Ipswich 3 Newcastle 1 – Video Highlights For Fans Around The World

Here’s the highlights of the game yesterday at Portman Road which was another disastrous result for Newcastle.

The video seems to play around the world.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:01 AM

I do agree with Sing on the previous thread.

Calling out Rafa over the starting lineup and saying he shouldn’t have rotated?

Who knows the physical and / or mental state of the players after the Leeds game, a game which most fans agreed the players gave their all for.

Where some have a case against Rafa imo is his rigidness in approach to games. It has (so far) worked overall, we are in position to achieve our seasons main target, but I do get the frustration. I do also remember the mental state of our team last season, they do have a tendency to fall apart under pressure. There will still be some of that lingering imo, so strong and defensive is the foundation Rafa is trying to lay imo. It all get’s built on that and always will with Rafa.

We’ve had blips like this before this season and turned it around, this one is just closer to the end and brings extra nerves with it.

• martoon

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Repost:
    sing in the corner – I agree 100% – I’ve been trying to say this but people just keep saying ‘well Ipswich did it’. Most of the players we brought in were Internationals so they should have been good enough! We were pants but I don’t think you can blame the player selection.

• sing in the corner

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM

Tell you what..
    If Rafa had any other creative option who had anything like the engine Ritchie has he would have left him out too for the Ipswich game. And I would have agreed with that too! Another change!
    He is one of the players who has carried this team all season. People say it’s ok, they could have run on adrenaline after the Leeds game… Ritchie for one has been running on fumes for a few weeks but we can’t rest him.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM

Sing…Nah, Rafa got it wrong. Definitely should have rested players against Leeds and saved them for the mighty Ipswich….

• catchy in norway

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM

ibiza

but it’s not just about 1 game.

• Ibizatoon

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Catchy…In regards to what?

If you’re talking style and approach to games, I think I acknowledged that I think people are justified in being frustrated in that aspect.

I think what is getting a little lost, is that for the first time, we do actually have someone who you have to give some (or a lot of) benefit of doubt too. Rafa isn’t a chancer, but yes, he is a defensive coach.

As I believe we’ve discussed before (and it’s a fair question, you have certainly asked the same of me with regards to Ashley) and that is, accepting Rafa for who he is (defensive) other than constant bad feeling, is there a point to the hounding of him? It only leads one way, fan unrest, so do people want Rafa out?

Would have I liked to see some changes this season? Sure would. In the balance of things though, I can live with it, happily.

• Rotonda heights

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM

I just don’t get why people think this squad should walk this league. we have so few quality players i’m amazed we’ve been top of the league virtually all season. are any of our players top 10 EPL team standard, I very much doubt it.

Even then if we do have in some cases better players than other teams in this league, getting them to gel so quickly is a big ask.

I can’t understand why the likes of kimbo, munster, tof etc are almost seeming to want us to lose to make a point against rafa, despite the team being largely very successful this season. Some very strange individual said he was bored of Gayle after he had netted 20 goals!

These are the same people who championed Pardew’s serial failues. Go figure….!