Predicted Team For Cardiff City – Shock Comeback Possible?

Dwight Gayle is still not recovered enough from his hamstring injury to play at Cardiff City tomorrow night.

And Rafa has also four of our players have slight injuries but will not be in the squad for tomorrow’s game in south Wales.

Rafa will want to win this game tomorrow night so we are set up for a season ending finale at St. James’ Park a week on Sunday and all games will kick of at high noon.

Rafa Benitez and Rolando Aarons last July – the youngster has phenomenal skills

If Brighton win just one of their last two games they will go up as Champions and we would congratulate them on that excellent achievement – after just failing by two goals yo get second place and automatic promotion.

Instead Middlesbrough went up and will come straight back down next month, along with Sunderland.

This is what Rafa said today on the injury front:

“Lascelles, Ritchie, Hanley and Anita are not in the squad. They need to rest injuries. We hope to have them for the last one”

It turns out that Matt Richie has played his last game for Newcastle this season as he has admitted an FA misconduct charge and is suspended for two games with immediate effect.

He’s had a fabulous first season at Newcastle and his 16 goals were magnificent and his highest goal tally  for a single season in his career.

🙂

So here’s a team that could start tomorrow at Cardiff City Stadium:

Elliot
Yedlin Mbemba Clark Dummett
Shelvey (c) Hayden
Atsu Diame Gouffran
Murphy

We expect to see Rob stay in goal with Karl Darlow coming back in for the last game – Darlow has had a great season for us and deserves every credit.

And Christian Atsu should get another start on the right wing and there’s a chance Rolando Aarons could even get a start on the left wing – if he’s fit enough.

But maybe Rafa will not want to risk him at all this season, so he can have a full summer of strengthening and fitness exercises and be super ready for pre-season.

Let’s hope the 21 year-old can have some much better luck as far as injuries go – he can still become a phenomenal player for us down the road.

Daryl Murphy should get a chance up front and he usually scores when he starts away from home – another player who did the job for us when he was called on.

What team would you start tomorrow?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Cardiff City?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The Bonnie Lads!!

• LewSpi v2.0

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:18 PM

Here’s a controversial possible line up:

………………..Sels
    Sterry mbemba Clark dummet
    ………..Shelvey Hayden
    Yedlin…… diame………..Lazaar
    ……………..Murphy

Get them crosses pumped in for Dazza

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:21 PM

My biggest surprise this season has been M’bemba – I thought he would definitely be no. 1 CB to help him develop with the others alternating around him. I still think he has the most potential out of them all.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Bobby,
    Why is it that every time you’re addressed and you don’t like it, your reply turns in to a 1000 word rant littered with insults. YOU said he was nowwere near the worst owner, when there is plenty of articles out there proving that he is.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:34 PM

Mbemba would be better battling it out with Hayden for the combative midfield role in my eyes. His stature, lack of aerial prowess and rushes of blood are critical flaws at CB, but in CM he can do all the good work in the tackle and anticipating that he does, alongside his venturing forward without worrying so much what is behind him.

Would also create room in the squad for a new CB and mean if we offloaded Colback we’d just need a creative type to battle with Shelvey in CM.

• WWSBRD

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:43 PM

Aaron’s fit? I simply don’t believe it

• LewSpi v2.0

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Hail

He did play in that position for Congo during AFCON, would just worry about his positional sense and vision etc. like what you’d get from an experienced CM

• LewSpi v2.0

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM

I’m hoping Heardman gets a call up to the bench to be honest, he’s been knocking on the door all season

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM

@Hail – I’m not sure, I think some his rash decisions have often come after not getting a game for quite a while. It’s no real excuse but I don’t think they’d happen so much if he was playing consistently.

