The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

This Could Be Rafa’s Team To Beat Preston On Monday

4:00 pm, Friday, April 21st, 2017 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 130 Comments

It was good news from Rafa today in his press conference  that Ciaran Clark is in full training with the first team squad and hopefully the Irish International can start against Preston on Monday night and help to keep the back door bolted.

Twice in the last 7 games we have conceded three goals and in those games we have conceded a total of 10 goals – far too many.

That’s an areas Rafa will want to improve over the final three games of the season after we have gained a measly one point in our previous three games.

That has put self inflicted pressure on the team.

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle manager

Here’s a team that could be strong at the back and if we play near our best form we can win the game against the Lilywhites.

Darlow
Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
Shelvey Hayden
Ritchie Perez Gouffran
Murphy

Daryl Murphy has shown that when he is played he can score goals why we have him up front in preference to Mitro.

A possible change could be Mo Diame in the number 10 position but Ayoze can score goals when you least expect him too – Monday night could be that time.

There’s room for some heroes at Newcastle – players who for instance can score the goals to propel us back to the Premier League.

Somebody needs to take that chance for glory.

What would your team be for Preston?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Preston?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll

130 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM

In the last few matches when we conceded and wobbled – it coincided with Colback’s exclusion – significant or not ?

• 2 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Jib, do you not mean inclusion? For example Hayden went off at Leeds and Colback was instrumental in their equaliser?

• 3 ronaldo aarons // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Mitro should start against Preston. We’ve played them twice already and he’s scored twice on both occasions.

• 4 ronaldo aarons // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM

We’re supposedly favourites for tammy Abraham. Good player with potential but needs to keep getting games. We only play one upfront so it’s unlikely he’d get that with us in the premier league. Don’t want to loan him either so I think this transfer is a no go. Should get charly Musonda from Chelsea, slot him perfectly on the left. Future star for anyone that’s seen or followed him plus he’s not going to get a chance for Chelsea.

• 5 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Are we the mystery club that bid £10 million for Abrahams in January – I wonder.

• 6 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Tuff
    As Ashley freed up no money in January I can confidently say we werent

• 7 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Ah – Chronicle say it was a PL side that bid for him. So obviously not us.

• 8 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM

WW – noted. Definitely looks half decent though.

• 9 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:56 PM

Clematis
    In the 283 minutes of football that resulted in a 3 -1 defeat to Ipswich 2-1 defeat to Sheff Wed and 1-1 draw with Leeds , Colback was on for 16 minutes of the drawn game.
    I certainly did not mean inclusion.
    btw
    the Leeds goal was a combination of Hernandez , Roofe and Wood and had nowt to do with Jack at all
    Do you go on scouting trips to Barnsley and Coventry with Mr Tuff ?

• 10 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:57 PM

Tuff
    Aye Id not turn him away but from what I can gather hes likely to remain at Chelsea

• 11 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 4:59 PM

See Mr Tubbs is splashing the cash – buying out the debt of a couple of US Store Chains to the tune of 101 million dollars. Now has 50 shops there.

• 12 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Woah – Jib re-appeared today and already has had a couple of pokes.
    Jibberish is back from Spain a euphemism for “early realise due to overcrowding.”

• 13 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 5:04 PM

realise = release.

• 14 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 5:04 PM

Jib @ 9:

No, i don’t go on these apparent scouting trips. Nor, do I sit and wiki/google stats to prove a point.

However, unlike you, I AM a season ticket holder and can speak from actual first hand experience.

• 15 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Mister Tuff
    I see your hero Adam Johnson has just guaranteed himself no early release.

• 16 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Jib Jibberish how is Johnson a hero of mine. Please explain.

