Injury Will Rule Top Transfer Target Out Of Summer Move

You cannot ever say that 25 year-old Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has been lucky with injuries lately,  but on the other hand they have shown what a tough and strong character he is.

Callum suffered another serious ACL injury in early February to his left knee and will be out for the rest of the season and sometimes these injuries keep players out for up to a year and sometimes even longer than that.

The irony is that Callum also suffered an ACL injury early last season September 2015 which kept him out for most of the season (eight months) before he returned in April of last year.

Callum Wilson – out for the season with serious ACL injury

So that’s two serious ACL injuries in about 21 months for the striker.

🙁

This is what Callum has said on the Bournemouth web-site about his latest injury:

“It’s going well. I’m six weeks post-op now and I feel like I’m ahead of where I was last time in terms of moving and gym work – it’s probably down to having the experience of the injury before.”

“My head’s in a good place and I think my injury recovery’s going well.”

“It’s easier going through it a second time because out of that bad situation you’ve got that experience of how to get through it how to get back fit and string again.”

“I feel like when I returned last time I wasn’t back to my best at all for a while so this time there have been things I’ve changed.”

If Callum was Rafa’s top striker transfer target this summer that will now likely change, but maybe if Callum is fit in January Rafa could still potentially go after him if he is keen to get him on Tyneside.

These serious injuries are always very  difficult for footballers and our two goalkeepers Tim Krul and Rob Elliot are only just back from recovering from their Anterior Cruciate Ligament injuries.

Let’s hope that  Callum makes a good and speedy recovery – this lad has guts.

• G

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:26 AM

A shame, because I rate the player, but 2 ACL injuries in such a short time makes him too risky in my opinion.

• magspuggy

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:47 AM

How much would “Peter B” cost if available at todays crazy prices.

One of the best players I have ever seen .

Nice touch the letter from him and the club I hope it made your day ED.

Oi beardies why aren’t you teaching the first time how to score from set pieces ??

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:48 AM

Not been too clever this last week or so, have I missed much? Traore from the Boro might be worth a punt. I know he’s a bit ‘headless chicken’ at the moment, but nothing good coaching couldn’t fix. Tremendous strength and pace and I reckon Rafa could turn him into a really good player.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM

mank an audacious offer for Rashford. Out of favour and World Cup year next season.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM

gmorning bobby, good to see you back sir… hope all is well

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Magspuggsy, Beardo is a shining example of players who did what they say you shouldn’t – go back to an old club. He was brilliant first time around and you thought he’d struggle to live up to that, but he just carried on being brilliant. I think we’re one of those clubs where you can come back to and be successful. As long as a player gives his all he’ll be welcomed and Peter certainly did that. I still think we haven’t seen the end of Andy Carroll either. Dunno why, it just keeps nagging.

• magspuggy

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Bobby

He was my first toon hero.

My first game he scored a free kick @ home with one foot and then again with the other foot and I was hooked…

I also had his poster from the pink in my bedroom till mam stole it and put it above the manle to scare the kids away from the fire ?

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Morning doc, Aye, feeling better now thanks. As long as I’m good for next weekend, that’s all that matters. Really looking forward to this run in. I think we’re better equipped of the three to plough through April. We’ve given Brighton and Huddersfield chances to catch us up and they’ve declined each time. Huddersfield in particular looked shot at when they lost at Bristol City, they Must’ve been happy with this break. Doubt Must’ve crept in though marra, let’s see how they handle it. Hopefully we can win our two home games coming up. Exciting times again.

• G

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM

@6, given that Andy Carroll is into hitting women, and a complete p**s head I hope we have seen the last of him mate. Given his constantly injured status I would definitely swerve away from him anyway.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:05 PM

Carroll was the true heir to Shearer’s throne, was so gutted when we sold him.

His first proper season he was almost 1 in 2 like Shearer, then in the 6 months we had him in the PL he was better than 1 in 2.

Utterly monstrous and unplayable when fully fit and playing in the B&W gave him that little extra boost too.

If he ever came back it would have to be very soon, well imminently really, already 28. Career kind of passing him by due to injuries.

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM

Magspuggy, I was behind the goal at Portsmouth when he walked the ball in with players flying in all around him. Amazing goal. 🙂 Talk about cool. I was screaming at him to hit it, but he knew better!

• magspuggy

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:17 PM

Bobby, how much would you pay for him now if aged 21 again ??

Honestly you could offer me a pogba and I wouldn’t swap ya

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Magspuggy, he’d be worth a fortune mate. Well out of our price range for sure!

• magspuggy

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM

I wonder who the new lads will be ?

4-5 to keep us up I reckon then onwards into Europe

I wouldn’t have Carroll on a free. That ship has sailed.

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM

Too early to even talk about transfers really, but the speculation is always rife. I think Rafa will surprise us in the summer with who he’ll sign. Like he did last summer really. Sounds like he’s had scouts out all over Europe. Being a PL club has more pull than now, that much is for sure. His reputation will help to convince players to sign alone. Should be interesting either way.

• Wayayman

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Beardsley is Messi’s Dad.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:00 PM

bobby, may I make a suggestion to you, in this off week?

• mindshaft

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Depends on how much money Fatty hands out , presume we have the 30 million still as he loaned us another 25 million to cover relegation costs

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM

Feel free dok

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM

my local club, san Antonio fc, has their season opener on the road, this sunday at 6pm, cst… check out the stream.. were a div 2 team in the USL, but should be really good this season… may be worth a look from you…

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:10 PM

What time is that over here mate?

• Jib

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Wayayman
    “Beardsley is Messi’s Dad.”

Nah – Pedro pays his taxes
    😀

• toonincheek

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:14 PM

dok – don’t be a horrid colonial – just

GIVE US THE STREAM !

• Jib

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:16 PM

dok
    You going to Edinburg ?

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:21 PM

wow jib,

credit where its due, you found that fast lol…

unfortunately I cant go, laddie has a game this weekend, but we will stream it…

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:22 PM

and haha toonincheek, its on the USL website, unsure how to link that…

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:29 PM

just a thought if anyone needed to see a match, we have season tickets for the last twoyears…

• Jib

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:33 PM

dok – I have family who live just over the border in Nuevo Leon in Mexico

el link es aqui

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:38 PM

we have a smart tv, so we just search it on there… but this is the team that my lad looks to be accepted into their academy in the fall.. hes a keeper, and they seem to like him a lot…

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Good luck to your lad matey. Long hard road ahead of him but if he works hard he just might make it.

• Bobbybee

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM

Careful with that smart TV doc. The CIA are watching you! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Ed Just catching up with the posts, you must have been really chuffed to get that message from Peter.

Have you had the latest results yet, here’s hoping they have some good news for you.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM

appreciate it bobby,

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM

Going back several threads, if what Peter is saying about Good and FinDlay then a new CB may not be such a vital need.

I have high hopes for some of our young players including (one for Bobby) Adam Armstrong. Under the new regime we may even see some of them coming through.

So unless we’re are getting an AC type back then I don;t see Callum Wilson as a priority either.

I have said it before but I’d bet that NUFC have someone trawling through all of the blogs, not that I’m trying to diminish the worthiness of this one, still number 1 in my book.