Benitez’ Message To His Newcastle Players Is Simplicity Itself

Rafa Benitez is nothing if not pragmatic and all he thinks of doing is putting a match plan together for the next games that pinpoints the opposing team’s strengths and weaknesses.

Newcastle will attack those weaknesses and plan to defend well against their strengths.

Rafa wants to win every game and if we do that at some point we will gain automatic promotion and have enough games left to overtake Brighton to win the league and be promoted as Champions.

That would be perfect.

Rafa Benitez – good example of giving 100% concentration during a game
He wants his players to do that too

This is what Rafa said yesterday about the mini-league of 8 games which started after the International break on April 1st.

“I said it was a mini league of eight games.” “We’ve won two and lost one now.” “Now we have to be sure we can get three points in the next game.”

“After that, we have to see where we are, but the main thing is to be sure we win our games and we are promoted.”

“And after that, we can fight for more things.” “It’s one at a time, the first thing is to get three points from this game.”

“The main thing is you control the game and you win.”  “Whether you score in the first minute or last minute, I don’t care.”

“The main thing is to be solid and then we can put them under pressure.”

So Rafa, as he has said all season. simply wants his players to concentrate on the next game and how we can win it.

If Newcastle can win the next three games and the Terriers also win their next three games we will be promoted on Monday 24th April at home Preston – which would be our third win in three games.

That would be very acceptable and it could come sooner if Huddersfield drop points and we keep winning.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leeds United?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:40 PM

Huddersfield may be getting the jitters even worse than us. They know they can ill afford any more slip-ups if they want automatic and consequently they seem to be crumbling under that scenario.

Hopefully Preston pull it off.

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Toon KK
    I go for 5-1 to the Toon, every week!
    5under1and!
    Maybe time for Graeme Danby to sing the Blaydon Races, pre-match, again, v Leeds?

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Bloody ‘Udders! 1-1

• Oldgit1

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:47 PM

I can see Perez starting as our loan striker tonight, been watching our defeat of Leeds at their ground, and gayle being used as a poacher and scoring two goals. Murphy on the bench. So my line up for tonigh will include Colback who played quite well.hanley, and gouffram. A close game with us winning 1-0

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Come on Preston Nob End!!

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Martoon from earlier,
    Oh yeah!!! So we’re one quality player away from playing more attacking football with two striker’s
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Not sure how other teams manage then but we’ll not go into that.
    Rafa has his style and that’s the way he plays, he may go more attacking late in the game.
    I’m not saying he isn’t a quality manager just he has one style.

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:56 PM

My last post was meant for moonraker

• catchy in norway

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Huddersfield passing the ball to death,

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:05 PM

toonkk
    On the day we achieve promotion, whenever that may be, will you be full of joy and celebrate like there’s no tomorrow…or will your overriding feeling be that we should have done better and attacked teams more?

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Toontaff
    I hope we do win 5-1, I’ll definitely have a good few beers. OK I’ll be having a good few what ever the score.!!!!!

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:09 PM

Munster, unless you know something nobody else does, you’re wrong. This is what Rafa said about Arma. ‘He’s a very good player with a great future in the game. But it would be unfair to ask a teenager to shoulder the responsibility of getting a team promoted. I want to use experienced players this season, so I want him to go out on loan to get more experience’. That’s not me saying it, or WWSBRD, or anybody else. That’s from the horses mouth. So unless I hear different from Rafa, I assume nothing’s changed.

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:12 PM

5-1 before the end of the season, so I get my BINGO bonus! 😀

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Bobby, are you calling RAFA, all hail him, a horse? 😮

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:14 PM

Sing
    For god sake stop beating yourself up about me pointing out a few home truths.
    I’m over the fkin moon , I’ll do a few cart wheels in the street once we’re promoted.

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM

According to SSN Ginger Jack has a virus HAyden doubtful! Another BINGO derailed 😡

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Beating myself up? Nah..
    Guess people derive their pleasure from being a supporter in different ways?
    You call it ‘pointing out a few home truths’.
    I call it whingeing non stop (despite us being in the automatic promotion spots, scoring hatfuls of goals, having performed a minor miracle in turning round a tailspinning disaster of a club in less than one whole season)
    But hey, opinions eh?

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Over the moon? Christ on a bike. I’d hate to see you on a downer.