• 17 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Tuff. Read what I said. I said ‘A Bristol City fan said etc’. He was on the radio you Clown! You know, football phone is? They do those you know? For football fans. Sorry.
    I know where South is from here, but Barnsley is not in the south is it. Does it matter? Over the last few seasons, Fulham have probably had a better attendance, being in the PL, but is it crucial? We’re talking about LIES. Big whoppers to try and impress people who don’t even know you. How sad is that? Hibbett, Blackers, James, Clem, etc who do go, or those who would go if they lived up here like Shirebrook etc; if they said it I would believe it. But you don’t do football. You live up here and don’t go. Why would you go and Scout Arma ffs. You don’t like him and you just proved it. You don’t like him because I do, that’s the really sad part about it. I remember you getting really excited and accusing me of attacking you for EXACTLY that reason. If you lie, you need a good memory. And be careful, Jib has a great knack of digging up these things pretty quickly. Look, you called people armchair experts when nobody is a bigger armchair fan than you. You then tried to cover it with a whopper of a lie and you have embarrassed yourself beyond belief. I doubt anybody believes you but are too polite to say so. But after your regular attacks on me – blibby blob by

• 18 Lindisfarne // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:08 PM

Looking forward to see who Rafa plays on Monday and an improvement in our style of play. Whilst we won as a team, admittedly with Gayle and Shelvey standing out, we also lose as a team and individuals can not be solely responsible.

The team needs strengthening in the summer, whichever league we are in, with players more suitable to the style in which Rafa wants to play. A central / defensive midfilder and creative / #10 are definitely required, plus a winger. Any additional players are likely to due to good contractual opportunities. Where as with out going players, I imagine a lot of water will pass under the bridge before we know where we are.

• 19 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:13 PM

Arrgh, touched submit. Blibby blobby being one of your more adult attacks, I won’t resist. You are a fibber. Pinocchio. Walter Mitty. Billy Liar. Lmao. Priceless. Lying on a blog where nobody knows each other. Oh God, how sad is that? Then getting it wrong about the Bristol City fan in a lame attempt to save face. Really, I shouldn’t have a battle of wits with such an unarmed man, it’s bordering on bullying, so unless you wish to carry it on, I’ll call it quits. You can’t rescue this Tuff, honestly, quit now. Humiliation is complete. Call it a day.

• 20 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM

Bobby
    Are you just humouring Tuff or don’t you actually know he is purely on the wind up mate?
    Also noticed you taking Welshtroll9 at face value yesterday! It’s those cakes, I’ll wager 🙂

• 21 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Lindisfarne, great news that Clark is fit. He must start Monday night. Can’t afford to bring him in slowly either, he needs to start.
    Wouldn’t worry too much about next season either. The PL is more Rafa’s forte and he knows what it takes. We’ll see the best of him next season I reckon. This was just purely about promotion, nothing else and regardless of what people think about his tactics, he built a team to play the way he thought would get us up and he has. We won’t fail now imo. It could still happen, but it won’t.

• 22 Lindisfarne // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Bobbybee

We actually only have your words to go on, that you are a ‘real’ supporter and although plentiful, are in the end one of many opinions that are presented on this blog. Trying to justify your own opinion by discrediting others is not actually very productive.

I enjoy seeing someone trip up and have called Mister Tuff Titty out on another occasion. But some issues do not bare prolonged exposure, just the occasional revisit for humours sake.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:24 PM

Someone take a chill pill man!1 Or is it the chill pills that cause it?

• 24 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:25 PM

Tuff ain’t bright enough mate. He said what he said and then tried to defend it. He still is. Porky pie teller. Fantasy land. Clown Prince of the blog. He wanted people to believe he went and watched Arma and now regrets his lies. No cop out sing. He’s a mug.

• 25 LewSpi v2.0 // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:31 PM

England have some cracking up and coming young attackers mind.

Tammy Abraham
    Adam Armstrong
    Demari Gray
    Marcus rashford
    Josh Onomah
    Dominic Solanke

Furthers bright. Wouldn’t mind Rafa grabbing one or even two more.

• 26 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:32 PM

He’s carrying it on, why should I stop? I’m loving it. It’s hilarious. He loves attacking people. Most of his posts are a dig at someone. You only have my word? You have my observations as well, which kinda destroys that argument. Would I care anyway? Jail, shut up eh? We have to put up with your continuous attacks on Welshie etc, who are you to talk? What’s good for the goose etc. If he drops it, as I say, I’ll drop it, but this is classic and he deserves what he’s had. You argue all the time in here and usually about nothing. At least this is funny. He gives it, he takes it. It’s life.