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Jail, what insults? Read some of the things I’ve tolerated without whining about it. It’s not a rant. You rant mate, regardless of the length.
    I don’t need other people to tell me what or who is the worst. I’m bright enough to make my own mind up. Try it sometime. My posts are long because it takes a lot to get through to some people.
    We all know about Ashley. Not just you ffs. Do you think we’ve not been paying attention? It’s just boring now. What do you suggest we do then? Let’s hear it. What’s your masterplan? If you think he’s the worst, try looking outside your tiny little world. Coventry? There’s one example. Go look into them and then tell me who’s worse. Don’t take my word like you take everybody’s else’s who agrees with you, go look at their club. From PL to second division. Are we that bad?
    I’m not continuing this anyway. There’s no point. Your obsession is worrying matey, he seems to dominate your life. But please, give us the benefit of your wisdom and tell us exactly what you intend to do about him? He’s given us Rafa and it looks like he’ll support him. Regardless of the past – I don’t live there – what he’s doing now is not hurting us one bit. It’s helping us. Let the past go. Move on. Enjoy the promotion party. IF he messes this up, then we can revisit it. Until then, what’s the point?

• giimps

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:54 PM

I reckon Clark and Mbemba would be a good pairing, one mobile and can play the ball out, one big and burly and can tackle with heading ability.
    I was championing mbemba for the dm role too, it would give us an extra layer of defence away from home, allowing the forwards to play higher up the pitch without having to drop deep to pick the ball up from Lascelles cos hes scared to move up the pitch with the ball, Mbemba could get it off him /clark and distribute it to Shelvey/either wing

• Ron Knee

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:55 PM

George Caulkin?

A minor exclusive: Matt Ritchie is actually suspended for last 2 #Nufc games this season after abusing 4th official after defeat at Ipswich.

Eh?

• LewSpi v2.0

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:56 PM

Bobby

How do you manage to write more sentences than words? Haha

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:56 PM

RAFA tried Findlay and Barlaser in The cup game against Preston and both looked decent. Don’t know might be a good chance to gove them a go in a more high pressure game.

Keeper interesting one I don’t think it will be Sels – think he has played his last game – I think it will be Elliot again – and in the last game of the season if the title has gone ply Elliot one half and Darlow second half

• Ron Knee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Further clarification:-

Incident happened in players’ tunnel after game. Delay in announcement partially due to events yesterday, but #Nufc decided not to appeal.

• Tsunki

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM

So, can we just clear this one up so we all know – are we, or are we not, allowed to talk about Mike Ashley? Is it a ban on complaining? Or comparing him to other people? Or just general unfavourable terminology? Would be nice to have some definition i think. 😉

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Gonna have fun with this one.

Elliot

Sterry Findley Clark Dummett

Shelvey Barlaser

Sammy Perez Atsu

Mitrovic

0-2

I know, highly unlikely, but I can’t win anyway 🙂 All in a bit of fun, but actually what I’d be happy with.

• ShirebrookToon

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM

First rule of Mike Ashley, you don’t talk about Mike Ashley!!

• Zekalea

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Rafa bingo. Sels, yedlin, clark, mbemba, lazaar, barlaser, hayden, atsu (right) , gouffran, shelvey (behind the striker), and murphy. Very unlikely but you never know…

• Tsunki

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Also, did Lee get off with the VAT fiddle on Marveax’s hip replacement? I’ve been away.

• AncientC

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM

I would love to see Hayden play CB. He has all the attributes and reminds me of Rio Ferdinand with his pace and tracking. It is no wonder Wenger saw a CB in him. Hayden’s crossing is actually quite good too, I am sure he could play almost anywhere in a midfield or defense if called upon.

If an expensive DM comes in over the summer, then it would be possible to get a look at Hayden at CB, if not, then no chance.

• Jib

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM

Tsunki
    You are allowed to talk about anything old fruit.

Also we are allowed to let anyone who is a tedious repetitive bore know it.

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM

I think the biggest, most desperately needed player is a more advanced midfield partner for Shelvey who can actually show for the ball and turn on it.

Half of our matches are Shelvey at the half way line looking for a pass that’s not there. He either knocks it back to the defence or switches it to the far side of the pitch. Seriously, that’s about ~30 minutes of our matches.

It’s what makes the team ponderous and at times painfully slow. No criticism of Shelvey as it’s so much responsibility on him and he’s generally played very well but the options down the centre aren’t there.

Colback: Tries to play even deeper than Shelvey so he never, ever has to play forwards.

Diame: not a great touch and generally goes further forward than midfield.

Hayden – Not his job. Not his style to pick it up in the hole.

Perez (as he sometimes plays at 10) – a bit lightweight in the middle in the championship, when the ball is pinged through to him he’s often barged out of control of it. I think he’s much better as a forward anyway.

