton but his comments regsrding his team deserving to win last night are not supported by the facts nor the statistics.

I thought tbe penalty decision was generous to say the least.

As for the statistics

Possession…..54% against 46%
    Shots……19 against 10
    Corners…..6 against 3

All in our favour

• Lindisfarne

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:45 AM

Before we scored they showed the possession and then the action on the pitch graphic, which showed that although we had by far more of the ball it was in our third (46%) and the middle third (46%). I just thought here we go again, supposedly controlling the game without troubling their defense.

Thankfully we scored and other than their penalty, we kept them at bay. The winner was a superb example of what Brighton usually do to others, exploiting the gap behind the full back with a long diagonal and getting the pacey winger one on one with the centre back. It just showed the lack of purpose we generally have in the final third, although the opposition usually pack their defense.

Extremely glad for the win and on to the next one. I would like to see the team that finished this match start the next and see us take Huddersfield to the sword.

• G

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:50 AM

When Goofy didn’t score that one on one with their keeper I was beginning to think it was going to go goalless for us. Excellent work from the team. Darlow MOM for me.

• hibbit

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:05 AM

O ye of little faith

• Thump

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:33 AM

@Lindisfarne: We really were out of ideas by 60 minutes, but bringing Murphy on gave us a focal point which we had been missing before that point.

I actually think Huddersfield is going to be the tougher game, and I’m less confident we can go there and beat them, but with the same team, and same attitude that we finished the match with we have an opportunity to smash them.

• G

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:37 AM

On the Diame goal debate, he has already stated it was unintended. To me it looked like he was trying to trap it, but got a flukey deflection. Brilliant, nearly as entertaining as the one John Beresford scored with his backside.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:17 AM

Thump

Potentially Rafa could say that the two opportunities to score would not have happened without Diame and Gouffran grinding them down for 60-70 minutes. But I would prefer to see the more dynamic interchange and movement that we saw after the substitutions and Diame has never appeared to me to be comfortable playing the second striker role.

At the moment IMO Rafa is more concerned with not losing possession rather than offering an attacking threat. There certainly is an inbalance in the side but I would much prefer to see it tip towards being a goal threat.

• mindshaft

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:27 AM

Was at game last night, Diame was terrible until he was moved into midfield , his first touch is sholaesque – we were terrible first 15 mins but grew into the game and should have been level at halftime – second half was all toon although mostly around halfway line with sideways passing which isn’t great to watch
    Lascelles, Shelvey, Atsu and Ritchie were our best players – Dummett and Colback had decent games and their work off the ball is often missed by those not at the game
    Fans were mint