• 27 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:33 PM

I agree it’s time to wheel out the big guns on Monday night. No more fretting over match fitness and saving anyone in case they aggravate lurking knocks.
    It all comes down to the Preston game. Let’s smash em, get it done then we can look forward to next season.
    Mind you, if Brighton slip up tonight.. Long shot but still possible..?

• 28 jimnufc // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:37 PM

Darlow
    Yedlin mbemba Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Perez Gouffran
    Mitrovi?

• 29 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM

Anyway lindy, I changed the subject talking about Monday night. You brought it back to Pinocchio 🙂 As I was saying, are you concerned about next season under Rafa? Do you worry he won’t sign quality players? Big leagues are where he’s successful matey, we’ll be fine next season.

• 30 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:42 PM

sing in the corner
    You still thinking about winning the League ?
    Brighton will play without any pressure – I expect them to murder Norwich , Bristol and Villa.

• 31 tonynufc // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:43 PM

Really think we can clinch promotion on Monday. I think we are doing well in this league when u consider the teams around us. Brighton have a team that has played together in this league for at least a season. They know this league very well and also have a manager who knows how to win promotion. All other teams around us are good teams who also know the league very well. Look at the other 2 teams that came down. Norwich and villa. both teams who at start of season were expected to be around the top 5. Only team that is living up to prediction is us. HWTL.

• 32 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Sing, Aye, gonna watch the Brighton game tonight myself. It is a forlorn hope really, but if they do slip up, we need to be there to take advantage. Just can’t see it matey, but ye never know. Would make it exciting if they did mind you. If they lost tonight and we won Monday night, the pressure would automatically pile onto them. Be very interesting.

• 33 JamesToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Bobbybee

Definitely expect rafa to make 6-7 signings, with quality, some might be bargains from European leagues but he’ll want at least 4/5/6 premier league proven players.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him keep the likes of Colback Dummett and Anita, as they do all give 100%, you don’t want to take away the work ethic from a squad as that’s the reason why we went down (and bad management)

• 34 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:45 PM

blibby – you blew up into a volcanic eruption when someone accused you of lying some time ago – but it is ok for you to accuse someone of lying. Double standards/hypocrisy matey.

Your tactics of abusively and nastily shouting down others when you get the lip on is unfortunately commonplace on here now.

You are certainly worth a laugh because of
    1) your petulance
    2) your ignorance.

Booohoooo, boooohoooo Tuff doesn’t like Arma because I do. Boohooo, boohooo.

Man even I cannot argue against shyte like that.

You need to get your 3D specs strapped on ya mug for tonights match, and get the armchair ready.

• 35 JamesToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:46 PM

What do people think is gonna happen with lazaar? Hardly played this season, is rafa gonna use him as starting left back in the premier league as he offers a bit more going forward? But if that’s the case why didn’t he play this season? Will he be used on the wing or simply just moved on

• 36 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:48 PM

Jib
    Can’t help it, while its still possible 🙂
    Honestly, I can believe they might draw 2..
    I’m less confident we can win 3 in a row on our current form though. But a confidence boosting win and performance by us on Monday, if they don’t win tonight…?
    It would be great to secure promotion, then take it to the last game with a chance!
    Dream on?!

• 37 Lindisfarne // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:50 PM

B-bee

I worry about the style of play at the moment, but as the man says “one game at a time”. There are a few fingers in the pie when it comes to transfers and, through experience, Rafa had learnt to use his own smoke n mirrors. It is no good trying to predict what will happen at Nufc, my first acknowledgement of that fact was selling Andy Cole.

• 38 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:50 PM

Bang on Tony. Listening to some on here you’d think we were getting relegated. 🙂 Been a great season imo. Having had to watch dross for the last few seasons, watching us win has been a nice change mate. Promotion was the aim and we’ve all but got it. Should be a good atmosphere on Monday night at SJP I think. Can’t wait myself. Be nice to get a big win, but like always I’ll settle for the points.