Anita – no.

Apart from Vuckic I can’t think of anyone else. I think it’s what we need most.

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM

Course you can Tsunki, just like I can write what I want too. Works both ways. Some people talk about nothing else, but that’s their prerogative – just as it’s mine to reply how I see fit as well. Or what would be the point of the blog? Free speech is still allowed for the time being,although govts are working on that.

• hibbit

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:08 PM

folk can make as many excuses as they like but its ashley’s total incompetence in all things football that’s got us relegated twice
    like he said the buck stops here !!!!

• Jib

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:09 PM

• Ron Knee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM

It’s in the Chronicle so it must be true!

• LewSpi v2.0

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM

In fairness he did say “the buck stops here”, and despite not backing in January, we don’t know for why. We did only announce profit of about .5mil this year or whatever it is and maybe wanted to keep that positive revenue. However in the summer we had what ever we wanted. I’m edging on the side of we’ll have a similar kind of summer, take the chequebook and run free Rafa, do what you do best amigo

• catchy in norway

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Dan

would you not like to see Shelvy play in the no 10? i think he is totally wasted playing that deep. he cannot tackle and he is not fast, but shoot and pass.

100% agree with the Mbemba comment.

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:32 PM

My opinion is just that – my opinion. I’ve repeatedly said I’m not defending Ashley. His past is shocking, but he did back McClaren – wrong donkey, but he did back him – and he did pay Rafa a very good wage and backed him. Nobody knows what happened in January so let’s not pretend any of us do. If he backs in him the summer – as looks likely – then I’m happy to just ignore him again. He’s a necessary evil – he owns the club. As long as he stays in the background, I don’t see a problem. He’s been a total idiot for in the past, that’s beyond discussion, but right now? We all wanted him to give Rafa a free reign. To a reasonable extent anyway, nobody should have no checks and balances, and has he not done that? I know all about the past, I slated him for what he did, but as long as he backs Rafa, we could do worse. We’re a club in good financial steadiness, which makes us a viable project for a buyer who wants to take us further if they have big pockets. Just my opinion, that’s all. Right or wrong, I am entitled to it and this is the place to air it, agreed? I’ll be happy as a pig in the proverbial if he sells up to the right person/people. If you can’t see that I’m not defending him, that’s not my problem. I’m being realistic. We’re stuck with him, that’s a fact of life. Am I particularly happy with that? No. Could it be better? Yes, definitely. Could it be worse? Most certainly. That’s all I’m saying. Unless anybody can come up with a legal way of getting rid of him, what’s the pint of obsessing over him?

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:41 PM

Lews, I’d love to see Heardman given a chance too mate. But then, I’m a great advocate of bringing the kids through so I might be slightly biased. 🙂 If we don’t win, or Brighton do, you never know, he might get a run out v Barnsley. I think Rafa will be more conservative than my bingo selection to be honest, but it would be nice to see a couple of kids getting their chance.

• WWSBRD

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Ritchie is cracking but he needs to keep his mouth shut at times 2 match ban for spouting off and how many yellows for just going mental? Howay man

• Zekalea

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Just as another thought, does anyone know who’s going to don the armband?. clark, shelvey?

• Tsunki

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:49 PM

Yes jib you proved that bit about repetitive boring ad nauseam.

• WWSBRD

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:54 PM

Zeka
    I’d imagine Shelvey

• Jib

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:57 PM

I’m getting a bit sick of finding out The F.A. has decided something away from the public gaze

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:58 PM

WWSBRD, Aye, I’d go with Shelvey too mate. Didn’t even realise Ritchie got red carded mate, what was that for? Surely not gobbling off in a game we won? If he did, he needs a rocket where the sun doesn’t shine. 🙂

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:00 PM

HA HA HA HA! GOBBLING off?!!!! Spellcheck having a field day here! 🙂

• Bobbybee

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM

Jib, lmao! How very apt!

• WWSBRD

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Bobby
    I think Shelvey is vice captain isn’t he? It was after the Ipswich game mate apparently he abused the 4th official in the tunnel

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:06 PM

Who has got a two match ban for a incident in the tunnel after the Leeds game? – heard the end of the conversation on BBC Newcastle.

I the spellcheck is doing my HEEEEEEED in