Newcastle Fans React To A Good 7 Points From 9

The Newcastle fans were happy enough with the 0-0 draw last night and a number of them drove back from the Madejski Stadium in pouring rain – but their passion and commitment to the club is outstanding.

The away fans don’t get the credit they deserve.

We were a little disappointed we didn’t get the win, but maybe all 3 points against Fulham on Saturday and we’ll be on our way again.

We’re not too far away now from that promotion – if we can keep winning games.

Ayoze Perez in action last night at Reading

Here’s some typical tweets from supporters.

And there’s always the comedian 🙂

• martoon

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:42 AM

I only listened to the commentary on BBC Newcastle so very hard to choose a MotM although Dummett sounded like he had a decent game. Defended well and even got forward a few times.

• yorkymag

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:46 AM

I am not sure I see it as 2 points list?
    Rather a good point at a team fighting for automatic
    Taking a solid point is good taking two off reading is also good,I think that’s it for them play offs only
    Mathematical Leeds could still go automatic but I am calling 2 from 3
    If we win the next two it will be huddersfield as champions and us second

• Sheikh MagToon

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Not a bad call, but having been there, Lascelles gets my vote. Cleared up every danger all night with minimum fuss, as well as covering for Gamez who us crap.

• sparky55

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:51 AM

Aye…7 points out of 9 against the top boys and as predicted…so all we have to do now is grind out the points against the clubs at the lower end of the table and show the class we have.

We need to stuff Fulham but IMO that’s got a draw written all over it,

37 11.03.2017 Fulham home DRAW
    38 18.03.2017 Birmingham City away WIN
    39 01.04.2017 Wigan Athletic home WIN
    40 05.04.2017 Burton Albion home WIN
    41 08.04.2017 Sheffield Wednesday away LOSE
    42 14.04.2017 Leeds United home DRAW
    43 17.04.2017 Ipswich Town away WIN
    44 22.04.2017 Preston North End home WIN
    45 29.04.2017 Cardiff City away LOSE
    46 07.05.2017 Barnsley home WIN

20 More points and we comfortably come 2nd (or just sneak 1st 🙂 )….Brighton have an easier run-in says Mystic Meg

• danuneek

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:59 AM

We seem to play better away from home, so I wouldn’t count this next home game as a certain win. The players seem to struggle with the crowd at home, particularly if they have a slow start and the crowd get on their backs. I think this is one reason why we’ll always struggle to be successful, when the fans get going they can be some of the best, but equally they can be some of the worst.

• firebug666

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:03 AM

sparky55

Decent predictions, but I have a gut feeling that this team can now make it to the end of the season unbeaten. Every game is tough, and I think lessons have been learned. Rafa spoke about how we can do it away from home and how we have to start winning at home.

Brighton may have an easier run in, but we do have a bigger and better squad so for that reason I think we will finish 1st comfortably.

• yorkymag