• 39 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:55 PM

sing in the corner
    SJP should have 52,000 of youse

• 40 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 6:58 PM

Crikey Lindy, it’s been worse than Cole over the years mate! We’ve sold all our good players lol. Supermac broke my heart. From there it went downhill rapidly! 🙂 At least when we sold Cole we replaced him with quality.
    Our style hadn’t bothered me one bit. Yes, I love to see us attack all out and batter teams, but you only needed to look at the squad to know it was going to be different. For me, promotion was first and foremost. Winning the league second and style wherever. Getting out of this league is an achievement imo, not everybody does it first time. Ask Norwich and Villa! 🙂 He’s very pragmatic is Rafa. He knew what he wanted to do and did it his way. I can’t knock it. Getting up is all I cared about and happily, it’s looking good.

• 41 AncientC // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:00 PM

I have high hopes for Adam Armstrong, myself. He reminds me of Shane Long in his style of play; therefore, I would love to see us sign Shane Long, to see what Armstrong could learn as understudy to Long.

That said, to use Bobby’s quotes on Benitez regarding Armstrong: “He has a future in football.” That really means very little, other than Armstrong will be playing football at some level. Had Benitez stated, “Armstrong has a (big?) future at Newcastle” – then you could really pay attention.

• 42 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Sing, dreams, are what makes a football fan. I was believing we could stay up last season and only accepted it when the points ran out 🙂 You gotta dream following our lot, it’s all you ever get.

• 43 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:02 PM

PNE are on 61 points
    Nowhere near either the playoffs or relegation
    How will that effect their performance on Monday ?
    Hopefully they’ll have their flip-flops on.

• 44 tonynufc // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Yea Bobbybee we certainly need all fans behind the team. Not enough just having gallowgate corner and level 7 corner singing. I’ll admit to signing my heart out for team but the leezes stand that I’m in is very quite. And can b awkward when only a handfull sing or cheer on. To b out sung by 1000 away fans

• 45 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:04 PM

Rafa knew he wasn’t in his comfort zone going into the championship. Everything to lose, not least in terms of reputation. And he knows what the owner has been capable of over the years…
    Big risk, and it’s great he stuck with it and us.

• 46 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Ancient, actually he did say big mate! I put it in last time I think but missed it out this for some reason. He’s rated highly by England as well. You just need to watch him play to know he has what it takes. Not just his pace and quality finishing power, but he thinks the game as well. Makes those quality runs and when he plays in a team with someone who can pick him out, the goals flow. I’m still convinced he’ll make it mate, despite Barnsley not helping his cause much! 🙂

• 47 Jail for Ashley // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Ok Bobby, I’ll shut up on this blog when you do you nut job. Welsh has given more than most on here, gives it takes, so you say!!
    I’m not sold on the idea of Arma not playing in the PL under Rafa just because he isn’t this season. It is a different ball game this year with a whole lot of pressure and not fair to ask Armstong to do the business when so much is at stake, next season will be entirely different imo as I don’t think there will be anything at stake. We’re not going to be relegated and won’t be in a race for the CL so a steady sequence of run outs will do him the world of good in the second half of the season. Loan him out to a top Championship team for half a season then bring him home.

• 48 AncientC // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Bobbybee, I rate Armstrong highly myself. The club has had England youth internationals in the past, but nothing like the pedigree of Armstrong.

Benitez is similar to Mourinho in his managing style – younger players suffer; unless senior players need a rest. It will be some time until we are in a position to rest senior players.

• 49 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Tony, I’m in the NW corner. Many a time I resort to ‘sing up ye mugs ye’. 🙂 Was decent against Leeds though. I could see them singing but couldn’t hear them, which is always a good sign. Hopefully we’ll get an early goal Monday night to settle the nerves and the fans will be in a celebratory mood. Love it when I come home with a sore throat.

