Rafa Benitez’ Sky Sports Interview After Massive Win – Video

Rafa Benitez was cool, calm and collected after our second massive win in five days and although the Terriers had plenty of possession this afternoon they didn’t really threaten Newcastle too much and their goal was a penalty.

Rafa gives the players huge credit for this win in this interview.

Matt Ritchie today – he looks happy
He just scored a penalty

Here’s Rafa’s interview with Sky Sports after the game – a study in calmness.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Huddersfield?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• JamesToon

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:21 PM

Thought everyone was superb defensively especially Lascelles and Clark.

Shelvey also put in a very good defensive performance apart from the pen

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM

To me , that was a far greater tactical masterclass than Brighton. A brilliant win, like Mourinho in europe with Porto. Awesome control from us and some stellar displays.

• clinath@ed

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM

Well. Called that all wrong. Didn’t see the match, but from what I’ve read, I thought if we concede too much possession we’d get hammered. That’s why Rafa gets the big bucks and I just scream at the TVs/radio.
    Well done lads HWTL HWTF

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Rare repost.
    No bingo winners tonight so no surprise there, but well done to those who did have Anita in at RB, just a shame that they tried to shoehorn Yedlin in on the wing as well otherwise they might have had a well earned five points.

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Lascelles was a rock. Hats off to Rafa, full credit . That looked an extremely well coached team out there. Gayle scored for my season bet – but I may have lost the betting slip . Noooo!!!

• Munster Mag

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Jail, that was me. I had Anita at right back and Yedlin on wing. Not the worst choice ever.

• Belfast

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM

I thought both penalties were soft myself but both of them were penalties.

• Ron Knee

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:28 PM

“Tonight, #NUFC equalled their best EVER away win record in a league season with their 13th win, the same as Kevin Keegan’s 92/93 side.”

• firebug666

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Ron

So on Tuesday we go on and beat it then. HWTL!

• mindshaft

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Pretty much restricted them to pot shots from 35 yards – good team defensive display albeit not so great to watch if I’m honest

• Bobbybee

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Replied over Munster, go back to read it. Ed always does me. 🙂 Better find that betting slip matey! No doubt it’ll turn up, surely it’s in the house somewhere? Somewhere safe obviously – too safe!

Only one behind Wood now jail, fear not, he’ll catch him.

• Ron Knee

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM

firebug

Hope so!

• Sheikh MagToon

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Ed, sorry to hear about your latest health update. Keep fighting and stay strong and promise yourself a game in the Prem next season .

• JackBall

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:33 PM

I keep on wishing by life away hoping the next game will come. Best week we had in a long time.

• Shoulders knees

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Really pleased we showed real battling qualities in the last two games, I agree with Bobbybee about Anita and Yedlin , Yedlin gives us pace attacking and in games like this it is another outlet, although I am not moaning about Anita’s performance at all, an enjoyable end to a awkward week.

• JackBall

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM

Realized y comment may have sounded insensitive. I was speaking about football only.

Ed, I don’t know you, but appreciate you and sending all the good will I can. F**king cancer.

• wynsleap

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Excellent win today from the lads and a very professional performance. Would still like to see more composure from Dummett, less needless fouling from Colback and Mo to stop his habit of running with the ball into two or three players and losing possession (although he did work hard today) but Darlow, Ritchie and the two centre backs must take a lot of credit for keeping Huddersfield in check.
    Nice to see Dwight back in harness and with his usual goal too. That run out will have done his confidence no harm at all.
    Finally well done Murphy. Have to say I don’t think Mitro would have scored that. Good skill for a big fella.
    On a sadder note, Ed, sorry to hear about your unwelcome health diagnosis, Keep your chin up and keep fighting against adversity just like the Toon. Best of luck.

• Shoulders knees

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM

Ed,
    Really gutted with your news, keep on fighting we are all behind you.

• stripes1009

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM

I think Clark has been a ‘unsung’ hero all season. Some said he was dodgy when we signed him. I think he’s been very good for us and very reliable. Great signing, great experience. Think Rafa has turned him to a very good player.

• yorkymag

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Wyn
    Just back from the game
    Had to sit in the home section a bit nervous to start but soon relaxed when I realised I was in the middle of about 50 toon fans
    I thought dummett was great today , he never stopped and was under massive pressure
    The Huddersfield fans around us had him mom