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Different managers play different ways. Rafa’s way is generally 4231 and no amount of gnashing of teeth and wailing will alter that. That’s what he assembled the team for – those tactics. Unless it fails, he’s not going to change it. It hasn’t failed, we’re second and clear, why would he change? It’s his neck on the line. He sets a team up to get the results his way, not yours. If we fail, you will have your moment of glory, but it simply isn’t going to happen. Next season might be different. We have to wait and see obviously. He bought players to play HIS system. He knows their strengths and weaknesses. He knows what he’s doing, he’s the best manager we’ve ever had and ironically in the second tier. Promotion was his target and promotion is on the cards. Pretty football doesn’t succeed in this league often and he’s playing the percentages. Stop bleating, try enjoying it, because next season will be so much harder. If we go up on GD, he will have succeeded. If he changes a winning formula and it doesn’t work, he would rightfully be hammered. Trust the man ffs.

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Toontaff, Neigh, neigh, would I dare. 🙂

• catchy in norway

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM

BB

that goal difference is shrinking every game

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Norwich thump Reading 7-1 at home now losing 2-0 to Fulham at home. Bizarre league.

Plenty of teams like that.

• WWSBRD

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM

catchy
    Our goal difference is shrinking every game? Luckily for us we set it far higher than every team below us then eh haha Huddersfield have 4 and Reading -1

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Huddersfield get a second.

Maybe I should stop posting until their match is over. Coincided with them scoring last time I commented!

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Sing
    don’t worry mate, there’s more to my life than fkin football. Just like to be entertained, when Rafa was at Real Madrid alot of there fans were happy with the results but not the style of football.

• sing in the corner

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Toonkk
    Ah that’s ok then.
    Right, happy Easter all, off to the toon to begin the build up to what could be a very tasty game.
    Howay the lads!!
    (Oh and Preston…pull ya finger oot, and Wolves, do your duty!)

• JackBall

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Please stop posting than. I started out so great for the first 43 minutes and you had to open up your mouth. LOL

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Catchy, the points isn’t though matey. Huddersfield ain’t catching us up either way, points or GD. I still think we’ll win the league,but will happily take second place. A win tonight pretty much does the job, so stay calm, deep breaths and enjoy it. Doesn’t matter what anybody else does if we keep winning – we go up. Bit of late season excitement doesn’t hurt anybody. Doesn’t matter either way anyway, my ST will be renewed regardless of what league we’re in. My love is unconditional. Too late to change a habit of a lifetime now. 🙂

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Maybe we can get the fatman to splash oot on the Geordie Dancer, some clowns, jugglers and a few cheerleaders just for KK? 😉

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Keep quiet, HAIL – it’s a Desmond!

• JackBall

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Boibby,

Agree again, but I think I had enough excitement since last seasons final few games to now. Was hoping to sit back and blow smoke rings for the last few games. True, we watch football for the excitement, but I would have liked a rest. It is this anxiety that we keep seeing in so many post. Anxiety=negativity

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:41 PM

toontaff,
    That year we got promoted I decided I’d about £100 on 4-0 every home hame at odds of around 28’s. After getting beat off Stoke and Blackpool at home I lost my bottle. That season afterwards we were 4-0 up against 5under1and, W Ham and Wolves, I’d have been about 1.7K down and a nervous disposition. Poignantly that season, a Pardew (Hughton really) team scored four goals twice that season, his teams scored more than three only three more times in the next four years.

• toontaff2

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Bobby, it would be great, though, if ‘Udders do not win and we do!

• ShirebrookToon

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Udders 2-2 now. Come on Preston!

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Hail, it’s typical of this league. Before the break I said on here it will go right down the wire and there’ll be some crazy results before it finishes. That’s nowt to do with me having a crystal ball or being insightful, it’s just Championship football all over. We’ll do enough to go up imo and then the hard works begins. Teams are tiring, injuries kicking in and nerves are taking effect. Gonna be fun but we’ll come out smiling.

• JackBall

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Hail,

You see. You stayed quiet and good things happen. Maybe I should shut up now too.

• cyprus

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM

That Huddersfield game is very important. Draw means maximum they can get is 90. Six more points would surely be doable.

I think it’ll be a draw tonight. Any point gain is a big plus.

• toon kk

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:48 PM

Toontaff
    Now your talking mate!!!!!

• JackBall

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Today is a long stressful/fun football day. All three games we are watching closely on at different times. 6 hours of intensity. Just what Bobby seems to enjoy. Wish I had his calm demeanor.

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:51 PM

Can’t beat a nervous state of affairs though. 🙂 Makes you know you’re alive. I see the dodgy four officials are all sitting at home again today. I still wonder about that. How on earth can all four get it so wrong? Basic laws of the game. Maybe the FA are checking their betting habits!

• Bobbybee

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM

Just pop out to get some diesel for the car, then watch the first half of the Brighton game. Then of course drive into Newcastle and watch the game. Much easier than the three hour drive from Chesterfield I had to do before moving back up here. 🙂 Happy days.