• 50 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Jail lmao. See, it works both ways mate. Come on, be honest, it was funny. 🙂 Aye, I wanted Arma to stay this season, but Rafa was right. Not fair on the kid at his tender years. I am hoping to see him next season though, even if only half a season. As Ancient points out though, it is tough for kids under Rafa because he likes to buy proven players. Hopefully though, not having so much to spend will help Arma to get a chance. Honestly, when he playing for the academy and U23’s, he was a joy to watch mate. Those runs and his finishing, you don’t teach that. He’s a natural. Love to see our kids coming through tbh. Something special about it.

• 51 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Ancient, you are right there about Rafa, I just hope Arma shows him what we know he’s capable of and forces the issue. You just don’t get a player like that coming through the ranks too often, as you pointed out. I even went to watch the fifth round youth cup at Derby County, just because he was playing. He scored the only goal, so didn’t let me down. 🙂

• 52 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:27 PM

I’d play Mitro Monday night. Made an impact against Sheff Weds when he came, which resulted in a goal. Was a handful against Leeds and set up the goal. Didn’t have enough time against Ipswich. Scored 3 this season against Preston in the previous 2 games. His time has come!

• 53 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:30 PM

Oh and has anyone got a spare ticket for Barnsley game. Lol

• 54 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:35 PM

The chaps training today

• 55 toontaff2 // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:35 PM

Canaries v Seagulls with Magpies watching on!

• 56 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:37 PM

You might struggle for Barnsley Shirebrook, seems the whole world wants to be there. You need to hope Brighton keep losing so we get on the telly. Talking of which, I’m gonna watch that game right now. I will be hoping they lose obviously, but not holding out much hope. Just hoping very very hard 🙂 stranger things have happened…

• 57 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Aye Bobby

While there’s still hope of a slip up I’ll hold onto it.

• 58 toon kk // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM

Have to say congratulations to Houghton.

• 59 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 7:58 PM

Howay Norwich

Its annoying watching Brighton beat teams so easily in this division when we utterly dominated them twice, shame they arent the scalp we are

• 60 toon kk // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Norwich 1 up

• 61 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Get in Norwich

• 62 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM

Get in Norwich haha

• 63 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:06 PM

Oh dear!

• 64 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:07 PM

Score a few more now. Get their GD down for us lol

• 65 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:07 PM

Brighton have some dirty players maybe thats where we went wrong this season

• 66 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM

That Bruno is a right dirty cuuuunnnttt

• 67 lesh // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM

Now if officials show the same impartiality to Brighton as we’ve enjoyed and conversely become less critical towards us, well you never know what might happen

• 68 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:14 PM

Glenn Murray as well hes a right sly get as bad as Nolan ever was

• 69 andrew84 // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Doubt we’d ever be given a free kick like that haha

• 70 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Haha wish our lads could foul players and win free kicks

• 71 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM

What’s the chances of that happening, to quote Harry Hill. Get in there. 🙂

• 72 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Wow Norwich 2 -0 up.

• 73 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Brace for stockdale lol

• 74 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM

…Hahaha…

• 75 Jib // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM

Great diving header by Stockdale !
    😀

• 76 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:28 PM

Tbf when ur built like a fridge its hard to get out of the way of the ball, Stockdale needs to lay off the take aways

• 77 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Stock Dale on a hattrick. Good odds for that before ko!

• 78 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Bobby

Match fixing scandal lol

• 79 toon kk // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM

Norwich not bad,no shots on target and two up.

• 80 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:31 PM

Is he not in the team of the Season too

• 81 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:35 PM

Tell u what Brighton lose tonight we play twice before they play again…we could be right up them by nights end Friday and they arent good with pressure haha

• 82 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:37 PM

P!ssing myself laughing at that fat fuuuucking fraud in goal. And at least everyone gets to see what a bunch of dirty cuuuuunts they are. And the unbelievable bias from refs.

Cmon Norwich!!!

• 83 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:40 PM

You want conspiracy? Our game reffed by a Huddersfield fan. Huddersfield game ref fed by a mackem. Pick the bones out of that one!

