Newcastle Fans React To Disastrous Display And Result

In the last two games Newcastle have lost 5 points on both Brighton and Huddersfield and if the Terriers win their game in hand they will be only 3 points behind Newcastle.

So with the shocking 3-1 defeat to Fulham laden with errors from Newcastle yesterday we will have to fight for an automatic promotion spot – and nothing is certain.

We have to hope our players aren’t choking this late in the season.

In the last two home games Newcastle have one point and have conceded 5 goals and our home form is our Achilles heel.

Rafa Benitez on the touchline yesterday
Horror show from Newcastle

Newcastle yesterday made far too many mistakes and we looked a poor side.

If we don’t get promoted this season it will be a disaster worse than being relegated last season.

Here’s some reaction from the Newcastle fans.

• toontaff2

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:27 AM

A very hollow BINGO 5 pointer!

Very poor display from us after first 10 minutes looked like we were up for it.

• toontaff2

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Outplayed.
    Out-thought.
    Out-worked.
    That was the first time all season a team really did put us to the sword and we could have easily been beaten by more. Hopefully that will not happen again this season.
    Fair play to Fulham – we certainly do not want to end up in the play-offs v them!

• toontaff2

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:31 AM

The best footballing team, but we made them look like Barcelona!

• toontaff2

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Time to read the comments/moans!

• posada

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Two things I am seeing at home. Not just yesterday. Probably for the last 7 or 8 home games.
    1) We can’t build from the back. We have to go sideways then back to the keeper, who then hits it long.
    2) When possession is lost in midfield the other side is able to break quickly. In seconds they often have a 4 against 3.

It happens time and again.
    Why ? Well all I will say is there is something badly wrong with the balance of the team. Also, if you put bodies forward there has to be a method for backing up the play. Clearly we fail at that.

• kimbo

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Well Rafa proved that he is not as good as we think.It was totally obvious that his tactics were not working at halftime, he then waits till it is 3-0 before he makes changes. ANITA was the worst player I have seen and was destroyed by a 16 year old kid, he should never play for us again.Next is Dummett, all I can say is Lazaar must be absolutely cr@p.
    Rafa you are to blame for your negative tactics and you should hang your head in shame. Automatic promotion is looking very doubtful now.

• posada

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:38 AM

Toontaff
    We stand off teams. If you give players time and space they will thrive on it.
    I don’t think we are able to play a high tempo game that puts pressure on the other side.

• kimbo

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:42 AM

Another game where our possession is in the 30% region, another home performance like this and the crowd will and should turn on Rafa, not good enough.

• yorkymag

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:09 AM

First the good news we are still top
    Now the bad
    I have run the numbers today and I have us missing automatic
    I see us 5 wins ,2 draws and 2 defeats 17 points giving a total of 94
    I have Brighton 18 giving a total of 97 and Huddersfield 26 giving a total of 97 points
    Had we won yesterday I would have been calling promotion !
    Interestingly if we miss out on 94 points it will be the highest points total to finish 3 rd in the championship
    Don’t book your holidays we have at least two unwanted extra games coming up

• Moonraker15

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:48 AM

One to forget having beaten Brighton and Huddersfield comprehensively! That’s this crazy league and Fulham fans must be more frustrated than us not even being in the play off spots. Will they be criticising their manager for under achieving? I doubt it! You have to ask why are the so low in the league and that’s down to who? I know one thing; I’d pick Rafa any day to sort this out. He wanted more creativity in midfield in January and couldn’t get it! What I see is we can’t play out of defence when teams press, so have to launch the ball. At home we should press higher up not giving possession. Anyway we’re top and only lost 1 in 10 ! Howay the Lads !

• Moonraker15

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Yorky
    Huddersfield will have another bad run as they did before. No way will they get 97 points; that’s 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 10 games! What are you on?

• Moonraker15

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:13 AM

If Fulham were that good consistently they would have more than 60 points; and if we were that bad consistently we wouldn’t have 77 points. Time for some of you to support the manager and the team ! I’m unhappy but Rafa will sort it! Ffs relax!

• Moonraker15

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM

What a difference a week makes! Well here’s my prediction for next week. (I was spot on with predictions against Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading)!
    1. Bristol city to beat or at least draw with Huddersfield.
    2. Toon to beat Birmingham
    3. Leeds to beat Brighton.

Normal service will be resumed!

Howay the Lads!

• ic0gcds00

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:22 PM

After witnessing yesterdays game and all of our other home games this season i have to say rafa doesnt strike me as a world class manager.
    I cannot believe his tactics at home and the choice of personel in positions they are not suited ,

,he has done this at home this season quite a lot ,needless to say our very poor home form.
    I hope this doesnt come to haunt us come the end of the season.
    Iam bewildered and very disatisfied watching our style of play and find it strange we dont pass the ball better,so for rafa the jury is out.

• ic0gcds00

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM

I agree with you fully

• Moonraker15

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM

ic
    You must be another Mackem infiltrator or else you know nothing about football. Rafa has nothing to prove; look at his record here and previously.