Poll – Who Was Newcastle’s Man Of The Match Against Burton?

We got two wins at home against Wigan and Burton Albion and that’s what we all wanted and needed.

🙂

Now we need to win the remaining six games this season to go up in style and back to the Premier League at the very first attempt.

And as Rafa said after the game, there were a lot of positives to take from the Newcastle performance last night.

Matt Ritchie finally scores winner after 68 minutes

But the 56 year-old Spanish manager will demand improvement in some areas for our next game at Hillsborough on Saturday afternoon against a good Sheffield Wednesday side.

We need a win in that game too.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player Against Burton Albion?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• lesh

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Nowt to do with the lads, but here’s a bit of video showing Newcastle in 1987 and on a nice summer day too.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Lmao at those Mbemba votes.

I know some are glad to see him back, but whenever we sounded in any danger, it was usually Mbemba’s name at the source of it.

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Hail
    Were u at the game?

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Is there any news on why neither Colback or Hayden were on the bench?

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:39 AM

WWSBRD

Nah and I doubt the vast majority that voted for him were. If you could comprehend English you’d see I wrote “sounded.”.

• SuperShearer

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Has to be Ritchie all day. Would have been so easy for his head to drop after the officials made that stunning blunder but it did the opposite. For me he’s player of the season but a country mile. Hardworking, passionate, selfless, he’s a classic Rafa player and we need another four or five like him in the Prem in my opinion. I was shocked when he dropped down a division to join us but delighted he did. Class player.

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Hail
    So ur laughing at people voting on a MotM award on the internet who u have no idea of their view of it because u listened to the radio and when we were in trouble a defender was mentioned

I did comprehend it just thought it was daft and hoped ud made a mistake tbh

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:50 AM

WWSBRD

He wasn’t just mentioned, he was described as making a mistake on more than one occasion leading to dangerous situations.

It’s blatantly obvious Ritchie was MOTM so anybody voting differently, you included I imagine, is just being a contrarian for their pet biases.

Anyway, enough energy expended over a poll of no significance.

• WWSBRD

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Hail
    Described by a commentary team who are entirely negative and rarely say anything positive about our defense…Burton had 6 shots total and 2 on target so Mbemba couldnt of been too bad

I dont vote on these they are meaningless but equally I dont slate people who do

• posada

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM

I was at the game.
    I thought Mbemba was as good as anyone.
    Tried to play the ball out from the back. This can cause alarm bells but sooner or later someone has too.
    A few shakey moments in the last ten minutes, but that was true of all of them.

They sometimes play a bit thick. Last 45 seconds of added time. We are trying to keep it in the corner. Shelvey can’t help himself. Tries to cross to Murphy. They could have broken away and scored.

• hate

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:31 AM

This poll is getting more and more unnecessary 🙂

• rwpoynter

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:08 PM

Having not posted on here for a long time as I get tired of the petty arguing I would say two things.
    a) I wish Ed all the very best with his chemo. I have had prostate cancer and mine was surgically removed hopefully without repercussions ( nearly 6 years ago). I hope that this is successful finally for you Ed.
    b) About last night’s match.This penalty was given by the referee. Nigel Clough and Rafa will disagree for evermore about whether it should have been given or not, but at that stage it wasn’t the point, the ref made the decision. To then disallow the converted penalty for encroachment by Dwight Gayle without it being retaken ( and there are opinions that Burton players also encroached) is fine except that the rules demands it to be retaken, not a free kick to the defending side. That was a mistake by the ref , which to his credit he has apologised for. What really worries me , is that not only does a ref at this level make that mistake, which can be excused by the pressure of the moment, but that not one of the other three officials managed to get him to realise that mistake and persuade him to change it. Fortunately his error was not influential on the final result, but had it not been for Matt Ritchies goal, the implications for Newcastle’s promotion and Burton’s survival would have caused all sorts of repercussions. The fact that Rafa and Nigel Clough played it all down is testament to their quality as managers.