• 84 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:42 PM

All the more incentive for us to hurry up and get the fcuk out of this league Bobby

• 85 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:44 PM

Yup, Shirebrook, but we’ll have to do it the hard way with refs appointments like that for crucial games.

• 86 lesh // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:44 PM

Two goals for David Stockdale – I like him

• 87 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:45 PM

Wouldn’t be Newcastle if it wasn’t done the hard way.

• 88 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM

Bobby and Shire:

Total conspiracy. We get a ref from Huddersfield and Brighton once again get one that lets them get away with murder.

Brighton are in for a shock in the prem when all the decisions go against them. Plus, I can’t wait to wet myself laughing at them attempting to play 442 with that baaldy cuuuunt upfront. 🙂

• 89 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Ha ha 2 nil eh?
    I have a dream!! 🙂

• 90 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:05 PM

Sing

Be nice if they lose 3 in a row lol

• 91 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:06 PM

Stockdale has got a bit of timber on him like

• 92 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:08 PM

Shire…by timber you mean fat as fuuuuuck, right?

None of his teammates will pass back to him for fear of making an ‘assist’. 🙂 🙂

• 93 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM

Clem, I know mate. Next game, as I pointed out, we get a Huddersfield ref, Huddersfield get a mackem ref. I’m not saying anything BUT why do that? What happens if they get two dodgy pens from the mackem and the Huddersfield ref denies us two? It’s not what it is, it’s how it looks.
    Anyway, ideal scenario tonight is Knockeart gets another yellow and misses their next game.

• 94 Ron Knee // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Under 23s beat Boro 2-0.

• 95 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:13 PM

Clem

Aye he is a bit tubby like lol

• 96 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:14 PM

I know, Bobby…and it stinks. Imagine if we had the refs bias like Brighton. The title would have been sewn up in November!

Knknknknockaert, the fuuuucking chancer that he is, has once again been hauled off. As has happened on numerous occasions. As he is sh!t.

🙂

• 97 Clematis // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:14 PM

Shire: 😉

• 98 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Brighton look shite tonight. Hope they don’t play 442 in EPL, they’ll get battered

• 99 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:20 PM

Bruno will be a red card magnet next season

• 100 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:27 PM

That Josh Murphy looks a canny player

• 101 lochinvar // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Has it been pre ordained that the title goes down to the last game of the season thus providing Sky with the finale they wanted ?
    If you catch my drift

• 102 lochinvar // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Norwich Win by two goals but have had no shots on target
    That’s suspicious if you ask me

• 103 WWSBRD // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:37 PM

loch
    Haha u think the Brighton keeper has been paid off to somehow score two incredible own goals?

Dont think this conspiracy stuff is for me it always just makes me laugh

• 104 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:48 PM

WWSBRD that’s what it’s all about though mate, a bit of a laugh. Still think it’s dodgy though lmao. So, as much as I’d like to, I can’t really see Bristol City beating Brighton, or even getting a draw. If Tammy Abrahams wants to come here though, he better find a way to do it! 🙂 Whatever happens we need to make them win it by beating Preston and Cardiff. Not let them have it without kicking a ball.

• 105 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM

If Brighton lose or draw against Brighton then it’s all to play for on the final day. That’s if we beat Preston and Cardiff obviously.

• 106 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM

** Bristol. Fcuking phone!

• 107 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:54 PM

Let’s hope Fulham turn up tomorrow against the ankle biters!

• 108 sing in the corner // Apr 21, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Haha nice bit of party pooping their by Norwich. And they’d been giving their ex player Pritchard dogs abuse throughout – he shoved that right back up em, 🙂
    This thing about no shots on target.. Gets my goat a bit that they don’t count hitting the woodwork as a shot on target. When the keeper makes a reaction save anywhere they count that but who knows if it woulda went in or just wide, just over etc?

• 109 ShirebrookToon // Apr 21, 2017 at 10:00 PM

Sing

Add it to the conspiracy file. Lol

• 110 Jack Root // Apr 21, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Mister Tuff- I have never viewed you as a fan with the right attributes to truly claim unyielding support of NUFC. Unlike Bobby who talks and displays a fervour and passion that really shows. His description of you as the classic armchair typeof fan is well made. Over the last year or so, I have become very disappointed that the best the blog has to offer is systematically being driven away by your endless trite judgmental comments. You are a bit of a whinger…old mate as well as being a total hypocrite.

Freedom of information can systematically reveal much surprising Information which with persistence can be built upon. The last time you abused me by claiming I was a multiple it was time to do some research and after countless efforts obtained sufficient and the necessary information. As you are only too well aware this accounted for your early retirement from a public body under threat of a markedly reduced pension. Maybe this in part explains your constant whinging but don’t burden us all with your past failures to do the right thing. There comes a time when your constant criticism and claim that many are multiples means that you’re not owed the privilege of discretion for your own misdemeanours. Don’t do what I do do what I say. I feel better already.

• 111 Bobbybee // Apr 21, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Might explain the second nature lying as well. Mmm, conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy. 🙂 Still, new day tomorrow eh? More interested in Monday though. Seems a lifetime to wait. It’s a massive outside chance and highly unlikely, but a win on Monday, then at Cardiff and Brighton’s brittle bottle might just start to crack a little. If it came down to the final day, as unlikely as it is, I know where my money will be. Hard to rely on Bristol though innit? Still, promotion will do me if all else fails. That tiny little bit of hope is so itchy though, I can’t help but scratch it. 🙂 Roll on Monday and SJP. Should be bouncing. Bring it on.

• 112 Average_Contents // Apr 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Get in Norwich haha.
    Brighton well and truly got their eye wiped lmao.

Just hope we do the biz on Monday.

On a separate note- Little wonder the blogs dead with the verbal excrement spewed over the last few days.

Bullheads of the highest order showcasing their considerable abilities.

• 113 LewSpi v2.0 // Apr 21, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Absolute ideal result for our players that tonight. Stops us from looking down and encourages them to look upwards. Before we know it we’ve won our next game in the hunt for Brighton and inadvertently secured promotion.

• 114 Mister Tuff // Apr 21, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Wow – another one to deal with.
    What a desperado – hated filled – to post such garbage. Made up invented rubbish.
    Misdemeanors, forced to retire, reduced pension.

I’ll go along with your buffoonery Ian for a short period.
    I hereby authorise that you can publish any information about me on this blog without fear of sanction.
    There you go publish. Let’s see all your information.

I’ll give you an hour. And when you have not produced your information/anything I could explain to you the finer points of FOI Act and the Data Protection Act which would preclude organisations divulging ” personal data” – (I hasten to add of which there is nothing about me as you suggest).
    Clearly your lack of knowledge of the law and how it is applied was outweighed by your ignorance and hateful spite.

• 115 magspuggy // Apr 21, 2017 at 11:51 PM

The title is still wors for the taking.

Hudders fall next.

Howay the lads

• 116 one fine day // Apr 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Darlow
    Yedlin Lascelles (c) Clark Dummett
    Shelvey Hayden
    Ritchie Perez Gouffran
    Murphy

don’t see a point in changing ed’s team
    score ..do not care as long as we get 3 points

• 117 Lindisfarne // Apr 22, 2017 at 5:05 AM

If the team can limit their concern to winning our own matches and we can then see how the dice roll when it is all over.

• 118 Jail for Ashley // Apr 22, 2017 at 5:52 AM

Last nights result surely gives our lot the kick up the arse to win, what really just be a routine home win against Preston, we could be just a points behind Brighton next Friday night, one can only hope.
    Any coincidence that since Rafa turned up that the U23’s, who couldn’t by a win and had taken on the defensive frailties of McCardew all rolled in ti one, now find them selves in a promotion play off.
    Jack Root/carl/Ian Toon etc
    Give it a rest you creep.

• 119 Lindisfarne // Apr 22, 2017 at 6:18 AM

Jail

I will declare that my opinion is only based on viewing their results, i am not even an Armchair follower of the U23! Glad to hear that the Academy side are in a promotion position, they desperately need to be playing against the better opposition more regularly. How many more matches are there?

• 120 Jail for Ashley // Apr 22, 2017 at 6:21 AM

Lindisfarne,
    Mine is based purely on the reports of Niall and Biffa @Nufc.com

• 121 Lindisfarne // Apr 22, 2017 at 6:37 AM

Promotion semi final next.

• 122 Tsunki // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Ian Toon back in the Jack Root gig. Yawn. What’s the cause of all the great exodus of the football cognoscenti Ian? Helvetica? Garamond? Or was it just something as simple and damning as Bold CAPS? How cruel the typeface can be when it is set in its hard opposition to you!

Personally i find the excessive wordiness and complaining about nowt but being rumbled puts me off.

• 123 Tsunki // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:10 AM

Just a small point, but isn’t one of the main functions of this blog to cater for the world’s armchair fans? Oh, and bragging “real” ones of course.

• 124 toontaff2 // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Very creepy that ‘Jack Root’ fellow 😈

• 125 toontaff2 // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:32 AM

David Stockdale, he scores when he wants…………….

• 126 hibbit // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:37 AM

another roll of the dice today let’s see where we are at 5 o’clock
    could be very interesting !!!!

• 127 lesh // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM

Tsunki

The point you make about this blog is that it was the brainchild of what I and many others would say is an ‘armchair fan’.

I’m sure that those ‘real fans’, who attend a lot of games, wouldn’t disparage the likes of Ed and his family who have supported (and in Ed’s case, has actually donned a black and white strip and played for the ‘Ns’) Newcastle United for many years. In Ed’s case he’s based over 3000 miles away and a I’m sure he’d love to get to matches but doing so is impractical.

There are many of us who look in on the blog would love to be able to get to our matches but can’t because geography or other circumstances makes doing so costly or difficult if not impossible.

Those whose commitment to Newcastle United drives them to attend our games, whether home or away, are the salt of the earth but surely they would recognise that they aren’t the only ones whose heart’s with Newcastle United.

• 128 Lindisfarne // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM

I wish dfs would advertise their armchairs on here, instead of some of the shite that pops up. Although, some of the featured women on the mature dating websites could be mistaken for a comfy leather sofa.

• 129 lesh // Apr 22, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Stockdale’s goals were unfortunate and will make the Brighton players very nervous in their final games of the season and they’ll feel the pressure – especially if we win on Monday.

• 130 magscar // Apr 22, 2017 at 8:15 AM

After my self imposed rest from the blog have begun to dip my toes in the water recently to guage how fellow fans are handling the recent hiccups.

As I wasn’t able to watch match on Easter Monday I made mistake of reading comments on here instead – not for the fainthearted.

In general blog is much the same but without the intense infighting that became the proverbial straw for me. Some regulars missing Lilongwe, Betty Expat and odd new(er) name but ruck between Bobby and Tuff made me feel straight at home 🙂

Was going to include Jib amongst the missing but then he turned up tanned and ready for the fray.

Very sorry to see Ed’s latest update and marvel at his strength and resolve to keep blog going during his latest treatments which i hope work for him.

As to where we are now I hadn’t anticipated it becoming such a close run affair way back at beginning of October when i gave up on here. Huddersfield had then hit the buffers and Norwich and Villa were off pace – but when did we ever do easy. Still confident but we need to cut out the stupid individual errors and concentrate for 96 minutes or whatever Ref decides to impose!

Can’t say that I have enjoyed much of the fare served up at Home but accept promotion was and is the be and end all. Next season if in PL we won’t be able to afford many reverses at Home as our Away form won’t be as imperious as it has been (until recently anyway)

Don’t think Brighton will blow it although Villa game could be awkward i don’t see them giving Bristol City 2 goals start ( unless Stockdale is still feeling generous). Huddersfield have tough game today against best side seen at SJP this season and not an easy run in so fingers crossed that we get across that line sooner rather than later.

Oh and i see the multiples sideshow still rumbles on .

Catch you all maybe after a further 6 months or at start of a shiny new season when we parade all our new signings and hopes 🙂

previous post: Press Conference – Gayle Not Ready But Clark Fit